TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

I'd bet anything that It's going to be One Ocean without music and the trainers just talking about the whales as they perform exactly the same behaviors that they already perform. They've made subtle changes to the show already over the last few months that sort of back up that theory.

I'd bet anything that It's going to be One Ocean without music and the trainers just talking about the whales as they perform exactly the same behaviors that they already perform. They've made subtle changes to the show already over the last few months that sort of back up that theory.

That's really not too bad then if that's the case. We watched the Xmas version of the show as well when we went and it was basically the same show except some Xmas music was added in.

Seaworld just ran their first presentation of "Orca Encounter".

It's One Ocean. It's so "One Ocean" that first song is the same, slightly remixed. They added some nice educational moments that they were already phasing in, brought back interactivity and added a nice patented SeaWorld guilt trip scene at the end. Then they played music and did totally not theatrical, definitely not show-like things in this new "not-show".

Personally I'm very happy because this "not theatrical whale show" is a better theatrical whale show than the last theatrical whale show, I'm also very confused.

Edited by coasterbill

I'll probably make a trip in January sometime so I'm excited to see the new show but honestly One Ocean was so unimpressive to me after Believe that I don't really care what they end up offering. As long as they have the whales do practically anything it'll be good enough for me to stop by once a trip.

I felt like after the first song, One Ocean could sometimes lag until the splash segment. They kept the first segment and the splash segment and filled the weird, dead space in between with interesting facts about whales, husbandry behaviors and some interactive segments involving a member of the audience. I actually like this better.

There were definitely some times between those segments in One Ocean where I was sitting there wondering “WTF are they even doing right now?”

Edited by coasterbill

• 3 weeks later...

SeaWorld Orlando is attempting to keep their park rating over 700 by using their infinite money to build yet another attraction for 2021. No real confirmation as to what it is yet, but some sites and individuals are speculating that it will be a B&M wing coaster built in and around the pathway between the entrance and Bayside Stadium.

1436547405_Screenshot(15).png.c58ad6d9484db8a8cd1c339479f5cb1e.png

Public permit info

I worry that they are spending so much money on rides and not giving time to recover that money. It's giving me early 2000s six flags flashbacks. But who knows maybe they are finding ways to make more money this way. Just hope it is not another b&m SeaWorld Orlando could use more family friendly roller coasters. There big 3 b&m almost never have a line whereas the other rides always do (except wild arctic)

Whether it will play out well in the long run or not, it is still exciting to see the chain add so many new coasters lately (and in the coming future). I was barely a person when the Six Flags coaster craze of 1999/2000 was happening, so I'm glad I get to witness another similar "coaster boom"!

There big 3 b&m almost never have a line whereas the other rides always do (except wild arctic)

We can't forget B&M coasters are capacity monsters and all of theirs have 3 trains. Now, I know they don't run all three trains on all 3 of their coasters but it has the capacity to make it so you don't experience a line.

I wouldn't say they are adding a lot of coasters. Over the last 10 years, they have only added 2 coasters and overall the average between coaster additions is aprox 4 and a half years so until we start seeing Energylandia level of additions then I think we can worry lol.

I love SeaWorld and if they add a B&M Wing coaster to their existing lineup for 2021 I can almost guarantee you that I'll renew my Annual Pass. We have so much fun at that park on every trip so I'll take any excuse to go back in the future.

Also, adding an attraction in that area of the park is interesting, during the festivals SeaWorld hosts, which are pretty much year round at this point, that area is really nice but having a wing coaster in the area to interact with would really liven it up even more on a permanent basis. Pretty exciting project if it happens.

I wouldn't say they are adding a lot of coasters. Over the last 10 years, they have only added 2 coasters and overall the average between coaster additions is aprox 4 and a half years so until we start seeing Energylandia level of additions then I think we can worry lol.

We are talking about the SeaWorld chain as a whole, not specifically SWO. Or at least, that's what I was talking about.

This is unbelievable that the SeaWorld/Busch parks could all get new coasters again in 2021, but I'm certainly not complaining!

Between Busch Gardens Tampa and SeaWorld Orlando, they have most of the B&M catalog covered except for a stand-up and a wing coaster. If the wing coaster is true, it'll be a nice fit to compliment the area's other rides.

There big 3 b&m almost never have a line whereas the other rides always do (except wild arctic)

The other rides are water rides in Florida and a ride that breaks down constantly, seems to have a pretty low capacity and the entire family can ride it. You also have to ride the ride in order to see penguins. If you weren't forced to ride that thing to see the penguins then nobody would ride it ever.

I can see why the high capacity B&M coasters have shorter lines.

Edited by coasterbill

Yeah but you still have to stand in line and watch all of the pre-shows (which you may need to wait a few cycles for) and usually the posted wait time for that is close enough to the ride that people opt to just ride it. I was thinking more along the lines of Wild Arctic where you could just walk straight up the exit.

Yeah but you still have to stand in line and watch all of the pre-shows (which you may need to wait a few cycles for) and usually the posted wait time for that is close enough to the ride that people opt to just ride it.

At least all the times I've gone to see Antarctica, the wait for non-riders has been significantly less compared to that of the riders.

I don't know the actual science behind it, or if it still applies, or if it was actually true, but originally when the ride first opened we always had to make everyone go through the line and preshows for the 10 minutes or whatever to help get the moisture off of everyone as to not affect the A/C units, or freeze them up, or whatever. And in turn, the safety of the animals.

That being said, i'd be curious to see what the relative humidity is in the exhibit area and if it's really as "dry" as it supposedly needs to be. I'm guessing it wouldn't matter on any normal Florida day, but I could see maybe if everyone came in soaking wet without going through preshow making it actually matter? Employees went into the exhibit without issue, so, who knows.

The preshow rooms definitely sucks moisture out with giant units, but requiring it for guests is up in the air in my opinion if it's really just for traffic flow or if it could actually affect the exhibit or not. Or if it's one of those "better safe than sorry" things so that just kept with it. Again, I'm not an HVAC guy :-P

Take that as you will. Honestly I think it's just for traffic flow reasons to not let people through the exit, but there may be more to it.

Finally made it SeaWorld Orlando for the first time.

I really enjoyed the park: thought it was clean, well-themed, and pretty well run for a not-too-crowded-Thursday.

Good set of B&M coasters:

(1) Manta: thought it was pretty to look out, very well-themed, and probably the best flyer I have been on-- but my only comparisons on the Supermans. the Chinese one(s)? look amazing. I still maintain the pretzel loops are the most insane and possibly most intense elements I have been on, and I am always curious why they don't have a two on these longer rides - one to start and one closer to the end (I know u need more momentum/ height to make it work so it might be closer to the middle).

(2) Kraken: surprisingly fun (for me -- I'm usually not a B&M inversion fest super fan). Love the trenches -- I presume they had water in them at some point? That would have been awesome. Good snappy inversions and great, intense final tunnel dive at the end. Change the restraints and I would ride it even more.

(3) Mako: Really loved it. B&M is FINALLY getting comfortable with negative-G airtime. For me, it was a back seat ride, especially because of the first drop air and the third drop. But any seat was good. The attendants kept smashing down the lap bar unfortunately, but I really think this is the best B&M hyper I have been on (but I haven't been on Fury..... or any giga of theirs - just Raging Bull, Apollo and Nitro).

Overall, great park. And, yes Ice breaker seemed to be in the middle of nowhere, but that might be the point. As they phase out the killer whale water shows, the part of the park is ripe for expansion of rides.

I still maintain the pretzel loops are the most insane and possibly most intense elements I have been on, and I am always curious why they don't have a two on these longer rides

Because they're the most insane and possibly most intense elements.

Even for me, they're one of those "holy ffck" moments that I still can't decide if I love or hate. Put two of them on a flyer and it will be easier to choose the latter. Simply put, I think they're too intense for more than one.

B&M is FINALLY getting comfortable with negative-G airtime.

Seems like they've been comfortable with negative-G airtime for a long time. But, their preference leans a lot more toward comfortable floater air vs. Skyrush/El Toro ejector air.

The attendants kept smashing down the lap bar unfortunately.

It's the responsible thing to do.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.

I still maintain the pretzel loops are the most insane and possibly most intense elements I have been on, and I am always curious why they don't have a two on these longer rides

Because they're the most insane and possibly most intense elements.

Even for me, they're one of those "holy ffck" moments that I still can't decide if I love or hate. Put two of them on a flyer and it will be easier to choose the latter. Simply put, I think they're too intense for more than one.

Putting a fly-to-lie and inside raven turn combo right before a pretzel loop on The Flying Dinosaur is pretty much what you're describing. I've never been more breathless or shocked by forceful maneuvers than this... The coaster is absolutely amazing, but given how forceful it is, I don't know that I could ride it more than a few times in a day.