TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

Freestyle machines really need to show up in more places period! I would love to get a couple at Dollywood!

Yes they do! I really liked the fact that SFOG had some and we could use our drink vouchers there during Deep South Bash (Vanilla Coke Zero, FTW!). I hope they pop up at all Coke parks soon.

The Pepsi deals stems back from the AB days. The old AB canning unit used to provide the cans for Pepsi products. One of the main factories is in Gainesville, FL. I think the canneries were in the deal in InBev, but InBev sold them off or spun into their own company.

Now what other good things can come out of this? Better beer at SeaWorld/Busch Gardens soon? It will be awesome to order a Sam Adams there...

But, Being from Atlanta... I am psyched about this news! Pepsi sucks!

Horray! Now, almost all park chains serve Coke! (Except for the non-Paramount Cedar Fair parks, and Palace Entertainment)

In fact, the biggest problem Knoebels currently has is that they sell Pepsi products. Switch to Coke and add a good steel coaster, and you have the perfect park!

I would have actually loved to have been a fly on the wall during these negotiations. I've always wondered how cut-throat it is when the two companies are bidding on major contracts like theme parks, stadiums, etc.

I would have actually loved to have been a fly on the wall during these negotiations. I've always wondered how cut-throat it is when the two companies are bidding on major contracts like theme parks, stadiums, etc.

My freshman year in college Pepsi did all the fountains for all of the athletic fields/arenas while Coke did all vending machines. Coke usually had a 2:1 fountain ration in the dinning halls too. The contracts for all expired that year. After the university negotiated with both....the simply swapped what Coke and Pepsi did on cmapus

Sorry to digress, but as a whole I would say that I definitely prefer Coke products as a whole. The only thing of Pepsi's I like more is Mountain Dew to Vault. Either way, theme park fountain soda is usually watered down and terrible anyway so I don't think it matters that much.

^I agree that Pepsi and Mountain Dew throwback are pretty spectacular (Mountain Dew in general, really), but Coke has the edge overall I think. Sprite is better than Sierra Mist, regular Coke is better than regular Pepsi, and Cherry Coke is about even with Cherry Pepsi. Coke Zero is pretty much better than any "diet" soda by either company. Mello Yello is disgusting, though.

Still no love for RC Cola?

HAHA! I came in here to make an RC Cola comment. I always do when I see a Coke vs Pepsi discussion. And yes, I like Royal Crown more than Coke or Pepsi. I grew up going to a Round Table Pizza that has it on fountain. So good!

^^^^I worked for Coke for many years, and I know that they sell there products to the Disney Parks for pennies on the dollar, in return for exclusive advertising rights throughout all the parks....It was a big negotiating deal back when I was working there, and very important for CCE as well as financially a windfall for them.