TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

It reminds me of Nitros layout at Six Flags Great Adventure. Of course there's slight differences but the initial out and back look so close to identical.

That is precisely what I was going to say, and I do really enjoy Nitro... I really like how this is turning out. Seems to be one of the more interesting B&M hyper layouts in a while. I love the curves on that over bank!

Mako does look like a very good coaster. I was at the park last week, the coaster was quite massive looking from Kraken.

Here's a video I shot from Kraken with Mako construction in the back. I like how Busch and Seaworld parks allow chest mounted GoPros on rides.

^ Thanks for sharing, John!

I guess that I never knew that Busch parks allowed Go-Pros strapped on your chest...cool idea to shoot a front row POV in order to get some good shots of Mako's construction.

Not only does watching your video get me excited for Mako, it also makes me realize how much I like Kraken and how underrated I think that this coaster is!

I did not know about the policy until a year ago. That was when I saw a bunch of kids with GoPro chest mounts go on Falcon's Fury. I was thinking that they would be stopped, but to my surprise they were allowed on. I then googled and found out about their policy. According to the policy, the chest mount has to be by GoPro and the ride op still has final say on whether you can use it. At Busch Garden's Williamsberg you have to check in with guest relations and they will give you a card that tells the ride op that your GoPro mount has been checked and cleared.

Of course no cameras are allowed at Universal, Six Flags or Cedar Fair and I will adhere to park policy. Don't want to set a bad example for us enthusiasts.

Edited by johnychen

Can we take a minute and talk about how amazing Kraken is!

I was blown away by this ride when I went last year and thought it was one of the best B&M coasters I've ever been on.

Kraken's been my favorite Orlando coaster for some time,hopefully Hulk v.2 will lose it's roughness and get back in the conversation.

Kraken's my favorite floorless, and one of my favorite B&M's. First drop provides nice little airtime in back, best zero g roll I've experienced, and it has one of the better 2nd halves of any B&M looper I've ridden.

Assuming it gives the same ride as pre-transformation, I still give Hulk the best coaster in Orlando title; though

I did not know about the policy until a year ago. That was when I saw a bunch of kids with GoPro chest mounts go on Falcon's Fury. I was thinking that they would be stopped, but to my surprise they were allowed on. I then googled and found out about their policy. According to the policy, the chest mount has to be by GoPro and the ride op still has final say on whether you can use it. At Busch Garden's Williamsberg you have to check in with guest relations and they will give you a card that tells the ride op that your GoPro mount has been checked and cleared.

Of course no cameras are allowed at Universal, Six Flags or Cedar Fair and I will adhere to park policy. Don't want to set a bad example for us enthusiasts.

At Busch Gardens Tampa, both chest and wrist mounted (not wrist straps, but actual wrist mounts) GoPros are allowed.

Mako does look like a very good coaster. I was at the park last week, the coaster was quite massive looking from Kraken.

Here's a video I shot from Kraken with Mako construction in the back. I like how Busch and Seaworld parks allow chest mounted GoPros on rides.

Very nice video! Kraken is a very fun ride, nothing mindblowing, but just a lot of fun. Have to say, there sure is a great view of Mako when cresting the lift hill.

Also have to mention that Kraken gave me a very memorable ride last year. We were riding in the front seat, and noticed that the ride felt mysteriously quiet (well, as quiet as an old-school B&M can be). We couldn't tell why though until we were stopped on the final brakes and realized there were not a single person behind us on the train, only the 3 of us in the front row.

Awesome video! Mako looks so good running along the water like that. And those colors....