TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

For once, I applaud the Academy. Without a nomination, the movie will not have the impact it would have. People will forget it faster this way.

yep. . really pleased that they overlooked it.

and I was correct in 3 of the five that DID get noms (THRILLED that "20 Feet from Stardom" got the "entertainment" Doc spot over B-fish)

Bert- off topic completely, but because of your post yesterday I watched 3 of those docs. (half of them aren't on netflix yet)... Just wanted to say thank you for that.. Enjoyed them except for the "act of killing".. Couldn't get into it.. So thanks again for that post of possible nominees. Made for some great movie watching lat night.

Bert- off topic completely, but because of your post yesterday I watched 3 of those docs. (half of them aren't on netflix yet)... Just wanted to say thank you for that.. Enjoyed them except for the "act of killing".. Couldn't get into it.. So thanks again for that post of possible nominees. Made for some great movie watching lat night.

you are very welcome.

that truly *was* the Oscar short list.

if you haven't seen "20 feet from stardom". . it's an AWESOME doc about the backup singers for major stars, it's incredible (if you hadn't guessed by my gushing over it).

and if you have seen it, and liked it, go see "Standing in the Shadows of Motown" -- an incredible documentary about the Motown session players who did the music for most of Motown's biggest hits/stars.

oh, and to keep this on topic, we are going to buy Season Passes to SeaWorld San Antonio this season to show our support for the parks (first time we've ever done a Sea World pass)

I really hope Sea World as a whole benefits from all this "negative publicity"... It makes those who can actual read through the B.S. want to go out and visit these parks, spend money and support them. So hopefully, there are MANY more of us than those who are ignorant to life, and Sea World has a fantastic 2014!

When I visit those parks, I always am impressed at the bond between these animals and their trainers... I really hope one day they can actually interact with the orcas again in the water. These trainers know the risk, much like any other animal... Big or small.

Kudos to Sea World all around... I hope all those so against them open their eyes one day.

megametal wrote:

For once, I applaud the Academy. Without a nomination, the movie will not have the impact it would have. People will forget it faster this way.

yep. . really pleased that they overlooked it.

and I was correct in 3 of the five that DID get noms (THRILLED that "20 Feet from Stardom" got the "entertainment" Doc spot over B-fish)

Totally agree on both points - some great docs, well deserving of their nominations - "20 Feet From Stardom" is a great movie.

Glad to see these choices over an editorial film that is being refuted and disputed by people deceived by the director.

So I finally heard the good news!

Blackfish didn't get the nomination! HOORAY! At least some people have their senses left....

It's really sad though that SeaWorld had to deal with sh*t activists, books, documentaries, protests, and PETA all at once.

*Sigh* Some people will never learn though...... but who cares now, because Blackfish was a failure!!!

PARTY AT MY HOUSE!!! (jk)

You guys should check out Busch garden Tampas facebook page right now. All the blackfish cult people are on there knocking bush gardens. I guess the beach boys backed out of doing a concert there.

Oh no! Not the Beach Boys! Not in the amazing concert venue that is Busch Gardens Tampa!

Lol, Matt.

Anyway, for SWO, I'm still thinking they'll add a good-sized hypercoaster to bring more guests in.

I think it should be a B&M, but we'll see what SWO has in store.

Thoughts?

I also think it should be in the south end of the park, around Bayside Stadium. That area needs some attention!

I love B&M.

The ride does not have to have crazy wild forces to be fun.

Couldn't agree more!

so. . just got around to watching last Sunday's "Family Guy" (a show that we love, but Sunday's in particular, called "Grimm Job" was absolutely full of gay/homophobic jokes, and sex jokes).

but at one point (During the Jack and Beanstalk segment), Jack (Peter) tries to convince his wife (Lois) that he got a good deal by selling the cow for Magic Beans.

his method? the band Heart singing "These Beans" and "What About Beans"

I said to my partner, that sounds like Ann Wilson singing! But certainly no. They pulled out of Sea World summer nights due to ethics concerns. It would be HUGELY hypocritical for her to be voicing a character in "Family Guy" -- considering how often Misogynistic/Homophobic/and just plain offensive the show often is!

but there it was, right in the end credits (and confirmed by IMDB):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3422494/?ref_=nm_flmg_slf_1

Ann and Nancy Wilson (Heart) will boycott Sea World, but will lend their voices to "Family Guy".

Hypocrites.

so. . just got around to watching last Sunday's "Family Guy" (a show that we love, but Sunday's in particular, called "Grimm Job" was absolutely full of gay/homophobic jokes, and sex jokes).

but at one point (During the Jack and Beanstalk segment), Jack (Peter) tries to convince his wife (Lois) that he got a good deal by selling the cow for Magic Beans.

his method? the band Heart singing "These Beans" and "What About Beans"

I said to my partner, that sounds like Ann Wilson singing! But certainly no. They pulled out of Sea World summer nights due to ethics concerns. It would be HUGELY hypocritical for her to be voicing a character in "Family Guy" -- considering how often Misogynistic/Homophobic/and just plain offensive the show often is!

but there it was, right in the end credits (and confirmed by IMDB):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3422494/?ref_=nm_flmg_slf_1

Ann and Nancy Wilson (Heart) will boycott Sea World, but will lend their voices to "Family Guy".

Hypocrites.

True Dat. We have already discussed how the canceling has brought more attention to the bands than actually playing. There are more reasons the bands cancelled. You would be naive to believe that many of them actually give a rats ass about SeaWorld, animals, etc. Most were bombarded and heavy pressured by radical groups that threatened the bands future bottom line $$. It made financial sense to pull out, rather than risk future boycotts of these bands products that already have low sales numbers.