TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

http://www.wesh.com/orlandomyway/orlando-theme-parks/seaworld-orlando-busch-gardens-tampa-lowers-ticket-prices/33129512

SeaWorld Orlando has announced lower prices on advance purchase of weekday tickets, dropping them from $75 to $70.

Although advance purchase ticket prices have dropped, general admission was raised by $2. This is also true for Fun Card passes.

There is a $1 per month increase on multi-park pass products.

Single-park annual passes for SeaWorld and Busch Gardens have not undergone a price change. Both parks still charge $13 a month, with no down payments or blackouts.

Please be an Intamin.

Seriously, I'd love to see another Intamin (as Busch seems like the best shot, at least stateside, nowadays, anyway) or a Mack. Obviously, I'm a bit partial to Intamin coasters, but I do like some variety.

^Good thought about the crane - I bet you're right. I too would like to express my excitement about tomorrows announcement!!

Also, why all the B&M hate?!?! I know they're no longer the *most* innovative but their rides are always solid and enjoyable - are we really that jaded? I for one will be happy with whatever they announce.

^I don't think I'd relegate B&M's as coasters only the "GP could love". I think maybe I'm just a big softy for B&M's... or maybe I'm just not nearly as well traveled as some of you to know any better (probably the latter). Either way - I'm stoked for tomorrows announcement!

I really like B&Ms too. And Intamins. Quite excited for the announcement. The idea of Seaworld getting the biggest coaster in the area was bit of a surprise when I first heard about it, but I'm really looking forward to hearing the announcement, plus I normally like the way Seaworld present their rides.

^Good thought about the crane - I bet you're right. I too would like to express my excitement about tomorrows announcement!!

Also, why all the B&M hate?!?! I know they're no longer the *most* innovative but their rides are always solid and enjoyable - are we really that jaded? I for one will be happy with whatever they announce.

Yes, we are jaded when it comes to B&Ms. There was a time when a B&M coaster meant a forceful coaster with a unique layout and great speed and even airtime. These days B&M delivers "safe" coasters that deliver consistently good experiences for all of the parks but coaster fans often find them underwhelming because there isn't anything new or exciting to them them when compared to how "cutting edge" they were back in the 90's.

It isn't that B&Ms are bad coasters, because they most definitely aren't. They're just safe, almost simple when compared to the balls-to-the-wall craziness that fans have come to expect from Intamin Rocky Mountain Construction these days. The general public eats up new coasters from all makers, but yes, the fans often turn their noses up to B&Ms when they are announced because they feel that there is little about a new B&M that is unique or intense.

While I'd be disappointed if it did end up a B&M, I'm still of the firm belief that a new B&M is better than nothing (or at least better than another Maurer Sohne in Orlando)... I'll ride it happily either way. And if it ended up being a B&M hyper like Goliath at La Ronde I'd frequent it often.

I can't wait for the announcement. Any new coaster is a plus for this park, especially when it is a hyper coaster! I personally do not care if it is a B&M or not. B&M makes really good... really smooth... really re-rideable coasters with high capacity, which might be just what the park is looking for. Regardless, Can't wait for tomorrow!!

From what I've noticed is that B&M's don't has hyped up from the GP after a few years. Like Maverick still has more GP fans than Gatekeeper does

...and you know this how? Just curious.

From what I've noticed is that B&M's don't has hyped up from the GP after a few years. Like Maverick still has more GP fans than Gatekeeper does

Maverick's capacity is far lower than GateKeeper, which is an absolute people-eater. While it may be possible that most people like Maverick better, there's no real evidence for that, and lines aren't a good way to measure that.

I don't see the problem with a B&M. Manta is awesome and Kraken's pretty good too. At least Orlando's getting a new coaster.

I don't mean by line length. I mean that when people talk about the park they always talk about how much they love maverick or one of the other intamins (TTD and Millennium are more because of height though) or sometimes raptor but they almost never get excited by Gatekeeper. They still love the ride and go on it but that's more because its there and with a shorter line.

Maverick by far gets the most love out of the GP as far as CP is concerned, but I'd venture to say Gatekeeper gets about as much love as Millennium or any of the park's other big coasters (besides maybe TTD). People like it.

I like B&M, but I don't LOVE B&M. They make very aesthetically pleasing coasters that offer very smooth rides. If I want something big that won't give me a headache, something like Diamondback or Gakekeeper is definitely on my radar. The new ones aren't forceful, but they are very graceful. You just have go in with the right attitude when riding. That being said, I'd take forceful over graceful any day. I just think it's important to recognize that it's a different type of experience. Apples and Oranges, as they say.

That being said I hope SWO doesn't get a B&M hyper. They're all over the place these days. Sure, there isn't one in Florida yet, but there is one very close in Atlanta. No matter where you are, you don't have to go very far to ride one (on the East side of the Mississippi at least). Even if it is B&M, though, at least I can trust Seaworld to make it look awesome.

inb4 this is the worlds first, 200 FOOT LARSON RING OF FIRE, MAKO: CHAOS COASTER! Woo!!!

Also, smart of SeaWorld to upload a 13 minute video regarding the care of their animals before all the media attention of their new coaster.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Yes, we are jaded when it comes to B&Ms. There was a time when a B&M coaster meant a forceful coaster with a unique layout and great speed and even airtime. These days B&M delivers "safe" coasters that deliver consistently good experiences for all of the parks but coaster fans often find them underwhelming because there isn't anything new or exciting to them them when compared to how "cutting edge" they were back in the 90's.

It isn't that B&Ms are bad coasters, because they most definitely aren't. They're just safe, almost simple when compared to the balls-to-the-wall craziness that fans have come to expect from Intamin Rocky Mountain Construction these days. The general public eats up new coasters from all makers, but yes, the fans often turn their noses up to B&Ms when they are announced because they feel that there is little about a new B&M that is unique or intense.

While I'd be disappointed if it did end up a B&M, I'm still of the firm belief that a new B&M is better than nothing (or at least better than another Maurer Sohne in Orlando)... I'll ride it happily either way. And if it ended up being a B&M hyper like Goliath at La Ronde I'd frequent it often.

I agree with everything you say but I believe B&M is going back to what made them popular with enthusiast. Fury 325 was a huge surprise to me. It was fast, felt out of control, and the airtime it did have is the best they've created, by far.

I'm definitely an Intamin fanboy, but a Goliath clone from SFOG or La Ronde would be awesome. I just want the airtime moments from Fury times 10.