TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

TPR posted a picture on twitter of the completed drop!

CY3RCf6WUAAXFk6.jpg:large

the fan page, Mako Madness also has some great pictures!

12494966_1683923051853306_1015744483788649700_n.jpg?oh=60c2ae599a7b60068e2b805529c4c9e7&oe=573DF91E

12548955_1683402141905397_4606601808515845775_n.jpg?oh=92a36d0c605291a171e85558765fb75d&oe=5746C038

That drop is really f'in steep! Compared to Goliath at SFOG (with the same height), it is a huge difference!

I can't wait to ride Mako. There should be a lot of airtime. I can't wait to see how the ending overbanks, and the hammer head (the first banked turn) will look like

One thing I don't get is why El Toro's drop looks larger than Mako's, despite the fact that Mako has a bigger drop.

^ El Toro's drop probably looks bigger because it has all those wooden supports holding up so with there being more "stuff" around the drop it makes it look bigger. Mako has few supports around the drop so it just looks smaller because there's not as much "stuff" around it to make it look bigger. (I hope that made sense.) It's just how our brain perceives things.

It's the shape of that drop, you'll get a nice initial pop or ejector and the parabolic second half is going to keep you off your seat the whole way down.

If what you say is gonna be true, than Mako's drop will kinda be like Skyrush's drop in reverse (I heard Skyrush's drop has floater when it starts, and ejector at the end).

B&M has been trending up since Banshee was built and I've had this thought that perhaps some younger engineers are starting to get into the mix in their company and are starting to push the limits a bit more. I mean Walter and Claude are getting pretty old, and if they want their business to continue after they're gone, they're going to have start grooming their successors. That's my random thought for the day.

B&M has been trending up since Banshee was built and I've had this thought that perhaps some younger engineers are starting to get into the mix in their company and are starting to push the limits a bit more. I mean Walter and Claude are getting pretty old, and if they want their business to continue after they're gone, they're going to have start grooming their successors. That's my random thought for the day.

Was the designer of Mako ever revealed?

Here's some photos from today where Elissa and Kristen visited SeaWorld for their "Wild Days" event!

CY2XpFtWMAA-UOb.jpg

KT is covering #WildDays @SeaWorld Orlando for us today! New this year is a scavenger hunt for kids with a prize!

CY2a4GSWkAA50ES.jpg

Journey the opossum was rescued by @BuschGardens and now lives as an ambassador @SeaWorld Orlando. Super cute! ''

CY2fznWWEAEvLNN.jpg

'Murica!! Matty is a 13 year old bald eagle. They are found in 49 US States. Guess which one you can't find them in?

CY2mbwmWwAA-ET0.jpg

Mako is changing the view inside Shamu Stadium. Getting a special viewing of Ocean Discovery.

CY2t52UWUAAnvyt.jpg

Shamu reminds you: Even with #Mako coming, this is still his park!

CY2t52TWAAAHaZP.jpg

CY2t52XWMAE32vu.jpg

CY2vzzZUQAA4NTl.jpg

Not even KT was brave (or warm) enough to sit in the soak zone! #FloridaWinter

CY218EpW8AE62Hi.jpg

CY218DsWAAEzymw.jpg

Need to refuel during #WildDays @SeaWorld? KT highly recommends the new Pretzel Kitchen!

CY246AvWkAAeH7j.jpg

KT is not tall enough for #Mako; these Flamingos sure are though!

CY28tTrWcAAqwRW.jpg

CY28tU6WMAEm82V.jpg

CY28tXbWAAENfq2.jpg

Part of #WildDays @SeaWorld include meet and greets with famous animal conservationists like @JungleJackHanna

CY3EqUPWkAADWHP.jpg

Starting the Wild Weekend Show #WildDays on a serious note with @JungleJackHanna. "@SeaWorld is important"

CY3NXPDWsAAYwUz.jpg

Hey look! They finished the first drop for Mako!

CY3OqPgWkAEpLMr.jpg

CY3OqPoWwAATeaS.jpg

CY3OqPzWMAE5NVb.jpg

CY3OqQaWYAAjYWO.jpg

Love these Mako teasers in Shark Encounter!

CY3RCf6WUAAXFk6.jpg

Kraken & Mako having fun together. Can't wait to enjoy all 3 world class B&M coasters here this summer.

CY3ZdXaWMAAtrJm.jpg

CY3ZdXcWUAAnihj.jpg

CY3ZdXdWUAAttwl.jpg

CY3ZdYcWcAAXsfo.jpg

You can catch @JungleJackHanna at #WildDays again tomorrow! Great show with fun animals. Wild Days runs the next couple of weekend at SeaWorld and you can get more information on their website: http://www.seaworld.com

I know that there are some people that think Mako will not be too exciting...but I think this will be a fun ride! There really aren't a lot of airtime coasters in Florida and I'm glad that Florida is finally getting a B&M Hypercoaster! When this was announced...I was hoping the drop was going to be a steep one. Goliath at SFOG really doesn't have that steep of a drop. I'm excited to take a back row ride on Mako when it opens to feel the ejector air on this drop! I personally think this is going to be a great turn out for SeaWorld and a fantastic ride!