TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

I love that Jack Hanna's relationship with SeaWorld has remained so strong after all of these years. I remember seeing him live in the parks growing up at SeaWorld, and I remember his pre-show videos that would play before the start of the Shamu Adventure show that ran before Believe replaced it.

He is correct... SeaWorld is important, and I'm glad that someone so respected in the community continues to recognize this.

Who knows.. Why is the bottom of apollos chariot flat? Why is the section after the helix on sros flat? It's just a part of the layout, one of many ways for them to build track that navigates from point a to point b! Its a very short little section where they couldn't have fit anything else, so if anything it will enhance the effect of the speed..

• 2 weeks later...
Crews are currently working on the hammer head turn (the one after the first drop). They're working on the descent.

Pictures by any chance??

Thats one of the nice things about the CP thread. When someone makes a comment like that, you usually get a pic. However, then some kid usually complains about people posting pictures

Thats one of the nice things about the CP thread. When someone makes a comment like that, you usually get a pic. However, then some kid usually complains about people posting pictures

--------------------------------------------------------

In case any of you don't have a Twitter, or don't have the time to go look for the photos on Twitter. . . Here are some Mako photos for you all!

(Sources are clearly in the photos.)

mako1.png.5dff1c97b80eb988339220098cc3352d.png

mako2.png.9aeacb07e8eb419c33f85838d49426bb.png

mako3.png.4d1dee751b2cb2e6c86a60d771d3d2bf.png

mako4.png.47d83b2c9ab5b28f8411319a0e6fc986.png

After looking at those photos up there ^^ and seeing ones on facebook, its very interesting to see how they are constructing Mako. I've never seen a park build the track right along one another like how they are here. Usually they go in the direction of travel, start with the brakes, into the station, then the lift, drop and so forth. I wonder why they are doing this.

mako.jpg.72f16205926a021eaeb683e011b0c1b8.jpg

^Just a wild guess, but I think that maybe it could be due to the restrictions of the construction site. As you can see in the attached picture there isn't alot of space around the ride for equipment, so maybe they want to finish everything in one area before moving on.

Oh and I just have to say one thing.... my god those colours are beautiful!!!

12509559_1684944425084502_1275115451101817261_n.jpg.e3b7ed351fa647f7fc4d8142e0524f1f.jpg

Dang that is one STEEP maneuver there.

Ever since this coaster was announced, I've been really optimistic that it will be one of the best B&M hypers out there simply because it seems to have a bit more "spunk and personality" in its layout than other hypers like Diamondback or Intimidator. Things like the short flat section at the bottom of the first drop, the speed hill before the MCBR, and the twisty finale should give the ride a better sense of variety and faster pacing. I'm looking forward to trying this one out!

. . . Things like the short flat section at the bottom of the first drop. . .

AKA: A super long, drawn out pull out, and pull up with will cause the coaster to be absolutely forceless. . .

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

I say the proof will be in the riding. We can speculate all day but the real test will be on that first ride. I myself am getting real excited for this new beast. I don't get too many opportunities to ride hyper coasters or anything bigger so this one being an hour from my house is awesome.

. . . Things like the short flat section at the bottom of the first drop. . .

AKA: A super long, drawn out pull out, and pull up with will cause the coaster to be absolutely forceless. . .

I actually don't think there's been much complaining about this coaster at all on this thread. And it actually looks like a pretty late pull out, just a bit of a flat section before the next element.

Usually they go in the direction of travel, start with the brakes, into the station, then the lift, drop and so forth. I wonder why they are doing this.

Because the return section is right next to the pond, if they did the coaster forward run, by the time they get to the return run from the hammerhead, the forward coaster run tracks will be blocking the installation of the return run, it's not like they can lift the return run track over the forwards track due to the fact it'll be too high to lift over as well as they cannot position a crane on the other side due to the pond. You can notice that they're placing the return run track before they install the forward track to the hammerhead precisely for this reason. As well I'm sure they want to install the track alongside the banks once instead of twice as they would have to if they didn't do the return run with the forward run.

^Just a wild guess, but I think that maybe it could be due to the restrictions of the construction site. As you can see in the attached picture there isn't alot of space around the ride for equipment, so maybe they want to finish everything in one area before moving on.

Oh and I just have to say one thing.... my god those colours are beautiful!!!

That does make a lot of sense.