TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

USF Dueling Dragons

Hi,

Anybody have any idea's when, if at all Dueling Dragons will go down for, I understand the Harry Potter makeover is going to shut of that side of the park.. I'm already booked up again for my October trip and always looked forward to riding the dragons.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know they won't be clsoing them down. I honestly think they have already done quite a bit of work on the ride in the past year with the entire repainting of the castle a few months back. I bet if anything they might just change the name of the ride and a few other things, but I doubt little else.

Well, according to a friend that does attraction lighting for Universal (Harry Potter and Simpsons) has said that there is a huge possibility of closing down the ride, but not for half a year. They have to overhaul the entire queue to replace all the theming (Including lights). JK Rowling has stated to Universal that the theming is not up to par. She also said the "candles" and "flame lit torches" inside the castle are not realistic enough either.

From what I hear from the people I still keep in touch from when I used to work at Dragons/Unicorn.. Dragons will be shutting down for 2 months prior to the open of Potter. So.. over a year away..

Unicorn on the other hand is apparently rumored to be closing down sometime this summer, and WONT reopen until Potter. So that will be closed for over a year! Obviously it shouldnt take too long to make the changes to Unicorn.. but with the construction so close to Unicorn, it'll have an extensive downtime. So.. enjoy the lifthill pictures of Hogwarts while we still can!

I really hope they don't shut Dragons down for any appreciable amount of time. They're by far the best thing at the Universal Resort and it would be a huge loss to not have them running.

They are good rides, but have you forgotten about the hulk?!?

But it would be a shame if they were closed on your visit. Hopefully they do something interesting to the ride with Harry Potter theming.

They will probably close it for at least 2 months to change the theming to harry potter and unicorn will be closed later on this year because it is very close to the construction zone of harry potter. They need that space to bring in materials for the area but it will reopen with harry potter and duelings dragons will probably reopen a few weeks before harry potter. They would not close it until harry potter opens that would really endanger the park crowds they have to keep the guest coming until the new section opens.

They will probably close it for at least 2 months to change the theming to harry potter and unicorn will be closed later on this year because it is very close to the construction zone of harry potter. They need that space to bring in materials for the area but it will reopen with harry potter and duelings dragons will probably reopen a few weeks before harry potter. They would not close it until harry potter opens that would really endanger the park crowds they have to keep the guest coming until the new section opens.

Same with me, I will probably be in Orlando this summer or in December, I have never been to IoA and without Dueling Dragons, I really don't want to visit even though the Hulk looks like a cool coaster as well.

If what they say is accurate.. you'll be fine with Dragons until like.. Sept '09. It'd make sense to close it down sometime after the peak summer season is over.

With Unicorn. I was told July/August all the way until what.. Dec '09 when Potter opens?

And yeah.. the Hulk should be.. launch, zero g, cobra, loop, break run, station IMO Except the drop off the MCB is the best part of the ride..

If what they say is accurate.. you'll be fine with Dragons until like.. Sept '09. It'd make sense to close it down sometime after the peak summer season is over.

That would make the most sense. There are going to be some unhappy guests with the DD closing no matter what, but if it's to better the park, then so be it.

^^Repeat after me...

It's only a new credit if your name is Jeff Johnson.

But this makes me wonder...will the Flying Unicorn and Dueling Dragons go down after Rip, Ride, and Rockit opens next door at the Studios? I think it would make sense, as people can still get some good coaster thrills while two rides are down at IOA.

they don't plan to close down dueling dragons i was just there yesterday they just plan to retheme the ride to fit in with harry potter you even read it in the offical paper about the wizarding world of harry potter this is just a rumor it is not true.They are going to take away the restuarants and posideons fury in lost continent because they don't have room to fit 6 themed lands.