TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

Hate to be the one to ask, but Fury developed a rattle it's first season... Do you think Mako will get a rattle before the season is over?

LOL - Do you think some of the paint will peel off after 2 weeks?

Will one of the seats get dirty after a month?

Im sorry but some questions - Really.

There must have been some tweaking going on early in the season with Fury, because I am normally a staunch B&M-hyper-hater, and I also thought Fury was without a doubt the best coaster experience of my life. There were points on the ride that legitimately felt out of control, and the airtime was phenomenal. The very same day I could have fallen asleep on Intimidator. Nothing like creeping over airtime hills at 5mph. I'm hoping that Mako's 4-across trains bring out a little bit of that new B&M intensity.

Hate to be the one to ask, but Fury developed a rattle it's first season... Do you think Mako will get a rattle before the season is over?

LOL - Do you think some of the paint will peel off after 2 weeks?

Will one of the seats get dirty after a month?

Im sorry but some questions - Really.

Uhhhh obviously paint is going to chip and seats are going to get dirty, but a rattle in its first year? That's not typical for a B&M. All the new B&M's seem to develop a rattle and I wanted some insight. So yes, really. If you were not going to give the insight I searched for, you did not have to be so sarcastic about it, but I appreciate all opinions! Thank you (: maybe I didn't elaborate. When I said rattle, I did not mean a slight vibration. I meant the train shakes against and the ride is rough. Fury can be smooth, but 70 of my rides have not been. It's not noticeable, but I pay attention to it, so maybe that's why I feel it.

Edited by theintimidator

I've been on Fury at least 100 times, it isn't butter smooth anymore. Montu and Griffon are though. It's not a rough ride by any means, but it does shake and I'm glad it does. It makes it feel more... Violent. But I'm the type that re rides all day long, so it'll get to me and it will eventually feel rough throughout the day. I just wanted to know if y'all thought Mako would do this.

It's physically impossible for a coaster to be smoother than Fury.

El Toro

No. Not even close. I love El Toro but it's not butter smooth. It's smooth but not Fury smooth.

Look, Fury may be smooth, but it will never be Mean Streak smooth.

El Toro

No. Not even close. I love El Toro but it's not butter smooth. It's smooth but not Fury smooth.

Very few coasters can ever be as smooth as Mean Streak.

El Toro

Son Of Beast says "Hi!" By far the smoothest coaster ever made!

El Toro

Sits quietly and waits for our buddy Bill to chime in that Mean Streak is perfectly fine.....as long as you sit in the front, lean forward, grab an ear with one hand, pat your head with the other, and stick out your tongue. You're the best, coasterbill, but I just don't see Mean Streak as anything but boring and bordering on bone-rattling!

Mako looks like a damn great coaster to me! Of course, I don't fall into the enthusiast camp of "everything B&M makes is forceless and lame" camp either!

Sits quietly and waits for our buddy Bill to chime in that Mean Streak is perfectly fine.....as long as you sit in the front, lean forward, grab an ear with one hand, pat your head with the other, and stick out your tongue.

Sorry Bill but

I read the original post and thought, "Actually Mean Streak is smoother than El Toro if you sit in the front and lean forward, but I won't post that because nobody will believe me and it sounds ridiculous... plus El Toro still sh*ts all over Mean Streak and is still very smooth".

You guys are on to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this may be not everyone's cup of tea but I had this in the back of my head ever since Dan of Mako Madness posted a picture on Facebook about The first 500 to sign up will be the first to ride on Mako's Preview day and also judging on what I've received in an email I've received. Would anyone be interested in going to sign up?

Here's the E-mail I received not to long ago

LIMITED PREVIEW EVENT

"Register to join the Mako Preview and be among the first to ride"

HOW: "First 500 to register inside the Pass Member Lounge May 21 or 22 at 10A.M. (no guests)"

WHEN: "Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Check in (required) 4 P.M. to 6:30 P.M.

Event is from 7:30 P.M. to 10 P.M.

I am willing to donate Gas money as My car is not going to be available on that day (family reasons).

So if anyone's available It would be great to see some fellow TPR members!

Taken from the Give Kids The World Facebook Page:

Calling all thrill-seekers! Support Give Kids The World and be among the first to experience Florida’s tallest, longest – and fastest – new roller coaster.

SeaWorld and Give Kids The World Village are auctioning off a ride on SeaWorld’s new 200-foot, 73 mph coaster.

Bidders can choose their seat depending on their desired thrill experience and ride Mako on June 8th, days before the coaster opens to the public.

All auction proceeds will benefit the Village – that’s nothing to shake a fin at.

Bid until June 3rd: http://www.32auctions.com/InauguralMakoRide ‪#‎NothingFaster‬ ‪#‎GKTWVillage

13178726_10153749740572991_4407930201550601119_n.jpg?oh=ddee283c9bae1d5a167e5bb9d1115d14&oe=57D9FAAA

As much as I would LOVE to donate (I really would!) I have no money to bid anything So that's why I am planning to sign up for the preview day on the 8th by signing up for it, on the 20th, and 21st This month. Was wondering if anyone wanted to go to sign up and spend a day at sea world.

Guys, how high is the chance of getting to ride this the 28th of may? Coming from the Netherlands and whole roadtrip is already fixed... Prob. gonna like Seaworld anyway but even more with Mako running

I wouldn't really count on it . . .