TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

^To you, those rides might hurt or be too intense to be enjoyable. To others like myself, there is absolutely nothing painful about El Toro (and it's airtime is extremely comfortable in my experience) or I-305 that hampers the experience. Sure, I-305 causes me to grey out. Sure, I'd love to be able to do 20 consecutive on I-305 instead of five (which I understand is still more than many can handle), but the intensity and overall fun-factor of I-305 far outweighs trading that for being able to have a conversation throughout the ride, which is easily done on most B&M hypers.

What it comes down to for me, if I could only ride one more coaster before I die, would I want something predictable and floaty, or something ridiculous that is worth the slightest bit of discomfort for a moment?

However, if you find yourself wanting to ride something floaty and "comfortable" like I described, then that's great too! Everyone has their own opinions, it just happens that most people that are into coasters enough to be on this site prefer the types of rides I do (El Toro, I-305).

^To you, those rides might hurt or be too intense to be enjoyable. To others like myself, there is absolutely nothing painful about El Toro (and it's airtime is extremely comfortable in my experience) or I-305 that hampers the experience. Sure, I-305 causes me to grey out. Sure, I'd love to be able to do 20 consecutive on I-305 instead of five (which I understand is still more than many can handle), but the intensity and overall fun-factor of I-305 far outweighs trading that for being able to have a conversation throughout the ride, which is easily done on most B&M hypers.

What it comes down to for me, if I could only ride one more coaster before I die, would I want something predictable and floaty, or something ridiculous that is worth the slightest bit of discomfort for a moment?

However, if you find yourself wanting to ride something floaty and "comfortable" like I described, then that's great too! Everyone has their own opinions, it just happens that most people that are into coasters enough to be on this site prefer the types of rides I do (El Toro, I-305).

Opinions? I didn't know such a thing existed in the coaster community.

Everyone does have a right to their opinion. That being said, I think the way a coaster should be made is have a mix of really forceful parts, and forceless parts. Coasters usually just be really forceful for the entire ride, or be forceless for the entire ride.

I'm very excited for Mako. Can't wait to the hammer head turn after the first drop is built, so that the conversation can move from how it's going to be forceful, to whether or not it's a inversion.

I will never get why enthusiasts prefer a ride that has airtime so intense, it hurts (Skyrush and El Toro), and rides with positives so intense it can be uncomfortable (I305, and Tatsu), to rides that are really comfortable, are int the middle when it comes to airtime, and positive's, and overall fun (any B&M hyper).

I don't find any of the rides you just mentioned uncomfortable at all. I think it all has to do with each individual's level of tolerance (translation: how much of a pussy they are).

There. I said it!

I find B&M hypers to be fun, but underwhelming. Intamin hypers, RMC coasters, etc, now THAT is my kind of ride. But my level of tolerance for intense rides and airtime is also very high. I'm also not a pussy when it comes to intense rides, either!

I will never get why enthusiasts prefer a ride that has airtime so intense, it hurts (Skyrush and El Toro), and rides with positives so intense it can be uncomfortable (I305, and Tatsu), to rides that are really comfortable, are int the middle when it comes to airtime, and positive's, and overall fun (any B&M hyper).

I don't find any of the rides you just mentioned uncomfortable at all. I think it all has to do with each individual's level of tolerance (translation: how much of a pussy they are).

There. I said it!

I find B&M hypers to be fun, but underwhelming. Intamin hypers, RMC coasters, etc, now THAT is my kind of ride. But my level of tolerance for intense rides and airtime is also very high. I'm also not a pussy when it comes to intense rides, either!

Your intensity tolerance is high huh? Then I dare you to ride I305 back to back, from when the park opens, to when it closes, with the only breaks being the occasional bathroom break, and a lunch break.

I can't wait to see the trains in real life for Mako. I hope they'll be heavily themed lime Dragon Challenge's trains.

There. I said it!

Your intensity tolerance is high huh? Then I dare you to ride I305 back to back, from when the park opens, to when it closes, with the only breaks being the occasional bathroom break, and a lunch break.

I can't wait to see the trains in real life for Mako. I hope they'll be heavily themed lime Dragon Challenge's trains.

Seriously? You really don't understand what "uncomfortable" means. There is no coaster in the world that is meant for people to ride for hours on end. What Robb and I are saying is that the rides you mentioned aren't uncomfortable for one, two, or even five rides in a row.

If you can ride a ride for 10 hours straight (heck, even two hours straight), not a whole lot is happening on that ride. That's not a bad thing--it's all in your tastes. For me though, is rather ride I-305 five times than most B&M hypers twenty times in a row. Roller coasters aren't supposed to be like driving a convertible with the top down.

There. I said it!

Seriously? You really don't understand what "uncomfortable" means. There is no coaster in the world that is meant for people to ride for hours on end. What Robb and I are saying is that the rides you mentioned aren't uncomfortable for one, two, or even five rides in a row.

If you can ride a ride for 10 hours straight (heck, even two hours straight), not a whole lot is happening on that ride. That's not a bad thing--it's all in your tastes. For me though, is rather ride I-305 five times than most B&M hypers twenty times in a row. Roller coasters aren't supposed to be like driving a convertible with the top down.

Dude no need to get hostile, that was a friendly joke. I get what you 2 are trying to say. No need to be rude.

I did 65 rides in a row on media day. I wouldn't have a problem marathoning that ride at all.

Edited by robbalvey

I did 65 rides in a row on media day. I wouldn't have a problem marathoning that ride at all.

I'd be out after the 4th ride.

You know it's funny, I feel like the last 2 pages aren't even related to SWO.

There are only about 10 B&Ms that I haven't ridden, and comparing the inverts, Silver Bullet IS probably one of the more forceless ones out there. The entire layout up until the helix is completely floaty and graceful. There isn't anything intense about it at all. The helix just starts to get good and then BAM, the ride ends. What a shame. I think the bad rap it gets is completely justified.

Now I'm curious.

What B&Ms haven't you ridden?

http://www.fox35orlando.com/news/local-news/59604908-story

POSTED:DEC 21 2015 02:48PM EST

UPDATED:DEC 21 2015 02:48PM EST

ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - SeaWorld Orlando confirms that its iconic Sky Tower attraction is presently stuck. While no one is in immediate danger, according to park officials, some passengers have been calling 911 to report to the incident .

SeaWorld says it is working closely with Orange County Fire Rescue to quickly and safely remove 50 park guests who are on the ride. "We are in constant communication with the guests and team members on the ride, and all passengers are safe. The safety of our guests and team members is SeaWorld's top priority," read a statement sent to FOX 35 by SeaWorld.

...Slow news day.

THIS.

Seriously... is a ride getting stuck really a top news story?? No. Think of how many get stuck all the time and never make it on the news. It's just a slow news day, and the media blowing this out of proportion.

Just giving SeaWorld haters more of a reason to hate SeaWorld. Even though we all know that this kind of thing happens at parks all the time and typically no one thinks twice.

I heard the Sky Cabin grabbed a trainer and dragged her down to her death. I'm sure if they took better care of their animals this would never have happened. I blame the mistreatment of all the sea life at Seaworld as the primary reason the Sky Cabin broke down. If they would just release all their animals back into the wild I'm sure they would never have any problems with their rides ever! And I know what I am talking about, because I talked to someone who knew some dude that had a second cousin that he has never met that works in sanitation engineering in Orlando, that just happened to pass Seaworld while this whole thing was going down. Boycott Seaworld!

Guy "#blackfishisbiasedonesidedpropaganda" Koepp

I heard the Sky Cabin grabbed a trainer and dragged her down to her death. I'm sure if they took better care of their animals this would never have happened. I blame the mistreatment of all the sea life at Seaworld as the primary reason the Sky Cabin broke down. If they would just release all their animals back into the wild I'm sure they would never have any problems with their rides ever! And I know what I am talking about, because I talked to someone who knew some dude that had a second cousin that he has never met that works in sanitation engineering in Orlando, that just happened to pass Seaworld while this whole thing was going down.

Guy "#blackfishisbiasedonesidedpropaganda" Koepp

This guy knows what he's talking about...