TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

Today I attended the first day of SeaWorld Orlando's "Wild Days" event that is focusing on educating their guests on the rescue and rehabilitation facilities and efforts of SeaWorld. I'll get into a bit more of this below, but I'd like to start this off with a rant, because I'm just so frustrated with everything I've been seeing and reading over the past few months, and I feel this needs to be said...

Start Rant...

You know, it's interesting, I've now had to delete probably 200 comments and ban about 75 people from our Facebook page due to *insane* rantings from people about Blackfish.

FACT! You can't just sit in front of your TV, stream a 90 minute movie off Netflix, and then all of a sudden become an expert on something that people spend their LIVES dedicated to, learning about, and educating others.

So many of these Blackfish followers simply ignore any of the recent commentary that has been published about the film: the trainers that were misled by what the movie was going to be about, commentary that was not included because it wouldn't contribute to the one-sided "story" they were trying to tell, and how the director asked the trainers not to talk about the movie until "after the Oscar awards season."

And today, many people have ignored what I think is a HUGE deal and speaks volumes... and that is that Jack Hanna got up in front of a crowded theater at SeaWorld, with Dawn's parents in the audience (the trainer that was killed by the Ocra which was the main subject of Blackfish) and openly talked about her death.

Jack said:

"Dawn who lost her life here is a friend of mine. I did her memorial service. Her family is here today in the audience. They came to visit SeaWorld because they LOVE SeaWorld. Dawn loves SeaWorld. Her life was SeaWorld. The whales were her life. And things happen in life. She dedicated her life to what she believed in. It would really mean a lot to me if we could give a round of applause for that family, and for what they have done and for what SeaWorld has done over the last 40 years. Thank you."

The family was at the park celebrating her life-time dedication to marine animals, their support for the park and what they do, and it's all being discussed by a man who has also spent a lifetime dedicated to animals and is an expert in the field.

Yet the Blackfish people want to ignore all of that and instead take the word of some Hollywood woman who pieced together a version of a "story" based on a subject matter she knew little about before working on the film that would make her a lot of money and possibly get her a career-changing award.

It amazes me how humanity is unable to see the true agenda behind Blackfish and buy into what the filmmaker says just because she's "on television."

Have we really not advanced at all as a society?

It's just embarrassing.

/end rant

Wild Days takes place over three weekends in January and it's a way for guests to better connect with animals and the world they share. The event includes interactive shows and up-close animal encounters with the leaders of SeaWorld's animal rescue and rehabilitation facility. SeaWorld has rescued and released more than 22,000 animals and over these three weekends they will share some of these stories with their guests.

Jan 11-12 is "Jack Hanna Weekend" with a show specially for the event where he will share is connection to the wildlife. Jan 18-19 is Sea Rescue weekend where many members of the rescue team will share their stories that are also featured on the TV show of the same name. Jan 25-26 is "Penguin Lovers" weekend where SeaWorld Animal Ambassador Julie Scardina shares her stories about the parks commitment to animals and wildlife conservation.

Here's some photos from today's Jack Hanna weekend day...

seaworld_01.jpg.5b4f28ff314d25049d925147f61aac38.jpg

Today we hung out at SeaWorld for the kick off of their "Wild Days Weekends!" During Wild Days families can enjoy three weekends of interactive shows and up-close animal encounters and meet the leaders in the world of animal rescue and rehabilitation, celebrate penguins and immerse themselves in what they love about SeaWorld.

seaworld_02.thumb.jpg.0cd35b64e839c8e259277bf73e75e486.jpg

Our tour began in the rescue and rehabilitation area. We got to check out some of the rescued sea turtles.

seaworld_03.jpg.b706def44f2d259637d57fea26fcff70.jpg

They are currently nursing several sea turtles back to good health before they are released back into the oceans.

seaworld_04.jpg.a10da2023a590ef9acd4c0cf23a4bf0f.jpg

In these pools, they can closely monitor each animal and give them the special attention each one needs.

seaworld_05.jpg.c40869447275fcb678499e1976f83ad8.jpg

Since each sea turtle has a different reason why they are here, they are kept separate so they can be cared for individually.

seaworld_06.jpg.472ecb7d6df7e3908e3d728213993121.jpg

This is some of the equipment used to bring larger animals out of the water and back to the rescue facility.

seaworld_07.thumb.jpg.addfb34ecb9177b33b70da2ef53383b4.jpg

A safe and secure transport vehicle is very important!

seaworld_08.jpg.d7b0349fc3d1a88888aedcc0eaa4055c.jpg

Here you can see some of the manatees in their pool. This manatee, for example, was struck by a boat (see the propeller marks on it's back) and was rescued by SeaWorld Orlando. It had broken ribs, could barely breath, and will be brought back to good health before it is released.

seaworld_09.jpg.66aa15953b8861fbd2672e91d0cbc173.jpg

Several dolphins are here as well being nursed back to good health.

seaworld_10.jpg.87ced47d9dcb729d7e260d2ef3b9f6d6.jpg

Once they have been brought back to good health, they will be released back into the ocean.

seaworld_11.thumb.jpg.a92fd88863cf8ca5dec2221ef01fb178.jpg

The goal of SeaWorld's animal rescue operation is "rescue, rehabilitate, and return." - John Peterson

seaworld_12.jpg.b20ac632617cb93c78dbeb9dbac3f63d.jpg

Baby manatees at the SeaWorld rescue facility being raised to good health before they can be released.

seaworld_13.jpg.126a4c7f84f06fb835ec506c1f00d378.jpg

About to see Blue Horizons with an intro about the care of their pilot whales.

seaworld_14.jpg.491e215ab9aaddf2058dd05cec378e5f.jpg

The US government chose SeaWorld as a home to these rescued pilot whales based on their animal care facilities.

seaworld_15.jpg.86dcea5b72a1e760a695559ad180b2b1.jpg

Trainers at SeaWorld working with stranded pilot whales that the US government chose to house at the park.

seaworld_16.thumb.jpg.14b5ab4bb014c9115ea9ac0a7437add7.jpg

Shows at SeaWorld are amazing. They educate, entertain & expose people to animals they normally would never see.

seaworld_17.thumb.jpg.080b3e323cac6a5ec66a2c5858c121e3.jpg

Some aerial acrobat fun at SeaWorld Orlando's Blue Horizon show.

[vine]
[/vine]

seaworld_18.jpg.c594301d3a7d0f53b739b7d5c377b7a3.jpg

That's a ride I want to go on!

[vine]
[/vine]

seaworld_19.thumb.jpg.b1c53e2980bc52e1aaedbad675276eee.jpg

KidTums loves hanging out with the dolphins!

seaworld_20.thumb.jpg.1d99fa897705dddfeeb4f9b39a648e15.jpg

Jack Hanna: "Dawn, who lost her life working with the Orcas... Her family is here at the show today. The whales were her life. And things in life happen. Let's give a round of applause for her, her family, and the rescue efforts of SeaWorld." it was amazing to see the family of the employee was at the show today to celebrate her dedication to the animals and to show their support for SeaWorld.

seaworld_21.jpg.394122ac2ab49db1bdaec4314ff679cd.jpg

Jack Hanna had is usually collection of awesome animals!

seaworld_22.jpg.29a56a3273ef593576bdd0a6dad5e311.jpg

"The Bald Eagle would be extinct today if it wasn't for the efforts of parks like SeaWorld that are dedicated to rescuing and helping animals." - Jack Hanna

seaworld_23.thumb.jpg.f3efd31af349e0af8e0090b27efefcdb.jpg

"Thank you SeaWorld for making a difference. Educating the world about animals." -Jack Hanna

seaworld_24.thumb.jpg.6eefd55b1f4288c1319031bb74997664.jpg

Shamu Up Close offers a unique experience to get closer to Orcas at SeaWorld while the theater undergoes renovation.

seaworld_25.jpg.58f84e6951708943d7bffae4d7cf411d.jpg

I actually REALLY LIKED this demonstration and kind of wish it could continue on!

seaworld_26.jpg.ad0b77447cfba0ec2e04f42d70952d19.jpg

It was a 15-minute continuous show that you could come and go as you please. The trainers talked about the animals and the programs that SeaWorld has.

seaworld_27.jpg.ddb39513cc566addf6d135bf7c36db7f.jpg

And then you got to see them jump around!

seaworld_28.jpg.32fda2f78894cecd3deb97d2e6bcbbb8.jpg

They are absolutely amazing!

seaworld_29.jpg.b0c3f2d2954da41f2bff5f12eb9b14c0.jpg

There's Shamu....just hanging out on his back!

seaworld_30.jpg.a24440637ac84fc330adfd26050a73ea.jpg

These creatures also jump around in the wild. Many people say they are just making them to "tricks", but that's not true. They are just doing things they would normally do in the wild anyway.

seaworld_31.jpg.fc19e3ad2a25caeeedafb024a3e5b3dc.jpg

The underwater viewing area was fantastic! I love this part of the Shamu Stadium.

seaworld_32.jpg.98581999780a7e292e5e4bb4a8535a37.jpg

It's impressive and it makes you realize just how MASSIVE the tanks are they keep these animals in.

[vine]
[/vine]

seaworld_33.jpg.5215ea456e119ffce99e38467a5f537d.jpg

Shamu came by to wave hello to everyone! =)

seaworld_34.thumb.jpg.5dd89049a6ccbde5fce24b4f84c56f52.jpg

KidTums had a great time with the different games they had set up around the park to help teach children how to be an "everyday hero" when it comes to animals.

seaworld_35.jpg.946f48045a0894158e41bfe3d71b3504.jpg

And on our way out, KidTums saw the "Attractions Magazine" car and went "That car is AWESOME!" and wanted a picture with it! lol (How's it going, Matt?)

Please check out the Wild Days Weekends at SeaWorld. It's important to spread the word of the GOOD the park is doing. And please feel free to post this update to any blog or social media network you interact with.

Thank you!

1707884430_RealBroken_huge.jpg.2041abc067374eae02f15aecfe5b6a43.jpg

Broken_[R]_(Real).nlpack

1401285368_RealTheMissile.jpg.06a42a0879ee7b0859a45274e9c021e8.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Looked like a wonderful event. I'm hoping to see this as a repeating event (annual/semi-annual) rather than what *some* people could assume is a one-time affair to try and save face in light of recent press.

Hopefully this gains even a tiny fraction of some attention.

Looked like a wonderful event. I'm hoping to see this as a repeating event (annual/semi-annual) rather than what *some* people could assume is a one-time affair to try and save face in light of recent press.

I hope so. What's sad is that SeaWorld shouldn't *have* to save face or present what they do. I feel like it's almost a waste of their time to have to remind people "Hey guys, we do a lot of AWESOME things for animals!"

But unfortunately, this is what humanity has come to.

The credibility of the people on Facebook is astounding. Here is a great example:

Craig said: "You are delusional if you think for a moment that intelligent people will believe your propaganda just because you put out a paid advertisement on Facebook . It's disturbing to think that people still need to watch trained animals to be entertained. I dislike your tactics."

My reply: "Ummm....correct me if I'm wrong Robb, but I don't think Theme Park Review was paid at all to put this up. Theme Park Review does not endorse theme parks or even get paid by theme parks (I bet Robb and family even paid admission to the park for the event). The folks at Theme Park Review are dedicated to providing the most honest reviews of theme parks. And based on the pictures posted at , Theme Park Review has found evidence that SeaWorld is doing their part to not only entertain guests, but also to rehabilitate marine animals. I think the most important thing that SeaWorld is doing is educating the general public about marine life and how to save the creatures of the ocean. I and Theme Park Review support SeaWorld in everything they do to help these creatures that probably would not have had a chance in open waters."

I rest my case.

^ People are INSANE. They will just post stuff like "F**K SEAWORLD!!!!" and in their minds this is acceptable. You have never once seen us say anything like that towards the film or any of the people involved. All of our posts are thought-out, constructive, and educated.

These people honestly believe that because they watched a 90 minute movie they now know MORE than people who have made animal care their life's work.

And to me, that's is just INSANE.

--Robb

I hope so. What's sad is that SeaWorld shouldn't *have* to save face or present what they do. I feel like it's almost a waste of their time to have to remind people "Hey guys, we do a lot of AWESOME things for animals!"

But unfortunately, this is what humanity has come to.

I my Facebook, I posted an article you linked regarding the interview with the trainer who had been lied to. Someone I knew posted with a captivating response with "No no no, this article is all wrong. Check your facts." Very well-said in your FB posts. I can't believe how ignorant people can be despite the truth that is presented to them.

These people honestly believe that because they watched a 90 minute movie they now know MORE than people who have made animal care their life's work.

What I find ironic is that the people in the film basically said, "Seaworld paid us to say what they wanted us to say!" and we as viewers are supposed to be like, "Yeah! That's so messed up!" Yet, they're being paid by the movie producers to say only what the movie producers want them to say.

If one of the points of the movie is to question the things we hear, then we should also be questioning the movie.

Also, I'm sorry if this has been brought up already, but I get REALLY irritated at the people who say, "free the whales!" Those people obviously do not know what happened with Keiko.

Yeah, let's just throw the whales that have been used to relying on humans for years (and many that have never seen the wild) into the literal cold. While we're at it, let's free your horses and dogs. They'll totally know how to survive out in the wild on their own.

Also, I'm sorry if this has been brought up already, but I get REALLY irritated at the people who say, "free the whales!" Those people obviously do not know what happened with Keiko.

Ha! I literally JUST posted to our Facebook page about there where someone was all "FREE ALL THE WHALES" and I posted the link to the Wiki page about Keiko.

Uneducated people say uneducated stuff. And no matter how much you TRY to educate them, they won't ever listen. I mean, they WATCHED A MOVIE... They are "experts", right?

I don't know if you guys have seen this, but there is a petition on change.org for the Oscars to deny Blackfish a nomination for Best Documentary. Their reasoning for this is that it is not a documentary by the Academy Award standards and that the movie could potentially do damage to the employees of SeaWorld and the animals that people want set free because of Blackfish

http://www.change.org/petitions/academy-of-motion-picture-arts-and-sciences-academy-awards-or-oscars-deny-a-nomination-of-best-documentary-for-the-film-blackfish-on-the-grounds-that-it-is-not-a-documentary

I really love Wild Days. It was planned way before Blackfish was released though. Throughout yesterday all of the shows (only during select showtimes) where doing a extra 5 minute presentation about Wild Days. I'm not sure if this will go on throughout the event, or if it was just a one time thing. I'll see if it's going on today.

Robb, I saw you in the park yesterday, didn't want to say 'Hello' since I thought it would just end up being awkward since you may not have remembered who I was. Hope you enjoyed your visit. Haha.

I want a shirt that says "Kiss my Blackfish, I'm going to SeaWorld" or something along that line. The witch hunt against an organization that does more than most for the preservation of the creatures that inhabit our planet than most others is just appalling. The world we live in.

Ha! I literally JUST posted to our Facebook page about there where someone was all "FREE ALL THE WHALES" and I posted the link to the Wiki page about Keiko.

Uneducated people say uneducated stuff. And no matter how much you TRY to educate them, they won't ever listen. I mean, they WATCHED A MOVIE... They are "experts", right?

Exactly. To me, this is like me saying that because I watched a Transformers film, I know everything about CGI. This whole Blackfish bull crap proves that America is uneducated, and gullible. Our education system is plummeting straight into the toilet. At least there are some intelligent people left with common sense not to follow this Blackfish Cult.

Thanks for posting the report, Robb...glad to see Jack Hanna there showing a sincere acknowledgement to Dawn and her family.

We went to the Columbus Zoo this past year and LOVED it. I learned a lot about several different animal species and noticed that they also had several rescue and rehab areas for animals - it's probably one of the best zoos I have ever visited. Didn't see Jack there, but there were several photos of him and I know that he is a big part of what makes that zoo tick.

I'll have to post a trip report of it...if I ever get done posting my Indiana Beach trip report!

Ok Ok Ok. Ive been following Theme Park Review for quite some time. Im subscribed to their youtube to catch every upload as soon as I can and I frequent the site often, but never posted anything as I never had an account. Until now I never felt obligated to post anything.

What initially caught my attention was Robb saying "have you not advanced as a society" in retort earlier in the post. Now, I understand where you came from on that, especially with people falling for the Blackfish propaganda and thinking they're suddenly experts on animal rights. I can't say much on the film, I haven't seen it, but I am very very much into animal rights and welfare and I feel the Seaworld controversy isn't clear cut black and white(ba dum tis)

First off, I can guarantee most people on this site(and naturally, in the world) don't give a crap about animals considering theres photos of dead ones in the shape of burgers, hot dogs, soups, pizzas, you name it every time you visit a park. So, this brings me back to "have we not advanced as a society", you only said that because people are attacking a theme park with cute whales in it. Im more than sure their conservation efforts are second or third to the fact of roller coasters and the flipping whales, because certainly if anyone wants to "advance society" you certainly wouldn't be stuffing your face with animals that you're claiming to care about. Advanced society sees animals as animals, not as food. Advanced societies research the effects of animal agriculture and would abandon animal products upon finding out because advanced societies would know its destroying our planet and steal every meager essence of an animals right. Granted, cows, chickens and pigs aren't probably worthy animals in your eyes, like the almighty Orca or dolphin.

Which brings me to...if you're so adamant about sea conservation, I suggest you never pick up another piece of seafood in your life. Why? Millions upon millions of sea life, including the cute little dolphins and whales, die every year because of commercial fishing. "By catch" is what happens when you release miles and miles of net into our ocean and trail it behind a ship..catching ANYTHING and EVERYTHING but hardly the intended catch. Whatever is caught that isn't your food, dies by drowning or is hauled up...then tossed back in the ocean, dead. Fishing alone kills more animals a year(not just fish caught for food, I'm talking turtles, dolphins, sharks, rays, etc everything at Seaworld) than sea world could even dream of saving..which brings me to my next point..

Seaworld sells seafood. For a company who thrives of rehabilitation you'd think they'd be pretty damn serious about not killing and eating animals they're trying to save. Or at the least, supporting companies that don't run our oceans BARREN with every net. Now they claim to buy foods from companies who farm fish(not wild caught), I don't know how true that is.

And as far as conservation...they do amazing jobs at it. Without a doubt. Since *inception, they donated 50million dollars to organizations! Thats amazing!...they only make over a BILLION dollars a year. The money they donate comes from federal grants, not from what the park generates. And they won't release an animal back to the wild if they deem it profitable. So it becomes the next Shamu.

Whales are INCREDIBLE animals. And the interests of humans(profit, entertainment) come way before any of the animals interests. Im not saying they're not cared for well(they have better medical care than i do) But living in a pool, no matter how big, steals the one thing every animal on this planet is entitled to...freedom. They are captives. Glorified slaves. There are plenty of ways Seaworld could benefit whales without having them perform tricks and flips for fat tourists and snotty kids. Whales need tight nit social family groups, whales like to hunt, whales like to swim miles and miles a day. They are denied this and its replaced with artificial enrichment with hoola hoops. If sea world had the captive whales interests in mind, they'd use their "research" to find ways to make conservation happen without exploiting animals. These animals don't showcase their behaviors in the wild, they are trained animals.

Seaworld is a business. A business first and for most. Also, I don't agree with randomly releasing captive animals into the wild(I hear thats what some people suggest after watching the film), but they certainly shouldn't be kept in tanks. The tanks are there for access with stadium seating, not the whales benefit.

Question. ....

Out of the billion that you claim they make evey year, how much of that is reinvested into the parks, used to pay employees and overhead, animal rescues, feeding the animals, new attractions, and research?

People need to look at the big picture. It seems like just because they are a business, they must be evil.

Of course its reinvested into the parks, its what keeps them running. And I don't "claim" they make a billion, I did some research before posting this and got figures.

Also, the post isn't to show sea world in a only negative light. I stated their conservation efforts are great(rescuing, rehabilitating etc) but again, they're a business. Business requires animals to live in tanks. They take their basic freedom away. People will claim they have a "better life" in captivity. Yeah, well, they didn't ask for that. They cannot speak, so they are taken advantage of in that regard. No matter how beautiful, people still see whales below them.

And Im slightly disturbed thats all you really took away from that post.

Great post Rob! I agree! People are ignoring the good that Sea World does. Something that I really can't support though is the entertainment shows the animals are in. I think that Sea World would be better without making whales jump through hoops and such. Just my opinion. I don't like that this film has put people in an either/or stance. I think that there are shades of gray in most cases and this film brought out a lot of extremists in both sides.

Thanks for posting this as well. Really great points. I think it's interesting that all the the coaster people are ignoring these points. You guys are accusing everyone of being uneducated and extremists, but no one on this side is willing to see some of the animal rights pov.

Ok Ok Ok. Ive been following Theme Park Review for quite some time. Im subscribed to their youtube to catch every upload as soon as I can and I frequent the site often, but never posted anything as I never had an account. Until now I never felt obligated to post anything.

What initially caught my attention was Robb saying "have you not advanced as a society" in retort earlier in the post. Now, I understand where you came from on that, especially with people falling for the Blackfish propaganda and thinking they're suddenly experts on animal rights. I can't say much on the film, I haven't seen it, but I am very very much into animal rights and welfare and I feel the Seaworld controversy isn't clear cut black and white(ba dum tis)

First off, I can guarantee most people on this site(and naturally, in the world) don't give a crap about animals considering theres photos of dead ones in the shape of burgers, hot dogs, soups, pizzas, you name it every time you visit a park. So, this brings me back to "have we not advanced as a society", you only said that because people are attacking a theme park with cute whales in it. Im more than sure their conservation efforts are second or third to the fact of roller coasters and the flipping whales, because certainly if anyone wants to "advance society" you certainly wouldn't be stuffing your face with animals that you're claiming to care about. Advanced society sees animals as animals, not as food. Advanced societies research the effects of animal agriculture and would abandon animal products upon finding out because advanced societies would know its destroying our planet and steal every meager essence of an animals right. Granted, cows, chickens and pigs aren't probably worthy animals in your eyes, like the almighty Orca or dolphin.

Which brings me to...if you're so adamant about sea conservation, I suggest you never pick up another piece of seafood in your life. Why? Millions upon millions of sea life, including the cute little dolphins and whales, die every year because of commercial fishing. "By catch" is what happens when you release miles and miles of net into our ocean and trail it behind a ship..catching ANYTHING and EVERYTHING but hardly the intended catch. Whatever is caught that isn't your food, dies by drowning or is hauled up...then tossed back in the ocean, dead. Fishing alone kills more animals a year(not just fish caught for food, I'm talking turtles, dolphins, sharks, rays, etc everything at Seaworld) than sea world could even dream of saving..which brings me to my next point..

Seaworld sells seafood. For a company who thrives of rehabilitation you'd think they'd be pretty damn serious about not killing and eating animals they're trying to save. Or at the least, supporting companies that don't run our oceans BARREN with every net. Now they claim to buy foods from companies who farm fish(not wild caught), I don't know how true that is.

And as far as conservation...they do amazing jobs at it. Without a doubt. Since *inception, they donated 50million dollars to organizations! Thats amazing!...they only make over a BILLION dollars a year. The money they donate comes from federal grants, not from what the park generates. And they won't release an animal back to the wild if they deem it profitable. So it becomes the next Shamu.

Whales are INCREDIBLE animals. And the interests of humans(profit, entertainment) come way before any of the animals interests. Im not saying they're not cared for well(they have better medical care than i do) But living in a pool, no matter how big, steals the one thing every animal on this planet is entitled to...freedom. They are captives. Glorified slaves. There are plenty of ways Seaworld could benefit whales without having them perform tricks and flips for fat tourists and snotty kids. Whales need tight nit social family groups, whales like to hunt, whales like to swim miles and miles a day. They are denied this and its replaced with artificial enrichment with hoola hoops. If sea world had the captive whales interests in mind, they'd use their "research" to find ways to make conservation happen without exploiting animals. These animals don't showcase their behaviors in the wild, they are trained animals.

Seaworld is a business. A business first and for most. Also, I don't agree with randomly releasing captive animals into the wild(I hear thats what some people suggest after watching the film), but they certainly shouldn't be kept in tanks. The tanks are there for access with stadium seating, not the whales benefit.

Thanks for posting this as well. Really great points. I think it's interesting that all the the coaster people are ignoring these points. You guys are accusing everyone of being uneducated and extremists, but no one on this side is willing to see some of the animal rights pov.

Only problem is the author admittedly has not seen Blackfish. This whole discussion revolves around Blackfish specifically and its content. I don't think anyone here is ignoring or is ignorant of the general POV of animal activists in general. They're just reacting directly to the propaganda that is Blackfish.

I can't say much on the film, I haven't seen it, but I am very very much into animal rights and welfare and I feel the Seaworld controversy isn't clear cut black and white(ba dum tis)

I'd recommend actually watching before spouting off on it, or the discussion going on about it. Maybe then the controversy would become clearer.