TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

I heard the Sky Cabin grabbed a trainer and dragged her down to her death. I'm sure if they took better care of their animals this would never have happened. I blame the mistreatment of all the sea life at Seaworld as the primary reason the Sky Cabin broke down. If they would just release all their animals back into the wild I'm sure they would never have any problems with their rides ever! And I know what I am talking about, because I talked to someone who knew some dude that had a second cousin that he has never met that works in sanitation engineering in Orlando, that just happened to pass Seaworld while this whole thing was going down. Boycott Seaworld!

Guy "#blackfishisbiasedonesidedpropaganda" Koepp

You are my hero!

I heard the Sky Cabin grabbed a trainer and dragged her down to her death. I'm sure if they took better care of their animals this would never have happened. I blame the mistreatment of all the sea life at Seaworld as the primary reason the Sky Cabin broke down. If they would just release all their animals back into the wild I'm sure they would never have any problems with their rides ever! And I know what I am talking about, because I talked to someone who knew some dude that had a second cousin that he has never met that works in sanitation engineering in Orlando, that just happened to pass Seaworld while this whole thing was going down. Boycott Seaworld!

Guy "#blackfishisbiasedonesidedpropaganda" Koepp

You win.

Sad part is, though, the comments on Facebook about the story are really not that far off, and they're serious...

So my roommate who works there found out today some fun info about this scenario on the sky tower. They have an emergency port a potty on both levels of the cabin and they also keep some games and reading material in a closet. Also, when they got everyone down (after about 3 hours) everybody got some nice park merchandise as compensation.

Even with the heat I think it sounds kind of fun!

I have to make light of the situation, because for the most part, the human race just consistently disapoints me.

And that is sad and scary.

I was going to "Nina Kleppe" this, but then I realized there is nothing to "like" about the sad reality of what you're saying...

So my roommate who works there found out today some fun info about this scenario on the sky tower. They have an emergency port a potty on both levels of the cabin and they also keep some games and reading material in a closet. Also, when they got everyone down (after about 3 hours) everybody got some nice park merchandise as compensation.

Even with the heat I think it sounds kind of fun!

I'm not sure it would be fun if someone decided to go #2 in one of those emergency potty's...

There are only about 10 B&Ms that I haven't ridden, and comparing the inverts, Silver Bullet IS probably one of the more forceless ones out there. The entire layout up until the helix is completely floaty and graceful. There isn't anything intense about it at all. The helix just starts to get good and then BAM, the ride ends. What a shame. I think the bad rap it gets is completely justified.

Now I'm curious.

What B&Ms haven't you ridden?

Me too, I tried to work it out, not including one's still under construction, and I thought of 3 or 4 before giving up.

Lightning in Kuwait is probably 1.....

I'm scouring RCDB to guess the other 3.

Fury 325? Baron 1898? Oblivion the Black Hole? Family Invert in China? Parrot Coaster? Shambhala?

Yup, those are all on the list of ones I still need to get to, and some of them we'll hit next year. And honestly, I don't really have a "list" as I'm not that dorky. I just know that I haven't been on a lot of newer B&Ms because I no longer feel the need to seek them out. When I get to a part of the world that has one, I'll ride it, but I haven't gone out of my way for a new B&M since maybe SheiKra.

I still haven't been on Swarm either!

EDIT:

I've been on every B&M on pages 2-5 except for Swarm and Lightning.

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?order=-8&ot=2&co=6831&page=2

From page 1 I still need to get to (eventually...)

Shambhala

Parrot Coaster

Flug der Dämonen

Family Inverted Coaster

Fury 325

Oblivion - The Black Hole

Baron 1898

Acrobat

Harpy

To be honest, most of those, while I'm sure they are fun rides, aren't rides I'm going to make a special trip for, but I'll probably get to them eventually.

--Robb "There, I am now dorky enough to have a list!" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

Went to the park yesterday, the 27th and a Sunday. Park was absolutely slammed with shows in the afternoon filling up 20 minutes in advance and the entire extra parking lot full. But got a little quieter surprisingly for the Christmas shows.

Have to say again, for the 4th year running that I've been to the event SeaWorld's Christmas is once of the most magical things I've ever done and is absolutely better than the offerings from Disney or Universal. It is so freaking romantic and wonderful. Every show is cheesy and amazing.

Have to say again, for the 4th year running that I've been to the event SeaWorld's Christmas is once of the most magical things I've ever done and is absolutely better than the offerings from Disney or Universal. It is so freaking romantic and wonderful. Every show is cheesy and amazing.

I would agree, best Christmas event out of all the Orlando parks. Its very well done and they don't charge extra for it.