TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

What else have people sued for at amusment parks?

SFOG-Family of decapitated kid sued because their own kid thought it would be a good idea to stand below a B&M invert. (I believe they also tried to blame B&M, saying the ride should have been "more elevated")

I thought the family admitted it was their kids fault and not the park or the ride so they didn't try to sue?

And this really worries me if this goes through than people will realize that they can sue for pretty much anything. And parks handing out settlements for pointless cases doesn't help either.

I saw others and it didn't look pleasant. Also, common (or uncommon...better yet, rare) sense would have told me that if I saw a car coming straight towards me, I would turn to the side to avoid the sudden impact/redirect the impact, hence the ride's name "Rue le DODGE" knowing that hitting straight on isn't going to be the most pleasant feeling. I'm ready to call shenanigans on all of this fiasco.

If head-on collisions are so bad, why don't they simply replace their older bumper cars with more modern, air disc bumper cars. Those can handle head-ons without any problems! For those of you who haven't seen one of these, they are somewhat like the flying saucers in RCT. Instead of spending thousands on an island that might not work, why not just tear out the current bumper cars for newer ones? It will avoid lawsuits for sure.

Exactly my thoughts. A little bit more of a bouncy bumper, something like the Space Race cars at SCBB.

Something like these, in a larger arena, pick up the speed a bit if possible, and not over crowd the arena with these things and you got yourself a nice set of bumper cars, easier to maneuver for beginners too.

And because I have nothing better to do tonight....

426397532_RLDWristsnapper.jpg.9162659d8217950fa82a1540ec6a7207.jpg

Ride rename, keeping the French/New Orleans theme. Translates to....Wrist Snapper! Something we all should be excited for doing to ourselves ;)

^^ CGA pretty much has one of the worst records of any park for opening rides with the park. Usually some of the larger thrills are open with the park such as Flight Deck, Vortex, most of the flats, and Demon. However, I wouldn't count on Grizzly or Psyco Mouse being open with the park.

However, my one visit was on a summer Saturday. The longest waits of the day were thirty minutes for Grizzly and Flight Deck at their peak times. I manages five rides on Flight Deck in one day, even after riding nearly every other coaster twice. I can't imagine a tuesday being any worse.

What is the absolute best seat on the Grizzly? & When does CF usually announce a new coaster for a park?

The best seat on Grizzly can be found in Vallejo- on R.O.A.R. at SFDK.

In all reality: There IS no good seat on Grizzly. End of story.

What is the absolute best seat on the Grizzly? & When does CF usually announce a new coaster for a park?

The best seat on Grizzly can be found in Vallejo- on R.O.A.R. at SFDK.

In all reality: There IS no good seat on Grizzly. End of story.

QFT...Grizzly is about as exciting as taking a nap.

I will try the front back car on the Grizzly. Thanks. OMG Santa Clara's Grizzly has got to have the absolute loudest lift hill ever! The noise almost blew my ears off! Maybe it was because I was sitting in the middle of the train & Coming into the station at the end at a loud hard stop! Why doesn't CF get rid of it??? Demon is fine. But the Grizzly needs to go! I sure hope there will be a new coaster announcement in August. I remember Stealth was announced in July 1999. I saved the newspaper article. Oh please let there be a new coaster for next year oh please!

I used to go to this park every year from 2007-now but I think I'll me skipping it. The park gets worse and worse every year I go, and something is always closed. Invertigo was my fav ride there but now that it is gone I really don't want to go I'll just go to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom instead.

I am hoping praying there will be a major announcement in August for something big! Has anyone gone to CGA on a Saturday or a Sunday & can tell me if all the slides in Jackaroo Landing are open? Whenever I go during the week only 1 of those big slides(the green one) is open. I want to go on those other slides but they are always closed! The answer I always get when I ask a lifeguard why they are closed is not enough people. But I have been on those before a long time ago but I just wish they would keep them all open!

Was going to go tomorrow but my allergies/coldand decided to visit me yet again...and I wouldn't want that to ruin my visit...nothing would be worse than having sudden bursts of being hot and sweaty, sneezing constantly, and nasty headache. Going next weekend, should be better.

About Jackaroo Landing, the past 3 seasons I've gone I've never seen any of the slides open other than the one light blue one in front. In fact, the rest of them have panels bolted over them to prevent people from sneaking onto them, and have the runoffs netted up. Limited staff makes sense to me, I usually never see anymore than a couple people if that on the play structure. I wish they would open the rest of the slides, look like they could be fun for smaller slides. So, I wouldn't count on the slides being open this season either.

It is so frigen annoying! I like those large slides in Jackaroo Landing! I mean with those closed it's like half of Boomerang Bay is closed. & Wow only 6 slides to go on. Lets see Tasmanian Typhoon, Downhill Thunder, Didgeroo Falls, Screamin Wombat, Ripsnort Ridge & that 1 big green slide in Jackaroo Landing. Very,very,very disappointing. I don't know if Boomerang Bay is worth the $15 locker anymore. They too know there are hardly any slides so why can't they get their act together for better Jackaroo Landing operations? I get more & more annoyed over that. Maybe I'll stop doing Boomerang Bay until they get more slides & wait for all the ones in Jackaroo Landing to be open again. I know you don't need a locker for the Tasmanian Typhoon, Downhill Thunder, Didgeroo Falls since you sit in a raft & don't really get wet. Is it worth it to get a locker for Screamin Wombat & Ripsnort Ridge? I kind of think so but that's a locker for only like 3 slides!. I guess it is a rip off for 3 slides your paying $15. Angry Gumball your right they may be very small but still quite a thrill & one of them still gives me a wedgie. I always scream down the twisty dark blue one. Oh & they didn't let me go down Didgeroo Falls this year by myself. I had to go w/a random group of girls. They have let me go myself a couple times before. Last year I went myself & on one of the curves OMFG! Almost flipped over! I guess that's why. Do you think we should have seen footers for a coaster by now if we are getting one next year? I sure haven't seen any signs for a new coaster next year.

About the whole bumbercar issue. I think some of the people on them are idiots. Though i've done head on collisions myself since I view they are the best, especially between friends. However, SFDK has a policy against it so I don't do it often.

My friends idea of fun on them is keeping me stuck in a damn corner. GRRRRR

^^For body slides, it is not worth it. The tube slides do not get you that wet, so a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo is not necessary. However, the body slides will get you soaked, which puts me in a really sticky situation, since I am a total Dan when it comes to water rides, and I typically like to bring a change of clothes, yet I usually cram all my belongings in my pockets so I do not have to get a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo. What I did was leave my belongings with a non-rider. However, the body slides are nothing to write home about, while the tube slides don't get you that wet. If you don't want to get a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo, just skip the body slides altogether.

I guess I'm done getting a locker. It's really not worth it for those 2 slides! I'll wait until Boomerang Bay gets more slides. Then it would be much more worth it. Those 3 big ones Tasmanian Typhoon(the enclosed yellow one), Down Hill Thunder, & Didgeroo Falls you can ride wearing all your clothes & shoes & waist pack. I've done that before. & Why can't they start showing another movie like the Temple one next to Spongebob? They need both sides open again. & Does anyone think CGA has a chance in getting a Flight Of Fear? It would fit nicely in the Pictorium. I really hope things turn around for CGA. It really needs a huge Boomerang Bay expansion & more coasters. Attendence sure has picked up. Even during the week it seems slightly more busy than it was a few years ago.