TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

If you're planning to go, there is a HUGE deal on Groupon now.  You can also get tickets for Howl-O-Scream at Busch Tampa as well.

And if you enter the code MISSYOU you get an additional 35% off!

I got 2 tickets to use on any night EXCEPT Saturdays for a little over $60!

Here is the link (and feel free to delete it if it goes against policy)

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-sea-world-orlando-howl-o-scream?deal_option=0b01d990-7206-4915-8f5a-796fa495a9ef&fbclid=IwAR2GFGc-oSf2cRFXkS7OLvlzK0HYpKdPs-hf8Sas7VXaD8Phoy6b-qWlkPc

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, pianojohn said:

If you're planning to go, there is a HUGE deal on Groupon now.  You can also get tickets for Howl-O-Scream at Busch Tampa as well.

And if you enter the code MISSYOU you get an additional 35% off!

I got 2 tickets to use on any night EXCEPT Saturdays for a little over $60!

Here is the link (and feel free to delete it if it goes against policy)

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-sea-world-orlando-howl-o-scream?deal_option=0b01d990-7206-4915-8f5a-796fa495a9ef&fbclid=IwAR2GFGc-oSf2cRFXkS7OLvlzK0HYpKdPs-hf8Sas7VXaD8Phoy6b-qWlkPc

That seems to be pretty close to the same price as the passholder discount but still a pretty good deal, especially for the two park option. I was looking at some local haunts around here and they can get up close to $40 with various skip the line options, so compared to that 4 houses and scare zones with Mako seems like a pretty good deal. Might end up checking this out after all.

7 hours ago, Hilltopper39 said:

That seems to be pretty close to the same price as the passholder discount but still a pretty good deal, especially for the two park option. I was looking at some local haunts around here and they can get up close to $40 with various skip the line options, so compared to that 4 houses and scare zones with Mako seems like a pretty good deal. Might end up checking this out after all.

The cheapest I found as a passholder was $41 on the non peak nights. So you can save about $10 per ticket if you buy two on Groupon.  Comes out to $31.20 per ticket with the discount and no service fees.

• Like 1

Monster Stomp was a decent enough show (though I'm not really into the whole song and dance thing, they did have a cool "knife" segment.

The bars seemed really nicely and heavily themed, though I only looked in from the outside. I didn't have anything to drink.

The actors did a pretty good job, but I only found two of the four houses to be decently done set-wise. The fact that they don't do Conga Lines like Horror Nights does always give SEAS a step up in scare factor. Always a positive.

I had high hopes for the Wild Arctic one but that ended up being the worst. The scare zones were very basic, but again, I think there are more scares at SeaWorld than say HHN. The makeup was pretty impressive in the scare zones too. Set-wise was very very eh.

Not usually one to complain, but the night was a bit tainted and very frustrating by some of the guest services staff and the staff at the front of ALL the houses who were completely clueless on procedures that were told to us, so my group had some major ADA issues, but they did give us tickets for next year to try and make things right. They would have let us go again this year but we are no longer local and wouldn't have an opportunity to use the tickets. Hopefully nobody else has to go through what we went through. I understand it was their second day and have kinks to work out, but it was a complete shitshow and I feel bad for anyone who needed special accommodations.

Overall I think Tampa is a much better value, but Seaworld was decent enough to warrant a visit. Just make sure you understand the cheese factor going into it and the fairly generic themes in the houses, and you will have a good time. Don't expect Horror Nights. A much more "budget-ty" haunt. Which is not surprising, lol.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Aquatica Orlando has announced new enhancements at the park including Reef Plunge, an update to the previous Dolphin Plunge attraction!

https://aquatica.com/orlando/whats-new/

What's New at Aquatica Orlando

The new year is almost here and we can’t wait to share all the amazing new additions you’ll find when you visit Aquatica Orlando. From new food to thrilling new attractions and other new improvements to your experience around every corner, USA's #1 Waterpark is getting even better in 2022!

660x410-APO-Reef-Plunge-KeyArt.jpg.1b399e1c730f3f68bc78c2331d9e0413.jpg

Experience an All-New Water Slide Adventure This Spring

An exhilarating new water slide experience, Reef Plunge, is coming to Aquatica just in time for Spring Break 2022! Splash, twist, and turn through over 330 feet of eye-catching translucent cutouts and rings. Zoom past a dynamic new underwater habitat that’s home to a vibrant array of marine life, including Commerson’s dolphins, leopard sharks, sardines, and other cold-water fish. Get ready to plunge into this all-new, one-of-a-kind adventure this spring!.

660x410-APO-Park-Scope.jpg.e3536d42abe98baa239e203e426d10d5.jpg

That’s Just One Part of a Huge Aquatica Refresh!

Find more shady spots to sit with 1,000 new loungers and beach chairs. Savor new bites and sips with quick-service pizza and bar additions. Explore exciting upgrades to Omaka Rocka, KareKare Curl, and more, in addition to the all-new experience of Reef Plunge. It’s all part of the biggest refresh ever at Aquatica Orlando, coming to you in time for Spring Break 2022 and designed to make your experience even more comfortable and enjoyable. Keep watching for details!

660x410-APO-2021_Riptide_Race.jpg.b03a95c49e6c1f1b03be37a829d99eb3.jpg

The All-New Riptide Race is Now Open!
World's Tallest Dueling Racer

Ready? Set? Race! The world's tallest dueling racer is nearly ready to open. Grab a friend and race through high-speed tunnels as you see your opponents side by side and face to face. Who will reach the finish line first? You can learn more about Riptide Race here.

660x410-APO-Papas-Cantina.jpg.74c89dccd3bd2badf62fc4b25da04129.jpg

Papa's Cantina

Papa, our resident spoonbill Aquatican, is bringing his recipes to his brand-new cantina next to Motu’s Bar. Choose from a variety of boneless wings and empanadas to dip into an assortment of delicious sauce flavors like Papa’s secret sauce, avocado crema, and chipotle ranch.

660x410-SWO-Blog-SpringBreak-SSFF.jpg.84a18dd05540bc5a06510d5af4883f3d.jpg

We hope to see you enjoying these amazing park enhancements at Aquatica Orlando this spring. Be sure to stay in the loop with everything happening by following us on Facebook, Instagram, and on the Aquatica Orlando Blog.

On 10/11/2021 at 3:05 PM, tndank said:

New closures posted.

Manta 10/18 - 11/28 (New paint confirmed)

Seal Lion Stadium 10/18 - 10/28

Kraken 11/29 - 1/3

Update: They realized that this was unfathomably stupid.

Kraken will now be open for the busiest week of the entire year. Big brain moves…

E0808264-9386-4801-9A01-BCCAA5590AD2.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We ended up going to Howl-O-Screams at Seaworld this past Saturday and had a pretty great time, I was honestly kind of impressed with the event. All of the houses were pretty good, none of them were "great" but I thought they were all really fun. Decent length and full of actors. The pirate house and Beneath the Ice were our favorites, Deadwater Inn was probably the weakest just because it felt the shortest but again was still fun. 

The scare zones didn't really have a ton of "scares" but the atmosphere in them was great. Tons of actors all over the place doing a nice job of interacting with people, hiding in the bushes and behind walls and stuff, very fun to walk through.

The highlight of the event for us was the entertainment. Monster Stomp was a lot of fun, I don't really know what the plot was supposed to be but there was spooky singing and dancing and stuff that all looked very cool. The Sirens Call show was also a lot of fun. Again I don't know what the plot really was but there were spooky sexy men and women with fire and stuff. The way they used that open plaza and the show was all around you was really neat. We also watched the Long Shoreman for about 30 minutes in the themed bar at Sharks and they were awesome. It was kind of an improve comedy type show but the performers were very talented and funny, super fun little show. And the drinks in all of the specialty bars were great, at the Longshoremans Tavern we had a candy corn old fashioned with a HEAVY pour of bourbon that was great, and the specialty drinks at the other bars were all pretty good.

There was a pretty good crowd there on Saturday but all of the lines moved well and it didn't feel overly crowded. The lines for a few of the houses were long and wrapped around backstage areas similar to horror nights but I don't think we waited more than 30 minutes max? Didn't feel like very many people had express pass so the lines moved consistently. We walked onto Mako twice, once around 9 then again at 12:20 or so. Around 10:30 the wait was posted around 40 minutes and the que was pretty full but earlier and later in the evening it was 10 minutes or less. It was nice just being able to decide to go to the event last minute, buy a ticket with no express pass, show up an hour after the event started and still be able to see and do everything we wanted. I was glad I got a chance to check out the event and I'm excited to see how it evolves next year. It'll be nice to have Ice Breaker open as another ride option. As much as I'd like to see Manta and Kraken open for the event it really did work pretty well just in the back half of the park so I don't expect that to change for now atleast.

• Like 4

I was also there on Saturday.  Same general thoughts.  We had a good time and enjoyed ourselves.  I went over to Mako about 11:30.  Posted at 45 min but was a walk on with empty rows.  I did a few laps and we called it a night.

Decent crowd size during the day.  We showed up around noon to catch some shows and just wander around. Park seemed to be handling things like food better than in April. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tndank said:

I was also there on Saturday.  Same general thoughts.  We had a good time and enjoyed ourselves.  I went over to Mako about 11:30.  Posted at 45 min but was a walk on with empty rows.  I did a few laps and we called it a night.

Decent crowd size during the day.  We showed up around noon to catch some shows and just wander around. Park seemed to handling things like food better than in April. 

Yeah we didn't eat in the park during the event but all of the bars and drink stands were really efficient. The Poision Grotto with the aerial dancers had a line to the door just about all night long but never took more than 10 minutes or so get a drink in there, and the same for the other themed bars. The whole night felt smoother operationally than just about any other day I've had at a park this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I was just able to book a trip for pretty cheap to visit the park for February 24th+25th. Hoping that'll be after Ice Breaker opens (though I don't expect to ride it very much due to its New Hotness status), but also hope that I didn't just lock myself into a time when any of the major coasters are down for scheduled maintenance. I cannot seem to find their scheduled closures page on either desktop or phone app, even though their FAQs say it should be somewhere on the Park Hours page. Not worried about Kraken or Manta since they'll be through that before the end of the year, but unsure about Mako. 

• 2 weeks later...

SeaWorld Orlando has announced that Ice Breaker will officially open on February 18th, 2022! 

Icebreaker-NewBanner-1900x700.thumb.jpeg.16c0154b196fda0a38e67c9c61038ef9.jpeg

https://seaworld.com/orlando/roller-coasters/ice-breaker/

THE STEEPEST BEYOND VERTICAL DROP IS JUST THE BEGINNING.

SEAWORLD’S FIRST LAUNCH COASTER | OPENING FEBRUARY 18, 2022

Named after the icy Arctic summits, Ice Breaker will feature four airtime filled launches, both backwards and forwards, culminating in a reverse launch into the steepest beyond vertical drop in Florida - a 93 feet tall spike with 100 degree angle. The thrills continue as riders fly over a near vertical tophat maneuver into a series of exciting twists, turns, and airtime hills. The brand-new coaster will be located across from Wild Arctic and opens February 18, 2022. 

IB2.jpeg

IB3.jpeg

IB4.jpeg

IB5.jpeg

IB6.jpeg

• Like 3

Great job SeaWorld! So now the only questions left to ask now are:

1. When will Iron Gwazi open? (Supposedly some time in March, but probably "Anticipated opening never")

2. Will Iron Gwazi have passholder previews? (Only if your name is Fred Grubb)

3. Did SeaWorld ever pay their bills? (Well I heard a rumor...)

Very excited for this! Despite being overshadowed by Iron Gwazi (and even Velocicoaster), it looks like the ride will have some pretty strong pops of air. And even though the quad-launch is a gimmick, I appreciate the extended ride time. Now I will finally have a reason to visit that side of the park lol

I love this park and I'm stoked for this to open, it looked really great sitting there closed and ready to go when we were there a month ago - yes I'm a little spicy about it, but in all seriousness I can't help but feel non-enthusiasts (tourists and locals alike) will just see this as a budget VelociCoaster, from the unimpressive stats to the nonexistent theming. I try not to hate for the sake of it, but with everyone still losing their minds (and rightfully so) over what is no doubt the best coaster to open anywhere in the U.S. in quite some time, I can't help but feel a little bad for SW and the reception I think this is going to get.