TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Drayton Manor Discussion Thread

• 4 weeks later...

A 2011 park update has been posted to Drayton Manor Plus and is full of Ben 10 construction photos as well as some general updates around the park.

The rides full layout.

Yeah, that looks insane!

Maelstrom and G-Force got re-painted.

See the rest of the report here: http://www.draytonmanorplus.co.uk/dmtalk/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=65

Ben 10 is by a mile the best coaster being built for 2011 in the UK...it is great to see Drayton Manor not trying to do a big thrill ride, but doing a small ride really well, great theming, some great (albeit small) forces.

The front will be definitely the best, getting dragged over that spike should provide some nice airtime...It could be better than Thi13teen, because it will exceed expectations.

Drayton Manor could overtake Alton Towers as the place to go in the Midlands, especially with the ride refurbs to hugely improve rides, the huge hotel and talks of a Mack launch coaster similar to Blue Fire

I daren't say it, this could be the best coaster in the park.

(AND IT'S VEKOMA )

n24s5d04d43tg9c70008rq.jpg.0a6950adee5ed06a0621028d465dd5ec.jpg

The Orgasmic Spike

• 2 weeks later...
Testing video!!!

Okay i'm a bit dissapointed.

I thought it would go faster up that last hill. I know it's just testing and i really hope that it's gonna go faster in the final result!

I would imagine a train full of people would make a huge difference I don't see any water dummies in it

It was indeed lovely and smooth. Nice to ride a Boomerang that didn't give me a headache. It's a great step up coaster from the likes of Troublesome Trucks. It appeared some sections of track had been ground down to possibly remove some rough patches as there were areas where the paint was missing. But overall it was a great ride for the target it's aimed at, so don't go expecting an extreme experience as it's not meant to be.

They were a bit behind schedule with the installation so the queue line we experienced today didn't have all the interactive elements it should have. They're working day and night between now and Saturday to get everything in and working. They really want it to be more than just a coaster with the queue being part of the whole experience.

73330748_P1090836(Small).JPG.d5993c4df73e3f6a180676cdc119998c.JPG

The founder of Drayton Manor, the current main man and the head of another coaster club.

1633496837_P1090843(Small).JPG.a599e2c3e715c8a603619eb10d5d4381.JPG

Celebrity street dancers, Twist and Pulse, prepare to cut the ribbon.

431999421_P1090887(Small).JPG.a472e9307ca476d916eb1b8f41d7426d.JPG

The inside queue line

25728282_P1090889(Small).JPG.1992e7ae67daff2cab4717b3d7e2ca72.JPG

Themeing

1825450847_P1090966(Small).JPG.7f0fd65113d7abcb4d553e6cae7608d7.JPG

Good over view of layout. Photo taken during press launch with permission, cameras will not be permitted on this ride at other times.

2120452567_P1090985(Small).JPG.65c45b8a054d6d0b8a73a8fea9dc1a03.JPG

In motion, on the forward pass or was it the reverse pass.

• 2 years later...

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/new-drayton-manor-hotel-plan-4864424?tabPane=Comments

A new 85-bedroomed hotel is planned at Drayton Manor Park to meet rising demand. And it will be named after site founder George Herbert Hamilton Bryan.

Proposals for Hotel Hamilton have been drawn up in the wake of the success of the original £19 million hotel, which finally opened in summer 2011 following years of planning delays.

The Drayton Manor Hotel, on the fringes of Tamworth, has been such a hit, it has already pulled in nearly 150,000 sleeping customers – and is set to be supplemented by Hotel Hamilton.

The new hotel will take 92-year-old George Bryan’s middle name, and will be attached to the complex’s popular Hamilton Suite.

Although the project is still in the early planning stages, park chief executive Colin Bryan is hopeful that building work can start as early as 2015.

“We needed to do a five-year plan for Lichfield District Council. In there are a lot of new ideas, including hotel number two. It will be attached to the Hamilton Suite building and the hotel will be Hotel Hamilton. “The first hotel has been an absolutely enormous success and has totally exceeded our expectations. “We are making good profits out of it and we are approaching 150,000 sleeping customers since it opened. That figure does not include people who come for dinner-dances, functions etc.”

Mr Bryan could not reveal the cost of the new investment. “It will be a three-star and will not be as expensive as the last one,” he said. “I think that the hotel could be started after 2015. “It is very Spanish-looking. It will have its own entrance and the banqueting facilities will be part of the Hamilton Suite.”

Mr Bryan said February 2012 to February 2013 was the second best year in Drayton Manor’s history, with around 1,120,000 visitors, some from as far afield as Ireland, Norway, Japan and elsewhere. “We have also just had planning permission for an extra restaurant at the current hotel.”

• 4 weeks later...

Drayton Manor Theme Park has opened a new ride from Zamperla to celebrate the fifth anniversary of its Thomas Land kids area.

The £750,000 ($1.15m/€875,000) Winston’s Whistle Stop Tour is based on the Thomas & Friends character Winston, the Fat Controller’s inspection vehicle. Featuring a 195-metre-long track, the monorail ride gives passengers a bird’s eye view of Thomas Land as it travels between 3.5 and 4m above the ground. Each of the seven 4-seater trolley cars features an audio system that give riders a guided tour around the town of Sodor.

Drayton Manor is located near the town of Tamworth, Staffordshire. Zamperla also manufactured many of Thomas Land’s existing family rides.

Pictured below are Drayton Manor managing director Colin Bryan, Thomas & Friends narrator Mark Moraghan and The Fat Controller.

Source

• 5 months later...