TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

Mako's tallest support has been placed! It won't be too long until the coaster has been topped off.

Also did you know that the wooden planks on the walls of the seaworld rescue store were salvaged from Gwazi?

Pretty sure that wood will do a better job being a store wall than being a coaster.

Mako's tallest support has been placed! It won't be too long until the coaster has been topped off.

Also did you know that the wooden planks on the walls of the seaworld rescue store were salvaged from Gwazi?

Pretty sure that wood will do a better job being a store wall than being a coaster.

Lightning in Kuwait is probably 1.....

I'm scouring RCDB to guess the other 3.

Fury 325? Baron 1898? Oblivion the Black Hole? Family Invert in China? Parrot Coaster? Shambhala?

Yup, those are all on the list of ones I still need to get to, and some of them we'll hit next year. And honestly, I don't really have a "list" as I'm not that dorky. I just know that I haven't been on a lot of newer B&Ms because I no longer feel the need to seek them out. When I get to a part of the world that has one, I'll ride it, but I haven't gone out of my way for a new B&M since maybe SheiKra.

I still haven't been on Swarm either!

EDIT:

I've been on every B&M on pages 2-5 except for Swarm and Lightning.

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?order=-8&ot=2&co=6831&page=2

From page 1 I still need to get to (eventually...)

Shambhala

Parrot Coaster

Flug der Dämonen

Family Inverted Coaster

Fury 325

Oblivion - The Black Hole

Baron 1898

Acrobat

Harpy

To be honest, most of those, while I'm sure they are fun rides, aren't rides I'm going to make a special trip for, but I'll probably get to them eventually.

--Robb "There, I am now dorky enough to have a list!" Alvey

I am kinda shocked you haven't been on Fury 325 b/c of all its hype and Oblivion, because it is at Alton Towers, even though the ride is kinda weak.

I know many are not overly enthused about this ride, but perhaps I'm hoping against hope that B&M's 2000s trend of reigning in forces too far is slowly subsiding. Leviathan, Banshee and Fury are great coasters and there are small things about Mako's layout that make me think it has potential to exceed expectations (the relatively severe incline/decline of the first element, low hill, theming at the end to enhance sense of speed...).

I know many are not overly enthused about this ride, but perhaps I'm hoping against hope that B&M's 2000s trend of reigning in forces too far is slowly subsiding. Leviathan, Banshee and Fury are great coasters and there are small things about Mako's layout that make me think it has potential to exceed expectations (the relatively severe incline/decline of the first element, low hill, theming at the end to enhance sense of speed...).

Same.

My hope is that Mako will rag doll you during night rides in the back like Kumba.

I'm at the park now and with the new security checks the line is a good 30-45 min just to get in the park at 3pm. It will be worth it to ring in the new year though.

I was there this past Saturday and the new metal detectors were out front but were not being used. Not sure if they were in use when you went on NYE but I'm wondering if they will only use them selectively on crowded days or during peak park entry hours. We got to the park around like 11ish so maybe they were used in the morning that day not sure.

I'm at the park now and with the new security checks the line is a good 30-45 min just to get in the park at 3pm. It will be worth it to ring in the new year though.

I was there this past Saturday and the new metal detectors were out front but were not being used. Not sure if they were in use when you went on NYE but I'm wondering if they will only use them selectively on crowded days or during peak park entry hours. We got to the park around like 11ish so maybe they were used in the morning that day not sure.

They were in use NYE that's why the line was so long to get into the park. I have a feeling they will move the metal detectors closer to the turnstiles where the bag check station is if they keep them. I don't see them leaving them where they are currently with the "slow season" upon us. I think they just put them where they are to facilitate the crowd.

I'm not sure what the point of the puzzle is? Opening date reveal?

That would be my guess as well, even though construction on the rest of the ride still has a little ways to go, plus testing... Though it could be revealing some element of the ride that has not yet been released. On-ride audio was at one point rumored for Mako, so it could be something as simple as that.

On-ride audio was at one point rumored for Mako, so it could be something as simple as that.

They have a Mako preview set up in the Sharks exhibit and the video playing there has some really cool music that certainly sounds like it was produced specifically for the video for this attraction. I know nothing about that industry and how stuff like that gets produced (or how much it cost) but I wouldn't be surprised if that audio were used on the ride as well.

How have B&M's with onboard audio faired anyways? They look like they have really big seatbacks which would block a lot of the view for those sitting in back rows. And do the trains run their courses any different from those without them (more speed, more drag, can't hear the audio, etc.)?

On-ride audio was at one point rumored for Mako, so it could be something as simple as that.

They have a Mako preview set up in the Sharks exhibit and the video playing there has some really cool music that certainly sounds like it was produced specifically for the video for this attraction. I know nothing about that industry and how stuff like that gets produced (or how much it cost) but I wouldn't be surprised if that audio were used on the ride as well.

I thought on-board audio was already announced when they announced the ride.

SeaWorld almost always produces their own music for their newest attractions and shows. Antarctica and Turtle Trek have their own songs. Each shamu version and blue horizons have original music, and many other things in the park have original background music. I would say it's highly likely Mako has a song that you will hear either in the station or on the ride, or both.