TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

WOW! I CAN'T WAIT! I love the fact that SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa are making their announcements really early while it took forever for Busch Gardens Williamsburg to make theirs for Tempesto.

One thing I am curious about is the angle of the drop. They could have marketed it also as the Steepest in Orlando but I believe Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit has that one.

This is going to be an amazing ride!!

I like the curved drop over the lagoon--looks very cool.

image_11780_0.jpg

Nice color scheme, too.

I like this feature as well, I wonder if ther will be some kind of water element to splash the guest and interact with the ride like MANTA?

Nope, it says on their website. No splash or water features. This is a 100% dry ride.

Mako looks like an awesome addition to the park and gives it a nice B&M trio with Manta and Kraken. SWO will now have three of the best coasters in Orlando and just became a must visit on my next trip to Florida. I only hope that SWSD gets something like Mako in the near future. There's still not a B&M hyper in Cali and I would love to see SWSD get the first one!

I like this feature as well, I wonder if ther will be some kind of water element to splash the guest and interact with the ride like MANTA?

Nope, it says on their website. No splash or water features. This is a 100% dry ride.

Well...so is manta lol.

Looks like a very good reason to go back to SWO for something other than marine life. Won't take much to outshine the existing pair of B&Ms at the park.

I disagree with this statement. Both Kraken and Manta, particularly the former, are tough acts to follow.

Curse whoever mentioned the Morgan Hyper-lite but this will be great too

I was the one that mentioned it would be great if it was Hyper GTX..oh well it looks to be a fabulous coaster.

and don't forget Universal's NEW Water Park and the 450ft Starflyer!! it's going to be insane next year!

To be fair, you weren't the first and/or only person in this thread to mention a Hyper GT-X. Here's something from April 24, 2015, but others could have easily mentioned it before that, I'm not sure. No worries!

Since the other two SWO coasters have inversions, I'm guessing this one might not? To be honest, when I first read the info about this new coaster, my first thought was a B&M Hyper. B&M Hypers don't do much for me personally, but SWO needs to do what is in its best interest. If that's what SWO wants, then that's fine. I'm not holding my breath, but it sure would be nice to see SWO get something like a Mack or Intamin (or even long shots like a Hyper GT-X or RMC).

Looks like a very good reason to go back to SWO for something other than marine life. Won't take much to outshine the existing pair of B&Ms at the park.

I disagree with this statement. Both Kraken and Manta, particularly the former, are tough acts to follow.

Totally agree. Each is arguably the best of its type.

Everything about this coaster easily puts it in the top 3 COASTERS in Orlando, and I'm not even a huge fan of B&M hypers! I really love that the ride actually has a good chunk left after the MCBR cough*Intimidator*cough*GateKeeper*cough

Congrats to SeaWorld and I'm sure they'll make it beautiful. I hope this really helps the park out attendance wise.

Manta at SeaWorld Orlando has some of the best all-around theming I've encountered on a roller coaster. I think it's a great "total package ride". Mako looks like it could be another "total package ride" for SWO.

This feature of Mako is interesting:

Sound system: A 48,000-watt, intelligent surround-sound system envelops the realm. Sounds follow the coaster trains as they dive through and around the area … and just over guests’ heads.

I was the one that mentioned it would be great if it was Hyper GTX..oh well it looks to be a fabulous coaster.

and don't forget Universal's NEW Water Park and the 450ft Starflyer!! it's going to be insane next year!

To be fair, you weren't the first and/or only person in this thread to mention a Hyper GT-X. Here's something from April 24, 2015, but others could have easily mentioned it before that, I'm not sure. No worries!

Since the other two SWO coasters have inversions, I'm guessing this one might not? To be honest, when I first read the info about this new coaster, my first thought was a B&M Hyper. B&M Hypers don't do much for me personally, but SWO needs to do what is in its best interest. If that's what SWO wants, then that's fine. I'm not holding my breath, but it sure would be nice to see SWO get something like a Mack or Intamin (or even long shots like a Hyper GT-X or RMC).

I stand corrected, Thanks

I stand corrected, Thanks

This looks great! This will definitely get SW some positive publicity outside of Blackfish. The ending looks to be one of the best out of B&M hypers. Also, I'm loving the trains from what you can see in the concept art

Mako looks like an awesome addition to the park and gives it a nice B&M trio with Manta and Kraken. SWO will now have three of the best coasters in Orlando and just became a must visit on my next trip to Florida. I only hope that SWSD gets something like Mako in the near future. There's still not a B&M hyper in Cali and I would love to see SWSD get the first one!

I believe SWSD has a 30 foot height restriction that they had to get special permission to exceed with Skytower and Atlantis. Hence, Manta. As a kid I always wanted them to build something like Steel Eel.

Don't get your hopes up. I believe San Diego has nightmarish construction restrictions when it comes to height.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

This looks great! This will definitely get SW some positive publicity outside of Blackfish. The ending looks to be one of the best out of B&M hypers. Also, I'm loving the trains from what you can see in the concept art

I believe SWSD has a 30 foot height restriction that they had to get special permission to exceed with Skytower and Atlantis. Hence, Manta. As a kid I always wanted them to build something like Steel Eel.

I wonder how set in stone the height restrictions are? I say this because I remember reading an article a few months about a proposed 400 foot tall observation wheel for the San Diego waterfront. If the city is willing to let somebody build a 400 foot tall attraction, you would think they'd be ok with a 200 foot tall coaster. But then again, this is California we're talking about and most things there don't make any sense.

I like the curved drop over the lagoon--looks very cool.

image_11780_0.jpg

Nice color scheme, too.

I like this feature as well, I wonder if there will be some kind of water element to splash the guest and interact with the ride like MANTA?

Really?? Manta is a 100% dry ride, yet it still features its water feature.

Even Manta at Sea World San Diego has a water effect, yet is a 100% dry ride. 7276626374_7db65b3d26_z.jpg

A water effect does not necessarily mean the riders have to get wet.

Knowing Sea World, and how they theme their rides, I am 100% positive there will be a nice water feature there... and I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way.