TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

On 10/28/2022 at 10:43 AM, jedimaster1227 said:

If you've seen it at any of the other SeaWorld or Busch parks, you've seen it here.

1) Monster Stomp is NOT the same at every park. Completely different tone and song list. I watched a clip of the 2022 show at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and it is vastly different from the Sea World one. The only similarity is the show's title. I know this since I worked on the show. 

2) Did you even see the Longshoremen or Drag shows? Hard to have a trip report if you didn't experience either of them. The drag show (which I did see) was GREAT. Adult humor but nothing worse than you'd hear at HHN. And the Longshoremen were hilarious.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 11:26 AM, bert425 said:

really nice report.

I honestly had no idea that "Monster Stomp" is a packaged show. . .costumes, sets, and show are exactly the same as in the other parks?  for some reason, I never even considered that!

pretty cool, actually.

It is NOT a packaged show. The only similarity is the title. They are all VASTLY different productions from the song selections to the cast to the choreography and costumes. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel like this coaster quietly might be really good. I mean I don't think anyone was really looking forward to another mid sized B&M in the same park with 3 other B&M's but the layout looks great and the unique trains with a launch, this one might be a lot of fun.

And most of the time coasters at SeaWorld have pretty short lines so add in another high capacity ride and everything there might be a walk on 80% of the year lol. 

On 10/21/2022 at 9:08 AM, Hilltopper39 said:

I think the website has already stated it's 54 inches.

I feel like the point about height requirements at SeaWorld is one that everyone is making, myself included, but maybe they don't care about having things for people under 54 inches? For now atleast? I mean my youngest hit 54 inches when she was almost 7 years old, maybe they realize that in the Orlando market that if you've got little kids and want rides for little kids you're gonna go to Disney, no matter what SW builds, so why go after that market? And with as many "adult" events as they offer (7 Seas Food Fest, Brews n BBQ, HowlOScreams) maybe they'd rather focus on thrill rides for those guests. 

As a local who visits 2-3x a month, I would agree with your logic. That said, it never goes unnoticed when friends/family who visit that there is a limited number of rides that the entire family can enjoy together. I think that Antarctica solved for some of this back when the ride existed, despite its flaws. Maybe SEAS has done the math and the strategy you mentioned just works for them. It’s also become a heavy day drinking park on recent years which is probably becoming more and more lucrative. 

I never thought I’d say this, but Mako is probably one of the most wide-appealing rides at the park if you overlook the height requirement. It’s incredibly accessible, typically solid operations and short lines, and it’s still so butter smooth as a crowd pleaser 6 years later. It’s the only ride my parents, in their 60s, seem to want to do each time at SeaWorld.

The general consensus I’ve heard from locals and visitors alike seems to be that Manta is just too intense for the average park goer, Kraken is a little “shaky”, and  Ice Breaker’s punchy — you’re just lucky if you can safely get out of the train and comfort collar without passing away. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the park with my daughter Friday. We rode Ice Breaker x2, Mako x2, and Kraken x1 and all were walk-on or a station wait. When we arrived at Manta they were advertising a 60 minute wait. I hadn't purchased QQ in advance and really didn't want to shell $30 x 2 to save time on Manta. I decided to ask about pricing at the nearest spot selling QQ.  The cashier said it was $14.99 and that it was unlimited but didn't include icebreaker. When I paid, she asked if I had a membership. She scanned my pass and the total for two unlimited QQs was $14.99 + tax. Never hurts to ask. 

When we got to Manta, they were only sending people with QQ to one side of the station. So it was easy to get several rides in. Later in the day as it got a little busier they were using both sides of the station for non-QQ. The coaster itself is awesome. Probably my favorite flyer, even over Tatsu. We ended up riding Ice Breaker again (10 minute wait maybe), and many rides on Manta and Mako. 

QQ12-16-22.thumb.jpg.ccf28d7fc1e34700e1f7037c3a8be153.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Planning on visiting SeaWorld next week on Wednesday or Thursday, I’m assuming 5 hours is long enough to ride everything at least once with a few rerides? Also do they typically have scheduled ride closures for maintenance this time of year (couldn’t find anything on website)?

That should be plenty of time. By the middle of next week the coasters will likely be walk ons to 10 minute waits. I’m not sure about closed rides, unlike Busch Gardens they don’t have a closed rides list page on their site. 

Last January, Journey to Atlantis was closed for track work but the other coasters were open. 

Last year when Kraken and Manta were closed for their repaints, the closure was listed on the individual ride's page. So if there is no closure listed there, I think it's safe to assume everything will be open. Atlantis could be a wild card though.

In 5 hours you will get on everything with time to spare. Even on the busiest days, I have never seen Mako's wait over 10-15 minutes. Most of the time it's a walk on since the capacity is just excellent and dispatches are solid. If there is any sense of crowds, Manta will be the busiest due to the horrid operations. Kraken and Ice Breaker will be in the middle.

Have fun. It's a great park. And like ^ said, next week will likely be deserted.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Heading to Orlando in early May for work. I gotta swing by and get Icebreaker still, but what are the odds that Pipeline is open too? It seems pretty good looking at the construction and the "Spring" opening date, I'd say. Any news I am missing on that front? Thanks guys

Hi everyone,

Visiting the park for the first time on Monday the 20th, which is President's Day. We only have about 4 hours as we head to the airport in the evening. Should I expect to be able to hit all the coasters plus Infinity Falls? Is there a good plan of attack? And is there any scheduled ride closures? I can't find anything on their website so I assume we are good there. 

29 minutes ago, coastersandhockey said:

Hi everyone,

Visiting the park for the first time on Monday the 20th, which is President's Day. We only have about 4 hours as we head to the airport in the evening. Should I expect to be able to hit all the coasters plus Infinity Falls? Is there a good plan of attack? And is there any scheduled ride closures? I can't find anything on their website so I assume we are good there. 

Even on a crowded day Infinity Falls might be the only thing with any kind of a significant wait time. They usually don't open that ride with the park, if I recall they open that area of the park about an hour later so if your riding Mako around 9:45 or so you can get over to Infinity Falls when it opens shortly after 10. If you're at the park when they open at 9 am it's pretty easy to grab a few rides on Manta, Kraken, and Mako within the first hour.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, coastersandhockey said:

Hi everyone,

Be ready to buy Quick Queue. Then you’re fine…

If you don’t want to do that, see my locker trick above.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, coasterbill said:

Be ready to buy Quick Queue. Then you’re fine…

If you don’t want to do that, see my locker trick above.

I know at Busch Gardens Williamsburg there is an option to buy a one time one ride quick queue at many of the major attractions for like $5. Is that an option here too?

Also I'm not seeing your "locker trick" you referred to?

Sorry, that was a different thread I guess. Yeah, rent an unnecessary locker and then buy a single use line skip. As-of a few weeks ago it did not work for Ice Breaker. Don't bother asking employees for help, none of them know that this is a thing. This should not surprise anyone because... SeaWorld. lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coasterbill said:

Sorry, that was a different thread I guess. Yeah, rent an unnecessary locker and then buy a single use line skip. As-of a few weeks ago it did not work for Ice Breaker. Don't bother asking employees for help, none of them know that this is a thing. This should not surprise anyone because... SeaWorld. lol

Lol thanks for the tip! Will take advantage!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...