TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

AHHHH!!!!!

BEST NEWS EVER!!!!

YAAAAYYYYY!!!!

From WESH 2 News Orlando...

SeaWorld To Ditch Pepsi For Coke

Report: SeaWorld Switching To Coca-Cola Sponsorship In January

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Come 2012, there won't be any more sea otters carrying Pepsi cans at SeaWorld, or any guests doing so for that matter.

Starting Jan. 1, SeaWorld is making the switch from Pepsi to Coca-Cola, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort both already partner with Coca-Cola.

The Coke sponsorship at SeaWorld was signed for a reported 10 years.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/themeparks/30013619/detail.html#ixzz1gid0AOfK

Looks like the entire chain. From the Official SeaWorld Parks Blog:

coke-logo.jpg.bca35c02ea2e635daaae03755e2bd86a.jpg

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Announces The Coca-Cola Company As New Official Sponsor

by Staff

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment announced today a 10-year agreement with The Coca-Cola Company that makes Coca-Cola® the “Official Refreshment Beverage” of our parks beginning January 1, 2012.

The new agreement includes product offerings, consumer promotions and sponsorship opportunities designed to maximize marketing collaboration and activation. Coca-Cola fountain beverages will be made available to park guests throughout the company’s 10 parks including at restaurants, dining services, mobile carts and vending areas. Products will include Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Sprite®, Coke ZeroTM and Dasani® as well as other non-alcoholic beverages including soda, water, energy drinks, teas, juices and even coffee through its Georgia CoffeeTM brand.

“The Coca-Cola Company’s exceptional beverage brands, significant global reach and, most importantly, inspiring commitment to global citizenship will make for extraordinary joint programs,” said Jim Atchison, president and chief executive officer for SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment. “Our two companies share a like-minded mission to make a positive difference in the world and we are thrilled at the endless possibilities to create new products and programs that will benefit our guests, our communities and the natural world.”

"We are happy that SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment is now a member of the Coca-Cola family," said Stefanie Miller, Group Vice President of Strategic Properties for Coca-Cola Refreshments. "We look forward to leveraging our joint sustainability activities and brands to inspire and refresh SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment consumers through unique, value-added programs."

http://www.seaworldparksblog.com/seaworld-parks-entertainment-announces-coca-cola-company-new-official-sponsor

Edited by robbalvey

They would be a great sponsor for Wild Arctic!

rsz_wild_arctic_coke.thumb.jpg.a2a1ff9e8f19361cd7a0dc117cbde36f.jpg

Future Sponsorship?

Coca-Cola is currently running a promotion called "Arctic Home" that is preserving the home of Arctic animals

d. Coca-Cola and World Wildlife Fund (WWF) are joining forces in a bold new campaign to help protect the polar bear's Arctic home.

918290774_CocaColaArcticHomeLogo.jpg.8ded1549fa3bcdd768d8dc21f6590002.jpg

I think Cokes message of Conservation fits in perfectly with SeaWorld! (Plus I prefer Coca-Cola products!)

Now all thats needed is for Legoland to convert to Coca-Cola.....

Well, I'm not sure what kind of money difference it makes for Seaworld with sponsorship / contract but, I hope it brings more money for the park!

To quote what another park owner once said to me about their choice of Coke over Pepsi "It wasn't about the money, it was about the quality!"

I agree!

Edited by robbalvey