TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

14 minutes ago, SharkTums said:

Lots of Anticipated 2021 signs to  change!  Seriously though, this is great news and I'm happy for them!

Also, putting it out there, I tweeted about both rides this weekend and then 16 hours later we get an announcement so... =)

Can you tweet about how great it would be to have some previews during Halloscreams since this is RIGHT there in the middle of the section of the park that will be open and since Mako and the Rapids are the only rides operating lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grsupercity said:

I don't know what Seaworld ever did to Universal but they just destroy them on Twitter lmao

Although I'm looking forward to VelociCoaster, Universal has no right to be snarky about anything after opening so many lame screen-based rides over the last few years.

I'm glad the the SeaWorld parks are finally in a position to start opening their new stuff. Now if we could just get Pantheon open in Virginia . . . ;) 

• Like 3

I'm one of the few who enjoys Twitter corporate crossovers and snark, e.g. John Oliver/Cheerios or parks temporarily changing coaster names after sports matches, especially because these tend to also lean towards charity donations but it has to be something that both sides seem OK with to make it even remotely enjoyable or something like Wendy's where it's aimed at a majority of different places and not just one. Maybe I've missed some tweets but it seems like this is very one-sided, and only aimed at Sea World which just just almost makes it seem like bullying which I know is a weird way to describe something between 2 giant companies...

• Like 1

I've enjoyed some of the banter back n forth between the two companies but for me there's a fine line between playful/fun and rude/annoying. This most recent one has been fun but it's getting kind of close to being annoying.

Seems like a couple years ago Universal's feed started on the fun side then quickly turned into being very obnoxious for everything they posted.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cfc said:

The dumbest feuds are Twitter feuds. I'm simply tired of the attitude, but I guess many people find it entertaining.

Yeah Twitter is useless an annoying and I'm a degenerate internet raised millennial even! It's silly/sad (mood dependent) to see stuff like these between ya know, corporate entities BUT it works...so I get it, good for hype, good for business lol 

Personally, I'm just excited Ice Breaker (and IG) finally have opening dates. 2022 is no surprise but I was so hoping it may be later this year as I plan to visit FL. Now wondering if I should do something else, and go to FL early next year when I can do all the new rides in one swoop, but that can be figured later. Glad it's finally opening, always thought it looked pretty darn cool, and I've been wanting to get to this park for ages. If Manta and Mako are good as I hear, add IB and Kraken which was great, this park has quite a solid lineup

On 8/23/2021 at 8:40 PM, boldikus said:

To be completely fair, SWO started after Universal posted about ice breaker not opening. The "tired" joke in that one article from SWO is deserved. I've thought it since the beginning, reveling in another parks misfortune doesn't help them and if they want to pick on someone their own size take on Disney, now I'd get a kick out of that. Two giants that are doing well would be much more interesting. I'll admit I chuckled at the last tweet from Universal, but the "feud" thing works well for charities, sporting events and things like that, bullying not so much. 

On 8/13/2021 at 9:16 PM, anonymouscactus said:

I'm not making the connection that only two rides will be open like all of you. It's just what they are "featuring" as being IN THE DARK. That could just be the featuring  those two rides for the website right now, but it could also mean that I think they will turn the lights off similar to Six Flags for those two rides in particular, but I think Kraken and Manta will still run with lights on like a "normal" night.

They would get a lot of flack did not opening all the coasters. A LOT. I don't see it happening, but then again SEAS never fails to amaze me sometimes.

Starting to think I'm wrong about this and they really will only have 2 rides open... with the $ they are charging compared to BGT which has a ton of rides open for a lot cheaper.... I know completely different locations, but... damn. Guess we'll see, going opening HOS weekend, but luckily also planned for a day trip to Seaworld as well so I can do everything else. Looks like everything will be closed off before shark encounter and they are using the side entrance for entry to the park.

EDIT:

WELP I guess it's official..... I love the excitement in the response... lol

Screenshot_20210901-210653.thumb.png.2ce2abf63b9d4d030b12831a0cdfa9fe.png

Edited by anonymouscactus
Bad news bears
  • Haha 2

I think it will be a flop. I expect no lines for anything once 10p hits because everyone will be done with everything. I can't imagine going until 2am in what will likely be such an empty park. Should have made Ice Breaker a HOS exclusive. Now that would be a smart business move right there... make up for disappointing everyone with lack of rides with some new hotness.

I mean, I HOPE I'm wrong. I want it to succeed. But I just don't see it. Not trying to be a negative nancy but there is so much missed opportunity. And everyone is going to compare it to HOS in Tampa and be disappointed with lack of rides, etc, for a much higher cost.

Maybe it's because I still have Six Flags Darien Lakes fright fest stuck in my brain from a few years ago. lol.

I'll find out soon!

• Like 2

It's annoying because this event should be great if they opened the whole park (minus the midway with key west, Turtle Trek and the dolphin rehab area and Pacific Point and a few other animal areas obviously). Imagine how cool that Antarctica section would look with fog and creepy lighting and a house somewhere but... nah, screw it.

I get why they want Infinity Falls open because the ride actually has a really cool vibe at night but at the same time it's more fun to watch than it is to ride once it gets dark (or actually ever).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coasterbill said:

It's annoying because this event should be great if they opened the whole park (minus the midway with key west, Turtle Trek and the dolphin rehab area and Pacific Point and a few other animal areas obviously). Imagine how cool that Antarctica section would look with fog and creepy lighting and a house somewhere but... nah, screw it.

I get why they want Infinity Falls open because the ride actually has a really cool vibe at night but at the same time it's more fun to watch than it is to ride once it gets dark (or actually ever).

Yeah I agree, and the area around Journey and Kraken already has a cool vibe at night, just throw some fog in there and it's already a scare zone. Maybe the houses and scare zones are really good and this thing is a success but feels like a real missed opportunity.

At SeaWorld today for a few hours, have a platinum pass or whatever they are calling it now at Williamsburg so doesn't affect me too much but an fyi they are shutting down mako, xfinity falls, sesame street and the other Halloween areas at 4pm today. I know it's the first weekend but 3 hours in between the park actually closing and the event starting seems a bit excessive if they keep doing that from now on. 

Mako was still as fun as ever. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

I believe there is a media event for Howl O Scream tonight. That may not be a nightly occurrence... but it also might because, well... SeaWorld.

Very true. 

Looking forward to hearing how it goes this weekend down there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coasterbill said:

I believe there is a media event for Howl O Scream tonight. That may not be a nightly occurrence... but it also might because, well... SeaWorld.

Gotcha that makes sense. They were announcing it through out the day at least so we made sure to get some Mako rides in long before anyway. 

1 hour ago, tndank said:

Very true. 

Looking forward to hearing how it goes this weekend down there. 

I'm waiting to see reviews from tonight and tomorrow and we might go Sunday night then if they are good. Just didn't wanna be there the first night in case it's eh. 

• Like 1

Anyone make it out to Howloscream at SeaWorld last weekend? Seems like everything I read online about the event was overwhelmingly positive in general. With it being opening weekend it's hard to tell if those reviews are legitimate or maybe slightly biased for being the first weekend (especially from people at the media preview), but it looks like a pretty good time.