TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Questions about TPR's Front Page - Please read!

Do you regularly look at the front page?  

460 members have voted

1. 1. Do you regularly look at the front page?

• Yes
    • No

I can answer all these very easily, I have bookmarked the forum index page and just come directly here. I may have once looked at the front page in the year or so I have been here.

Wow that's great. Can you be any more useful?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1: The constant influx of updates - for example, [hint]the video contest results.[/hint]

2: Probably special features. But that's not to say I don't like it.

3: Nuttin.

4: Almost never.

5: Whenever I access the site.

6: I completely forgot about it - for about 2+ years. IMO the What's New link is a redundancy as it shows exactly what's on the front page.

7: A very large (permanent) message stating that Sylvan Beach is the supreme park on the planet.

8: Read above statement. In all seriousness, the "icons" in our forum, for example, the SpellCheck button, is just a white box, with black outline and black text. Almost all the buttons are like that. It's kinds boring. Could you change it to be more creative? It's been bugging me for a while. An example of a cool button is the quote button that you see when you are not posting a reply - being a black box with rounded edges, gold outlining, gold text and a bit of a 3D effect.

1. What do you find most useful about the front page?

- Recent updates, major announcements, and trip reports

2. What do you find least useful about the front page?

- Search

3. Is anything on the front page confusing?

- No

4. How far do you scroll down the front page looking for updates?

- Every once in a while I will scroll all the way down

5. How often do you look at the front page?

- Every time I visit

6. How often do you click on the "whatsnew" link?

- Occasionally

7. What would you like to see added to the front page to make your visits to TPR better?

- Can't think of anything right now

8. Anything else you would like to mention? Like any thing else you would like to see us add/change/leave alone/etc?

- No

My one complaint about the front page is that the pics in every update/feature on the front page are not clickable links. I always go to click the pics on the front page here as I find that is the trend that most of the other sites use that I go to.

Other than that minor quib, the front page serves it's function just fine for me.

Quick links to good forums post, or recent TPR trips info.

Too much to scroll through, might be nice to just have the "top 10" on it or something

No, not really, the only thing I don't like is that when I try to click on the forums tab and accidently click on the main logo, it refreshes the page and I feel stupid.

Since I read TPR everyday, usually not too far unless I'm looking for something I read before and want to check out again.

Daily, if not semi-daily, quarter-daily, basically anywhere between 1-6 times a day

Not so often, maybe once a week

7. What would you like to see added to the front page to make your visits to TPR better?

Maybe break it up between TRs, News, and Cool Stuff or something.

8. Anything else you would like to mention? Like any thing else you would like to see us add/change/leave alone/etc?

Nah, not really, seems pretty cool already and with a little tweaking, could be extraordinary!!

I am answering these questions without looking at the first 3 pages of responses so my answers wont be swayed.

The link to hit to get to the forum.

nothing

no

I have never scrolled down until today, and I was like WOW, this page is long.

Every day just to get to the forum or if there is a cool update I want to see

never

I would like to see somewhere just an update on when the new 2008 coasters open. Like a current open/still closed thingy. I am always searching TR to see if they opened yet

I wouldlike to see a coaster counter.

Peace, Big Mike

The multiple updates shown.

Nothing, really.

Nope

All the way to the bottom.

Everyday

A few times a week.

Links to cool parks in the game threads.

Maybe a link to the best parks/rides in RCT/NL. Maybe a screen, description, and download link.

-Being organized and easy to navigate through.

-Nothing, very well layed out.

-Nothing is confusing to me.

-About 1/2 to 3/4 of the way down. But sometimes the whole page.

-At least once a day.

-Not much.

-Nothing I can think of.

-Nothing, its a great site.

7. Make the forums more easily accessible.

What do you mean by this?

Since the forums are a big deal with this website, maybe you could make the fourms have their own section instead of mixing the link in with the whats new, park index, download videos, ect.

Most of the time, updates of some of the TPR trips

Nothing really.

Its a little, but its not hard to get used to it.

Not at all

Everyday

I haven't

Just a suggestion but have a "Best of each thread of the week link".

8. Anything else you would like to mention? Like any thing else you would like to see us add/change/leave alone/etc? Nope, everything looks good!

It's like the central hub of the site.

The "Official Updates" and the "Forum Updates, News, and Other Stuff" could really be merged. I don't think it's necessary to distinguish between the two.

Nope, it's pretty easy to navigate.

I hardly scroll at all. Since I see the front page almost every day, I'm caught up on all the old updates. But because of that, with the "Special Features" section so far down and so rarely updated, I don't often notice it. It's a bit lost and out of the way.

Pretty much every day.

I did just now for the first time! :}

Both of these have already been mentioned, but I'd like a place to log in and I think the overall look could use a face-lift.

Nope, I think that's it!

1. Important updates that I might miss in the sometimes-crowded sticky section.

2. I believe it's all of importance. (except the search/email list entry forms)

3. No

4. Since I visit frequently, everything I need is near the top.

5. Every day

6. Never

7. Cooler looking, maybe some better graphics - but that doesn't affect the content.

8. It'd be cool if there was a section on the front page where you could highlight what was going on in the games forum. Sometimes it seems like that section of the forum gets forgotten.

I use it to keep up on all the latest info about parks, coasters, TPR news, etc.

Nothing, really.

Nope.

Usually not that far because I've seen everything before.

About once or twice a week.

Never knew such a thing existed, honestly.

Nothing.

When I see a thread in the forums, sometimes about 2 weeks later I'll see that same thing pop up on the front page as something "new." I understand that the admins are busy, but maybe things can be added slightly quicker. This only happens every once and a while, though, all in all, it's run great.

- I don't know how technically it can be done, but something like a randomizer for the special features section that randomly picks some of the big updates on the site. I do think that if a big update just randomly came up, it's be a draw enough to recall bits of it and revisit the update.

- I'd probably change the name of the special features section to something like "big updates" or "best of TPR". This really isn't really a front page thing, besides a link of it appearing on the front page, but I'd also think the addition of some sort of primer to TPR might be a welcome addition. Just a simply page for people who are new to TPR saying "Welcome. How are ya? So you're new here. Well, this is who we are. Hey, you might wanna look here, oh and check this one out too. It's awesome." and linking to what you, or the group, feel are some of the best TRs we have. Something like that. I think the current set up might be a little imposing for people just finding the site. Maybe even add a podcast...ok so that's stretching it a little bit.

LOL! I need to ask you more often....pretty much ALL of that is in the works!

--Robb

The thumbnails of pictures along with the titles of the posts so that I can quickly see what content updates are new since I have checked it last, and get a brief description of what that content post includes.

The entire top area. I've never used anything up above the content area except for the link to the forums. The top area takes up too much space.

There is too much text scattered everywhere. I don't really like the layout of the announcements portion.

I visit it regularly enough to be able to see if there are 1-2 new things without needing to scroll. If I haven't visited in a couple weeks though, I'd have to scroll a few inches to see everything perhaps. With my resolution (1152x864) I only see the top two updates.

Once or twice a week.

I had never clicked the link until just now to see what it was, looks like just a text link version of the frontpage. I will not use this link again.

Better organization. I like the content that is there, but it needs to be organized in a more logical way.

Leave the thumbnail previews for the content updates.

- there should be an email dan button on the front page

LOL! There actually was one up until about a month or so ago. I finally had to remove it because people thought it was our official "Email TPR" link!

--Robb

My one complaint about the front page is that the pics in every update/feature on the front page are not clickable links. I always go to click the pics on the front page here as I find that is the trend that most of the other sites use that I go to.

That's actually a very interesting point. I honestly never thought about that before!

--Robb

Oh, also an RSS feed would be nice to alert people of new content updates. I have an RSS bot in IRC (Internet Relay Chat) which gives me updates from Slashdot and LiveScience, would be great to have it feed TPR updates as well.

1. Having a showcase of the best and most current forums is always nice to have

2. Umm... Probably "whats new" seeing as I have never used it before

3. Not for me!

4. Until I see updates I have seen previously

5. Every time I visit (multiple times a day)

6. Never...

7. Not sure, I like it the way it is

8. Nada

Thumbnail picture with the link to the topic.

The link to Coaster DVD's. Since there's a link to Store already.

Nothing is difficult or confusing.

Not very far unless it's been a while since I last came to this site.

Every day.

Just did for the first time now, lol. So that's like super rare.

A short little TPR animation with 2 buttons. On the left button, it'll say: Watch Intro. And the right button say: Skip Intro.

More construction pictures!

When I see a thread in the forums, sometimes about 2 weeks later I'll see that same thing pop up on the front page as something "new." I understand that the admins are busy, but maybe things can be added slightly quicker. This only happens every once and a while, though, all in all, it's run great.

I think that happens because there are so many good forum threads that if we posted all the good ones every day the front page would be as busy at the forum!

So we will have a "queue" of things to add to the front page, and sometimes things fall further back in the queue if something comes up.

Usually when we do this we will add 2 or 3 items to the front page so there is at least something "new" or at last "notable."

--Robb

The links across the top of the page

Really old updates

Nope, it's laid out pretty well

Maybe about 1/3 of the way

If something catches my eye that I'm interested in

I think I did once when I was bored...sorry.

Nothing

Nah, I'm good.

The link to Coaster DVD's. Since there's a link to Store already.

Yeah, as I update the store to add more content and descriptions in there, this link will dissapear. But at the moment the only place to get a "detailed" description of our DVDs in the "coaster DVD" link.

--Robb