TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

Newer (2004 and after) B&Ms are forceless"

Nitro says hi

Tell Nitro I said "hi" back. I'm not sure what Nitro has to do with a conversation about forceful B&M coasters though... other than the fact that it's sitting next to one and shares a color scheme with it. I love Nitro but it's not forceful at all, and before someone brings up the helix go ride any Intamin or 90's B&M. Just pick one... any one will do.

Newer (2004 and after) B&Ms are forceless"

Nitro says hi

Tell Nitro I said "hi" back. I'm not sure what Nitro has to do with a conversation about forceful B&M coasters though... other than the fact that it's sitting next to one and shares a color scheme with it. I love Nitro but it's not forceful at all, and before someone brings up the helix go ride any Intamin or 90's B&M. Just pick one... any one will do.

It seems that this post was misunderstood lol. I was referring to the fact that he said pre-2004 B&M's are forceful and how Nitro is not.

^That will probably be more exciting than the ride itself...

Bashers out already - lol. A few track pieces laid and we have an excitement call out level already.

Developers, Owners, Builders and anyone else involved in these projects must shake there heads at throw away comments like this.

Hope you never get called for jury service - Guilty my lord - but I haven't had my trial yet - you probably did it.

I actually just got summoned...

Seriously, It'll be a fun ride. But I'm not expecting a top 10 ride...

If the coasters at Busch and Seaworld Florida for next year were swapped, it would make a bit more sense in my head for what each park needs. Seaworld really needs more family rides when Manta and Kraken have the shortest waits of anything in the park and neither JTA or Shamu Express is an ideal all-around family coaster. Busch has a rounded collection as it is, Cobra's Curse really solidifies that. They could really use an major indoor experience there next, the whole park shuts down in the rain.

Not complaining though! Mako should be endlessly re-rideable with the 10 minute wait times it will command and fun floater airtime and it does add more to do for the thrills and teens crowd who probably aren't enamored with shows and cute sea animals.

^^I agree that it will be a fun ride but nothing extraordinary when it comes to B&M hypers... But what SeaWorld Orlando needs right now are additions that grab potential (and repeat) guests' attention to try to draw them into the park based on the visual and thrill appeal. Universal Orlando did the exact same thing with Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit--they designed a ride that could be seen outside of the park limits and catch passerby's attention to draw them into the park.

A new coaster, particularly one with airtime (floater or otherwise) is definitely not a bad thing for Orlando... I just have to remind myself not to get too excited because this isn't an Intamin airtime machine in the making.

A new coaster, particularly one with airtime (floater or otherwise) is definitely not a bad thing for Orlando... I just have to remind myself not to get too excited because this isn't an Intamin airtime machine in the making.

I agree with this. Plus, SeaWorld already has two fairly intense coasters with inversions, Manta and Kraken. So, I think a hyper with with plenty of "floater" air is perfect for guests who want some thrills without being flipped upside-down. It will look great, too.

I was just at SeaWorld this afternoon and happy to see it so crowded (it's of course because of Winter break and the SeaWorld Christmas Celebration going on right now).

Here are three photos that I took today of Mako construction. There were people working on it today you could both hear from on the other side of the fence and there's actually a guy up on the reddish/pink lift in the first photo.

image.thumb.jpeg.0b738f833bab84d88ba30c82e20d0da4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.75f8bc286705a97da5074d5b0a09f4f7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.19a57bdffd36d4d6cddcb706bc7594f0.jpeg

^^I agree that it will be a fun ride but nothing extraordinary when it comes to B&M hypers... But what SeaWorld Orlando needs right now are additions that grab potential (and repeat) guests' attention to try to draw them into the park based on the visual and thrill appeal. Universal Orlando did the exact same thing with Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit--they designed a ride that could be seen outside of the park limits and catch passerby's attention to draw them into the park.

I agree with that. Plus, a coaster distracts from the whole stupid Blackfish thing (marketing something with animals would just keep the spotlight on them).

Hopefully fun spot can pick up the the Intamin airtime machine with a megalite!

Why does every thread have to go back to B&Ms and their forces? So tiresome.

Firstly what someone finds forceful IS subjective and it completely depends on what selection of rides they've ridden. Maybe even what other thrill activities they've done; bungee, skydiving, track racing etc.

And secondly, if people want to be scientific then I'm 100% sure I could find a site saying that a B&M post 2004 pulls more Gs than a B&M pre 2004. I would also be very skeptical of sites posting "Gs" as it depends on the weather/which train/which seat; so pretty worthless really.

I'd personally keep B&M force/force less conversations to the thread designed for it not bring it up every other page.

^I'd say the discussion keeps coming up because most would say that they can "feel" the difference between older and newer B&M's. They never stopped producing FUN rides, but it certainly feels like they got less intense. So every time a new B&M is announced, the discussion will continue.

Newer (2004 and after) B&Ms are forceless

Black Mamba says hi.

Black Mambr was not very forceful. Fun? Yes. Great theming? Yes. Forceful like the pre-2000 B&M inverts? Not at all.

I've heard from friends that BM is as forceful as nemesis. That's strange. I could imagine it's more intense than Montu, as apart from the drop, and the batwing, the ride isn't very forceful.

But a beemer that is as/more forceful than the pre 2000 beemers is Katun. I heard you grey out on the ride. Fury 325 is pretty intense too.

Sheikra hardly qualifies as a forceless coaster. The feeling after that first drop is amazing. Happy that my state of Florida has some of the more forceful B&M's out there. The pretzel loop on Manta at Sea World is one intense inversion too. I can't wait to see what a rebuilt Hulk coaster will be like when it opens in 2016.

^

I seriously hope you're joking.

Just because I am curious... But have you ever been on either SheiKra or Griffon? Because if you have been on either of them then you would know they are NOT "forceless" coasters.

Yeah actually I have. Griffon is a really fun coaster, one of my favorites actually. It definitely does have its moments, but none of those moments are anything like a 90's intense B&M.

Dive machines, by their nature (just like wing coasters), need to be spread out because of the wide trains. The drop is all floater, the Immelmann is intentionally slow, and the rest of the ride is the cherry on top. A really, really good cherry.

I'm sure I (and almost everybody except a few enthusiasts) are going to love Valravn, but there's no reason to try to make it out to be something it's entirely not and not trying to be.

I'm not saying Griffon or potentially Valravn are going to be Silver Bullet level forceless, but saying it's as intense as a ride like Batman or its neighbor down below (which epitomize 90's B&M's) is just way too much.

Silver Bullet isn't that forceless. I don't get why people hate on it so much.

I was using it as a point of comparison. I haven't had he chance to make it out to Knotts but it's accepted as one of the less intense B&M's so it at least makes my point.

And actually, I'd say the same thing for Griffon. It's not forceless by any means, but it's certainly no Batman or Raptor.

Why does every thread have to go back to B&Ms and their forces? So tiresome.

First of all, because B&Ms used to be the go-to company for OMFG HOLY CRAP rides...and then they transitioned into "well, that was fun" rides. Imagine if all of a sudden RMC started to make coasters with gentle floaty transition and floater airtime instead of what they make now. That's exactly what has happened with B&M.

IMO, B&M has never made a "bad" ride, but all their latest offerings from the last ten years are so much more conservative than the ten years before that.

Secondly, if you're tired of those conversations, why are you responding to them? Clearly some people aren't tired of discussing this topic because it keeps coming up. Feel free to not read or respond to the things you aren't interested in.

Black Mamba was not very forceful. Fun? Yes. Great theming? Yes. Forceful like the pre-2000 B&M inverts? Not at all.

I've heard from friends that BM is as forceful as nemesis.

Yeah, no. Not even close. I'm not sure how anyone could have ridden Nemesis and then rode Black Mamba and not laughed in it's face. It might be one of the more forceful rides to come out of B&M post 2004, but compared to the old school rides they did? Doesn't touch them at all.

Silver Bullet isn't that forceless. I don't get why people hate on it so much.

It's all perspective. There are only about 10 B&Ms that I haven't ridden, and comparing the inverts, Silver Bullet IS probably one of the more forceless ones out there. The entire layout up until the helix is completely floaty and graceful. There isn't anything intense about it at all. The helix just starts to get good and then BAM, the ride ends. What a shame. I think the bad rap it gets is completely justified.

Edited by robbalvey

I don't understand the whole more marketable thing. It's Orlando. No offense to Intamin but B&M is more reliable then Intamin and usually has more capacity. Is it safe? Yes but people come anyway. Tourists just see new and tallest in Orlando

My other neighbor is a PETA member.

Life must be hell for you.

I will never get why enthusiasts prefer a ride that has airtime so intense, it hurts (Skyrush and El Toro), and rides with positives so intense it can be uncomfortable (I305, and Tatsu), to rides that are really comfortable, are int the middle when it comes to airtime, and positive's, and overall fun (any B&M hyper).