TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

• 2 weeks later...

SeaWorld Orlando is offering Buy One Get One free annual passes to SeaWorld and Aquatica online today only as part of their Blue Friday promotion. It's a great deal if you live in the area or know you will be visiting in the next year.

Here is the link....

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/book-online/tickets/blue-friday-2014/florida-market/?utm_source=Silverpop&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=00434379.2014.SWF.BlueFriday.Email3.FLRES.&utm_content=DIGITAL&spMailingID=7317099&spUserID=ODUzMzY5MTQzOTES1&spJobID=580058227&spReportId=NTgwMDU4MjI3S0

SeaWorld Orlando is offering Buy One Get One free annual passes to SeaWorld and Aquatica online today only as part of their Blue Friday promotion. It's a great deal if you live in the area or know you will be visiting in the next year.

Here is the link....

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/book-online/tickets/blue-friday-2014/florida-market/?utm_source=Silverpop&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=00434379.2014.SWF.BlueFriday.Email3.FLRES.&utm_content=DIGITAL&spMailingID=7317099&spUserID=ODUzMzY5MTQzOTES1&spJobID=580058227&spReportId=NTgwMDU4MjI3S0

Wow, $180 for 2 AP to SWO and Aquatica, that's a really good deal!

Tonight we went and checked out this year's SeaWorld Christmas Event! Here's some photos...

B4Hq0h9IcAAqYHv.jpg:large

Just got to SeaWorld Orlando for their Christmas event!

B4HuQBcCIAAnfA3.jpg:large

Kristen got to be a puppeteer with the characters in their Christmas show!

B4Hv1gRIgAADhUi.jpg:large

Getting a little personal with the donkey!

B4HweI0IIAA218C.jpg:large

"What did you do to my friend the goat, little girl?"

B4H1V62IYAAWqFm.jpg:large

Yes! Awesome silly photo op!

B4H9XNDIMAEOyCp.jpg:large

Spotted Santa at SeaWorld Orlando... Guy looks sorta familiar though... Hmm..

B4IFKzIIcAADiW9.jpg:large

Just some of the many things you can do during SeaWorld's Christmas event.

B4IKYtzIQAEbHgF.jpg:large

Next up ... Elmo's Christmas Wish!

B4IJrd5IYAEdFNr.jpg:large

What a great idea! Love this!!!

B4IL37zIQAA-nje.jpg:large

The Pets Ahoy stage is converted to Sesame Street in the evening.

B4IOVqSIcAEwgbm.jpg:large

The Sesame Street characters we know & love in the Christmas show!

B4IQZ7eIQAEoY6l.jpg:large

SPOILER ALERT! The Sesame Street characters all get their Christmas Wish!

seaworld1.thumb.jpg.b3aa14538c7603a5701fd891dafc9ca8.jpg

Kristen got to meet some Sesame Street friends!

seaworld2.thumb.jpg.118b1c678b1503b8f24184d008517332.jpg

And I got a selfie with the one and only...COOKIE MONSTER!

B4IV_NoIgAExyaW.jpg:large

hecking out the "Sea of Trees."

[vine]

[/vine]

B4Ia4DbIUAAH1PN.jpg:large

Our favorite part of SeaWorld Orlando? Shamu!

B4IdgtuIcAESvsY.jpg:large

The Polar Express ride returns to SeaWorld Orlando.

B4IfyIHIcAAUt2g.jpg:large

Hanging out with the Dolphins SeaWorld Orlando!

B4Ii2k8IgAEsxHu.jpg:large

The model trains set up for Christmas was super cool!

B4ImO-6IgAAnewr.jpg:large

Plenty of SeaWorld Christmasy things to buy...

B4In7ItCAAAyURT.jpg:large

SeaWorld Monopoly! Love this!

B4Ir-jtCYAAxlyJ.jpg:large

Everywhere you turn around there are Christmas decorations everywhere!

B4Iud5QCQAA78NY.jpg:large

Had a great night at SeaWorld Christmas! Planning on visiting this event more during the holidays!

Nice pictures, looks like a great event!

Does the SeaWorld Monopoly come with a card that says "There are protesters outside your park, the public are ignorantly buying it, attendance is dropping" and you loose money??

^I think the card you mentioned replaces the "Go to Jail" card in the original game.

They were selling the SeaWorld Monopoly game at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, too. Looks like another great Christmas event for the Orlando parks.

Sea World never dissapoints at Christmas time. We love the sea of trees show and my son can't get enough of The Polar Express. This park has been a long time favorite of mine since the 1980's and I never grow tired of it. I pray for a properous year ahead for Sea World and her sister parks. May the Blackfish folks and supporters disappear like a fart in the wind.

Has anyone heard about this idiot who is tryting to sue Sea World over pass renewal? He said he knew nothing about passes automatically renewing unless you tell them not to and he was charged $35 a month when it renewed. I knew when I got my pass that it renews unless you halt it. He wants to sue for 5 million dollars. Tell me this isn't some nut trying to get rich off the parks. I think he was an idiot for not reading the fine print when buying a pass.

Has anyone heard about this idiot who is tryting to sue Sea World over pass renewal? He said he knew nothing about passes automatically renewing unless you tell them not to and he was charged $35 a month when it renewed. I knew when I got my pass that it renews unless you halt it. He wants to sue for 5 million dollars. Tell me this isn't some nut trying to get rich off the parks. I think he was an idiot for not reading the fine print when buying a pass.

Yea, pretty ridiculous. I doubt it will fly, but who really knows. I know plenty of people that hope SeaWorld keeps their policy, as a friend of mine is still paying $9 a month for his pass (I think it may be the Platinum Pass, that's how old it is!). Regardless, it's in the contract, and I believe explicitly stated when you do use the monthly payment program...

As for me, I just bought 2 passes when they were BOGO, so no problem with the monthly payment program haha. I just hope they do the deal next year as well!

I looked over the Ezpay description on their site and it does clearly state that the plan will renew automatically unless the customer stops payments. So I think this will not get far since it is stated on the website. I can't believe this guy was going to sue for $5 million. That alone smells of a greedy knucklehead to me.

I looked over the Ezpay description on their site and it does clearly state that the plan will renew automatically unless the customer stops payments. So I think this will not get far since it is stated on the website. I can't believe this guy was going to sue for $5 million. That alone smells of a greedy knucklehead to me.

He wasn't suing for $5M for himself, but rather a Class-Action suit for all SeaWorld AP's...

SeaWorld CEO stepping aside as company announces layoffs

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-seaworld-ceo-20141211-story.html

Jim Atchison is stepping down as chief executive officer of SeaWorld Entertainment.

Effective Jan. 15, Chairman David F. D'Alessandro will serve as the Company's interim CEO until the board selects a replacement. Atchison will become vice chairman of the board.

A SeaWorld spokesman would not say whether Atchison's decision was voluntary.

SeaWorld also announced today a restructuring program across its entire 11-park enterprise "that will result in the loss of some positions." The company would not provide details.

The company's stock has declined amid disappointing financial results and bad publicity over its captive killer whales.

Tough to see Jim Atchison step down (or forced to resign). He is a great person, but I bet he was under a lot of pressure to improve the company stock. With the bullsh*t Blackfish documentary and falling attendance and revenue, I believe shareholders had enough and want more $$$ on returns. Company issues are the low cash flow, debt management and other risk factors. Saving $50 million in costs for 2015 may be a stretch, but some jobs may suffer across the parks (management).

*side note: investors are not going to be happy on his outgoing 'Golden Parachute' $$.

I worked for the company a long time (since high school) and miss the days when the Busch family ran the parks. It's sad to see how everything has transpired now and how Blackstone put an IPO for the chain. I understand why they had done it, but many investors felt that the park brand was not going to do well on the stock market (even before the Blackfish documentary).

Hopefully brighter days come for the park chain, but I have an uneasy feeling that things may get worse before it turns around. I wonder if this will change any plans for the park(s) in the works over seas.

What I wrote a few pages back is still my thoughts. They REALLY need to start telling the world about their PARKS again instead of constantly trying to do damage control over Blackfish. Hundreds of tweets about rescuing animals isn't going to get people to visit their parks, IMO. Tell them about the awesome rides, shows, and seasonal events going on at the theme park. Get them excited to come visit. Tell them WHY they should come and have a great time!

I don't know about the rest of you, but to me it really seems like the biggest mistake SeaWorld is making lately is how much they are promoting their rescue, care and conservation for their animals and orcas.

Look, SeaWorld, we get it...Blackfish was a load of crap and anyone who isn't a pro-peta activist knows this. We realize this was a huge upset and people are making claims that aren't true, and you guys are fully in the right to defend yourself. We support that. But you guys are a THEME PARK and you need to start acting like one again! Instead of constantly tweeting about your new orca habitats coming in 2018 or whenever, how about tweeting about how awesome your Manta roller coaster is? Or how much fun your dolphin show is? Or how cool it is to hang out with your family at your theme parks?

If you look at SeaWorld's Twitter feed over the last few months, you would have NO IDEA AT ALL that they were a theme park, and instead you'd think they are some sort of animal conservation group, and that's ALL they are. I feel like SeaWorld has completely lost touch with the fact that they are a theme park and their recent message totally reflects this.

Remember "Sea of Surprises?" Yeah, neither do we! This was supposed to be their huge 2014 promotion. When was the last time they promoted it?

Look, I love SeaWorld and I 100% stand by them. But they need to remember what they are and get back to those roots. Quickly!