TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

I'd say take the earlier bus. They MAY let you in earlier whereas the later bus you may feel rushed. 
When you get to the park, ask about redeeming your dining plan.  They may be able to access them before entering the park which would save you time.
Have fun!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southpuddle said:

“An abundance of caution”… one of the most tired, eye-rolling phrases to come out of the pandemic 🙄😂

What? The phrase has been around for ages...

1 hour ago, tndank said:

I've heard a kids leg was seen hanging out for the entire ride. Also heard the comfort collar connector was banging kids in the head and causing bumps and big bruises.

I've heard the park is closing the ride and removing it beginning tomorrow. Also heard people make up all kinds of shit and post it on the internet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, boldikus said:

I've heard the park is closing the ride and removing it beginning tomorrow. Also heard people make up all kinds of shit and post it on the internet.

One seems way more reasonable than the other. But, if it's what you're hearing and think it's possible, feel free to share.

Also, in other news, construction walls are now going up for the 2023 coaster near the front of the park.  Work is starting.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tndank said:

Also, in other news, construction walls are now going up for the 2023 coaster near the front of the park.  Work is starting.

Ah, yes, the Wacky Worm with a 58" height requirement.

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, boldikus said:

What? The phrase has been around for ages...

I’m sure it has been, but it was in every press release and statement from every company on earth for the longest time at the onset of the pandemic. They couldn’t get enough of it 😂

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I'll "finally" be heading to Orlando after a 4 year absence . I know the park made some mask & social distancing adjustments for COVID in 2020 & 2021 but am wondering if the "Single Rider" lines will once again be available as I will be doing a solo trip.

Thanks in advance as I found no information on the SEAS website regarding "stand by" lines other than paying for Quick Queue.

There currently aren’t any single rider lines at SeaWorld. I actually don’t believe there ever have been in recent years but someone will have to fact check me. 

They have a 1x QQ for $10 option as an add on at the lockers at Manta, Mako, Kraken and possibly JTA that prints your a ticket. Otherwise, Quick Queue is your best bet. Hope this helps! 

Manta used to have single rider a long time ago as they always toyed with the '4 staircases' they have going up to the ride. Sometimes merge the QQ with the regular line with a single rider adjacent... or 2 regular queues and 1 QQ and 1 single rider, etc. Depending on crowd levels. I don't think they've done that any time recently, though. I'm getting old. The signs on the staircases have Velcro on the back so they were easily switchable. Crowds are rarely an issue though except as the stadiums let out at show break.

I remember seeing a fancy kiosk at Infinity Falls for a one time QQ. Not sure about the others. Infinity Falls is a great raft ride, coming from someone who usually doesn't care about them. You do get soaked, though :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Hilltopper39 said:

Did anyone ever figure out what the surf coaster is? A new version of the standup maybe?

Ah yes. The B&M surf coaster pulls into the station and you sit down as per the normal then a mechanical arm raises you up and flies you to the beach for some gnarly surf waves and chicken tenders.

• Like 1

Whatever it is, I hope it has a <54" height restriction. With Ice Breaker being bumped up to 54" it would really be a shame if the park plopped in a 5th coaster with a 54" height restriction and nothing in between those and Super Grover.

Although, unfortunately, with this being a B&M coaster I suppose that is unlikely unless it is something entirely new from them. Nonetheless it is exciting to see their original post-2020 plans ramp back up again!

6 hours ago, Hilltopper39 said:

Did anyone ever figure out what the surf coaster is? A new version of the standup maybe?

It's a sit-down train with OTS lap bars, similar to a Mack train, but the actual seats have shock absorbers that allow them to float up and down for added silliness on hills.  That's according to (supposed) leaks, at least, so take it with a grain of salt until anything's comfirmed.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2022 at 10:05 PM, KBrylczyk said:

It's a sit-down train with OTS lap bars, similar to a Mack train, but the actual seats have shock absorbers that allow them to float up and down for added silliness on hills.  That's according to (supposed) leaks, at least, so take it with a grain of salt until anything's comfirmed.

That seems like a mechanical nightmare that is asking to break. I don't see B&M creating something so ludicrous, that's Intamin territory.  If anything it's a reimagined stand up with less extreme forces so that it's re-rideable. That's why it's called surf, it probably has lots of smooth gliding turns with minimal forces. Im expecting something like Icon or Taiga. Not saying those have minimal forces, talking about the turns and lack of large drops. 

What is Sea World doing? ice breaker just became even more pointless.  Now - it is just a really small unexciting adult ride. 

Sea World's old plan was to add thrill rides to balance out the kid oriented aquariums and whatnot. Give the teens and adults something to do. Now that Peta is trying to put them out of business, they need to pivot to being a full fledged amusement park. 

They simply need at least 6 family and bridge roller coasters. off the top of my head;

GG 40 ft woodie,

GG 70ft shuttle woodie,

Gerstlauer launched family with reverse section,

Gerstlauer spinner,

Gerstlauer 70 ft Infinity w/ vertical lift and 1 inversion.

Ice Breaker can fit in as the 6th if they fix the ride height requirement.

If not; 

Intamin 100 ft mega twister

The park absolutely needs a Giga without question and they need to seriously consider a Tera as well. 

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, rachelmadcow said:

That seems like a mechanical nightmare that is asking to break. I don't see B&M creating something so ludicrous, that's Intamin territory.  If anything it's a reimagined stand up with less extreme forces so that it's re-rideable. That's why it's called surf, it probably has lots of smooth gliding turns with minimal forces. Im expecting something like Icon or Taiga. Not saying those have minimal forces, talking about the turns and lack of large drops. 

What is Sea World doing? ice breaker just became even more pointless.  Now - it is just a really small unexciting adult ride. 

Sea World's old plan was to add thrill rides to balance out the kid oriented aquariums and whatnot. Give the teens and adults something to do. Now that Peta is trying to put them out of business, they need to pivot to being a full fledged amusement park. 

They simply need at least 6 family and bridge roller coasters. off the top of my head;

GG 40 ft woodie,

GG 70ft shuttle woodie,

Gerstlauer spinner,

If not; 

The park absolutely needs a Giga without question and they need to seriously consider a Tera as well. 

Yep, the company that couldn't even pay for their rides needs to add 6 coasters to one park alone.  That makes sense.

And news flash - PETA has been trying to shut down SeaWorld since the beginning of either.  It's nothing new.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rachelmadcow said:

GG 40 ft woodie,

GG 70ft shuttle woodie,

Gerstlauer spinner,

If not; 

Peta is stupid. Seaworld rescues and rehabs so many hurt or injured animals 

4 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

Yep, the company that couldn't even pay for their rides needs to add 6 coasters to one park alone.  That makes sense.

And news flash - PETA has been trying to shut down SeaWorld since the beginning of either.  It's nothing new.

Not paying for a ride when it won't be used is just good business. Disney obv did the same but Vekoma was too scared to talk about them. 

Seaworld can definitely get loans to install them, not really a question. Seaworld is just very fiscally conservative and they don't like having a bunch of loans being paid back simultaneously. Like they wait for the whole ride to be paid back then install another. 

PETA gave out anti seaworld gifts to the people attending the 2022 Slap Oscars. ..

image.thumb.png.426ee571489313a9d8cff0b3794ddd36.png

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, rachelmadcow said:

Not paying for a ride when it won't be used is just good business.

So you're in the camp that believes the reason they didn't open Iron Gwazi, Pantheon, or Ice Breaker last year was because they didn't want to, not the fact that they hadn't finished paying for the rides?

And no, it's no "good business."  In the business world, typically contractors like to be paid when they're supposed to be, per the original contract, not on whenever the customer decides to pay them.  I would not be surprised if Intamin, RMC, and Premier kindly decline working with them for the near future.

49 minutes ago, rachelmadcow said:

Seaworld can definitely get loans to install them, not really a question. Seaworld is just very fiscally conservative and they don't like having a bunch of loans being paid back simultaneously. Like they wait for the whole ride to be paid back then install another.

The same "fiscally conservative" company that tried to buy Cedar Fair last year?  Also realize how contradictory your last sentence is there to the entire point you've been trying to make.

Whatever you're smoking, please share with the group.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

So you're in the camp that believes the reason they didn't open Iron Gwazi, Pantheon, or Ice Breaker last year was because they didn't want to, not the fact that they hadn't finished paying for the rides?

And no, it's no "good business."  In the business world, typically contractors like to be paid when they're supposed to be, per the original contract, not on whenever the customer decides to pay them.  I would not be surprised if Intamin, RMC, and Premier kindly decline working with them for the near future.

The same "fiscally conservative" company that tried to buy Cedar Fair last year?  Also realize how contradictory your last sentence is there to the entire point you've been trying to make.

Whatever you're smoking, please share with the group.

Why are you so mad at sea world not paying rmc and premier. a lot of people and business stopped all spending because nobody knew how long we would be shutdown and people kept dollars in house. 

no youre right the people working at these places are contractors theyre not business people. Seaworld already made it clear they don't care about working with them when they didn't pay them. 

That just means they can raise a lot of money in financing, which is what i said. I didnt know they tried to do that.

Seaworld should buy SixFlags and just keep the core parks selling off SFA and darien lake, great escape...frontier city