TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

^ Sorry to hear. I had a great day on Sunday with very little waits and everything was running with multiple trains despite the walk-on crowds. SWO is a great park, but that is definitely frustrating. Hope things opened up later on for you.

Frustrating indeed. By around 5 PM, Mako reopened with not too bad of a line, running 2 out of the 3 trains. Kraken stayed one train all day which was a bit aggravating. At the end of the night, lines were nonexistent, Mako stayed 2 trains, resulting in an amazing marathon session, and Manta went to one train, but a short wait, but had a few hiccups with the leg restraints not closing with the harnesses. The massive amounts of school groups made for the long lines earlier in the day, but by night, it was very enjoyable.

Here is a 10 minute YouTube video that walks you through everything from start to finish. From checking in, to fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo, to stuff you'll see. It's a good watch for someone who hasn't been before. I think it's a great overview of everything crammed into just the right amount of time.

Yo brah thanks for this video and all the tips. All booked up for next month, can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Need some help here...

Does the park have a schedule of ride closures/rehabs posted anywhere? I cant seem to find one on the official website, and we are visiting at the end of the month.

There are pictures floating around of the dolphin nursery going thru a rehab, but not a hint of it on the website. I hope it's going to be open, as it's one of my kids favorite things in the park.

Nursery was closed a few weeks ago, no mention of when it would be back open anywhere. Infinity Falls was closed for refurb but I think it might be back open now. Almost the entire kids area is closed due to the Sesame Street construction.

Edit:

------ wrong -----

A lot of stuff closed and not outlined in one spot on the website unfortunately. The other SeaWorld parks have a special page but Orlando does not.

----- wrong -------

I would call the park or rely on someone who lives close by

Edited by anonymouscactus

Nursery was closed a few weeks ago, no mention of when it would be back open anywhere. Infinity Falls was closed for refurb but I think it might be back open now. Almost the entire kids area is closed due to the Sesame Street construction. A lot of stuff closed and not outlined in one spot on the website unfortunately. The other SeaWorld parks have a special page but Orlando does not.

Seaworld does have a schedule of when rides will be down.

https://seaworld.com/orlando/rides/

At the top they state about happy harbour being closed now and at the bottom they have the schedule of rides shut down throughout the year

Nursery was closed a few weeks ago, no mention of when it would be back open anywhere. Infinity Falls was closed for refurb but I think it might be back open now. Almost the entire kids area is closed due to the Sesame Street construction. A lot of stuff closed and not outlined in one spot on the website unfortunately. The other SeaWorld parks have a special page but Orlando does not.

Seaworld does have a schedule of when rides will be down.

https://seaworld.com/orlando/rides/

At the top they state about happy harbour being closed now and at the bottom they have the schedule of rides shut down throughout the year

SeaWorld Orlando has sent us a press release announcing the Grand Opening of Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando later this month! Mark your calendars because the new land will open to guests on March 27th, 2019!

2082942043_SesameStreetatSeaWorldOrlando.thumb.jpg.4cbbfaae2bb00c64511c26ec1db5f5da.jpg

Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando

Announced today, the Grand Opening of the six acre world-class attraction, Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando, will take place on March 27. For the very first time, take a walk down Sesame Street and bring your family to the neighborhood your favorite furry friends call home. Take a stroll down Sesame Street and stop by the famous stoop at 123. Explore the inside of Hooper’s Store, then head for big fun at Big Bird’s Nest.

Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando is exactly as you imagined, and with an award-winning parade, wet and dry play areas, rides, and an interactive neighborhood, it’s more fun than you could ever dream. Come play and learn with Elmo, Cookie Monster, Abby and all of their furry friends!

Mark Pauls, President of SeaWorld Orlando Parks said, “We are thrilled to announce the opening date for this much anticipated attraction and we cannot wait to welcome guests to Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando on March 27. With over 30 new ways to play and an award-winning parade, this is an attraction that guests of all ages are going to love.”

As the iconic children’s brand celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2019, this is the perfect time to welcome Sesame Street to SeaWorld Orlando. This addition is the newest must-do experience in Orlando joining the park’s famed attractions--the roller coaster thrills of Mako, Manta and Kraken and the water fun of Infinity Falls and Journey to Atlantis. For more information, please visit: https://seaworld.com/orlando/sesame-street/

519860255_ElmosChooChooTrain.thumb.jpg.dacccc15478d5f1d24ff05aebbc0bd8d.jpg

Elmo's Choo Choo Train

203263656_FoodTrucks.thumb.jpg.ab3f45dbc6423a3063f7265a05ebc3e0.jpg

Food Trucks at Sesame Street

938219800_RubberDuckyWaterWorks-WetPlayArea.thumb.jpg.04742331aea047c1d0ec7f427c195aec.jpg

Rubber Ducky Water Works

1592031041_ElmosWindow.thumb.jpg.7f11274c942d335d43f2934479270796.jpg

Elmo's Window

Edited by jedimaster1227

Surprised to see a March open! I am really excited to see how far the theming is pushed with this new land. It is interesting that they have the opening date the exact same as Lego Movie World, which it seems would be direct competition for the demographic Sesame Street hits.

How do the crowds get at Aquatica? Does anyone recommend it? Is QQ a necessity more often than not? We're not really waterpark folks but it looks pretty nice, and since we might have some downtime and we're staying right nearby I was wondering if it was worth it to check out for maybe a few hours. Note: we're platinum passholders so cost isn't a factor. And yes, I see they have beer.

I love Aquatica and honestly think it's one of the better water parks around as far as slide selection goes. It's been a few years since I went but like most water parks the crowds can get heavy in the middle of the day but in the morning and towards the end it's usually pretty light. If you're staying nearby and have a Platinum pass I'd say its absolutely worth a few hours.

How do the crowds get at Aquatica? Does anyone recommend it? Is QQ a necessity more often than not? We're not really waterpark folks but it looks pretty nice, and since we might have some downtime and we're staying right nearby I was wondering if it was worth it to check out for maybe a few hours. Note: we're platinum passholders so cost isn't a factor. And yes, I see they have beer.

If you arrive at opening you won't have any real issues as far as crowds. I would recommend doing the dolphin plunge first, then the ray rush first. I would then move on to the drop box slides due to capacity. Every other attraction should be manageable in the first few hours.

For those of you who are more familiar with these parks than myself.... Is it possible to DO SWO and Aquatica in one day? Morning at SWO, and afternoon at Aquatica? (We aren’t big on shows, so don’t need to factor in time for those at SWO.)

I have did both in one day, however I did Aquatica in the morning and finished off the afternoon at seaworld. A lot of things don't open with the park at Seaworld so you would be waiting while, on the other hand, every slide opens at park opening at Aquatica.

I have did both in one day, however I did Aquatica in the morning and finished off the afternoon at seaworld. A lot of things don't open with the park at Seaworld so you would be waiting while, on the other hand, every slide opens at park opening at Aquatica.

Awesome! Thanks!

When I went on a cooler 70 degree day in November, the park was a ghost town. When I went last year on a 90 degree day, it got busy pretty quickly. If it's on the warmer side, I'd get there at opening. It's definitely one of the nicer water parks out there.

Because of it's location in the back, I think it may have a staggered opening. Mako doesn't even open with the park as of March of last year.

I'm sure they will have Sesame Street open when the park opens for a while. This would likely be the case with Spring break and summer (likely staggered between them on school days). I can see it being blocked off again once school starts back in the fall.

They've had staggered openings for at least 2 years for that side of the park (including Mako). There may have been some seasonal opening of it during Christmas/NYE weeks, but every time I've gone since April 2017, they have the bridge blocked and at Spice Mill. However, when Infinity Falls opened, they opened it at park open (but everything else was still closed on that side, including Mako) for a few weeks (when it would work that is...lol).

For those of you who are more familiar with these parks than myself.... Is it possible to DO SWO and Aquatica in one day? Morning at SWO, and afternoon at Aquatica? (We aren’t big on shows, so don’t need to factor in time for those at SWO.)

I would definitely do Aquatica first if you're going to be going on a weekend day or while spring break is going on (pretty much now-mid April). They are known to reach capacity pretty early, especially on weekends this time of year (they reached capacity this past Sunday). I've seen the traffic trying to get in around noon before and it was backed up over a mile on more than one occasion to get into Aquatica. I hadn't known SWO to reach capacity like that, though they do use their overflow lot on most weekends this time of year (plus there's the Seven Seas Food Festival going on weekends through May 5th).