TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Its cool. I hope one of those doesn't go there but at this point it could be anything.

My secret wish is an Intamin Megalite....somewhere in that park and they could totally pull it off too...at least SOMETHING that is a coaster hopefully will take Invertigo's spot. I still can't believe it is being taken out, never saw that coming. And I don't think what happened with it and publicity had much to do with it, remember when Boomerang stalled in the cobra roll with some of the riders upside down at SFDK? That was all over the news yet that ride is still there. I just hate this!

Back to Invertigo...I never got to see this. This was during 2009, I had no idea they did anything like this.

Tightrope walking on Invertigo

Wow that's really cool!

^ Now you're just being silly. You haven't even ridden a Windseeker yet, so how do you know it's boring?

Secondly, we've already established that Cedar Fair isn't going to drop $25 million dollars into a park like CGA, so stop dreaming. Heck, they're not even putting that much into Cedar Point right now.

Compact coaster? No frigen way. That's the last thing CGA needs. & Certinately not a stinky boring ol Windseeker on top of that. I hate the word compact. It means a crappy revised version of a ride. Come on CF give us a full Maverick clone copy!

To add on to what my friend above me said, a Windseeker is a very tall and visually appealing ride (as are all star flyers). The general public would eat that up, and it would also be a kick in the face to SFDK, who is installing Skyscreamer, a traditional Starflyer this year. it's a win-win, though due to height constraints, I don't think it would be 310 ft.

Hmmmm compact compact compact. Olympia Looping is compact, Balder is pretty compact, Deja-Vu is compact, INVERTIGO was compact. Anything at Grona Lund is compact! And they have a kick ass Intamin ZacSpin which, is also, COMPACT.

Just because a ride is compact, doenst mean it stinks sheesh.

And for the FINAL time.

CGA IS NOT GETTING A 20 MILLION DOLLAR MAVERICK CLONE!

Thinking slightly more realistic, having both a windseeker and something compact would be kind of nice. Then the park can market having not 1 but 2 new attractions...though I would still prefer the Windseeker to be in another spot. Someone brought it up before but couldn't the seeker fit in Triple Play's area? It would however have to be lifted above the office buildings and Vortex before it could start its rotations though.

Wonder what the likeliness is of a high-capacity Screamin' Swing. Still, crossing my fingers for a coaster to replace the coaster.

Yeah what the two above me said.

Although a Maverick clone would be nice (and is my secret wish but eventhough this is only the 2nd time I have said that I don't keep saying it EVERY FRIKIN' TIME I post something!) probably NOT going to happen so MOVE ON ALREADY!

And just because a coaster is compact does not mean it sucks. Sure a large, full version of a coaster would be great and is really what this park needs, a compact coaster can be just as great. I think you forget, and it was mentioned, some really great coasters happen to be, guess what, compact!

If they can manage to put in a Windseeker AND a compact coaster that would be incredibly sweet but if its only one of those for now that will work just fine.

I'm not sure but I think the radius of a Windseeker makes it too large to put on the Triple Play footprint, unless there is a smaller version of it. Why not put it next to the flipping ship ride (can't remember the name, Enterprise or Endeavor, formerly Revolution), there seems to be ample space there as they could build it over the water some, that would make for some nice views. Or maybe put a compact coaster in that area and sort of intertwine it with Logger's Run.

Compact coaster? No frigen way. That's the last thing CGA needs. & Certinately not a stinky boring ol Windseeker on top of that. I hate the word compact. It means a crappy revised version of a ride. Come on CF give us a full Maverick clone copy!

Definition of DELUSION

1: the act of deluding : the state of being deluded

2a : something that is falsely or delusively believed or propagated b : a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary; also : the abnormal state marked by such beliefs

— de·lu·sion·al \-ˈlüzh-nəl, -ˈlü-zhə-nəl\ adjective

— de·lu·sion·ary \-zhə-ˌner-ē\ adjective

See delusion defined for English-language learners »

Examples of DELUSION

He has delusions about how much money he can make at that job.

He is living under the delusion that he is incapable of making mistakes.

She is under the delusion that CGA will add a 20 million dollar coaster to a dying park.

As the illness progressed, his delusions took over and he had violent outbursts.

I don't get why people think that something compact is going to be lame. Personally, I would think that the more compact something is, the more intense it could potentially be. Who remembers Zonga/Thriller? I unfortunately never got to ride it pre-SFDK so I never got to experience how truely intense this ride was. But for what we did have at SFDK, the ride still packed a punch and had a decent length for something standing in a small footprint.

And about the park 'dying/going to close its doors,' forgive my rant or whatever but a statement like that is just as delusional as saying we would be getting a Maverick clone. Sorry, but that's a lot of what I've been seeing without any real statistics. I do realize that CGA has not had the best attendance for the past few seasons. Honestly, I think that if the park were dying, they would not be having any desire to run Haunt at the park, or have a very minimalist approach to it. We all saw what happened last season though, more attention was given to enhance the park's overall atmosphere. But now it seams that because Invertigo's plug was pulled, it's the end of the world for the park. We saw what happened after Stealth was relocated, something was added in...though it was still under Paramount's ownership, a major ride was pulled so it could 'open up new opportunities for the park.' Please don't get me wrong, but this is my personal opinion on what I've seen since last week, and what I seem to keep hearing from the general public.

rant>

And to add to that... didn't CF report that attendance increased at this park over last year by something like 11%? Even without adding anything major attendance STILL INCREASED! You could say that its because of haunt or whatever but numbers don't lie and just imagine what would happen with attendance WHEN a new coaster gets put in.

If CGA got a ZacSpin, I'd be more than happy to forgive them for removing Invertigo. And hey, it's compact! I'm totally sold on a ZacSpin after watching TPR's POV of Insane at Grona Land.

I'm not against getting a Windseeker, actually I think it would be great for the park to have a 200ft version of it. If they could add a Windseeker along with a coaster, that would be icing on the cake.

And to add to that... didn't CF report that attendance increased at this park over last year by something like 11%? Even without adding anything major attendance STILL INCREASED! You could say that its because of haunt or whatever but numbers don't lie and just imagine what would happen with attendance WHEN a new coaster gets put in.

Exactly. If the attendance rises that much for something that lasts only a few weekends in one month (Haunt), I would imagine that it would skyrocket with a new coaster. It's a great market out there, Cedar Fair just needs to further tap into it.

Sounds like DP will get invertigo....which means if KD get's something new in 2012 it won't be that ride.

Kings Dominion 2012 - Windseeker!

Oh and this situation with sending Invertigo to Dorney Park (in my opinion) is just another stupid Cedar Fair decision...

What makes you think KD will get a windseeker in 2012? it would make a great addition to their flat ride collection should it come to pass however.

Not trying to call anyone out, but I am curious to know when a statement about the increase in attendance was released? I was underthe impression Cedar Fair did not release attendance numbers or percentages fo individual parks. I checked here, and this, but the latter makes no mention of where the information was obtained. I'm just curious to know, because being the skeptic I am, I find it hard to believe attendance would raise at all with no major improvement.

I don't know where that 11% came from, but according to http://cedarfair.com/ir/press_releases/index.cfm , the western region parks overall got a 9.7% increase in attendance. I'm assuming the only parks in the western region are CGA, KBF, and the Soak CIty water parks? I don't know if Gilroy Gardens is counted in the increase.

I said something like 11% because I could not remember the number. But the point is, even if it was small, attendance DID increase.

the park isnt gonna get a coaster but we r getting something this year, however it might just be making the haunt bigger, CGA believes that it can be better then Knotts Scary Farm and it seems like in the next few years they are gonna make it bigger and bigger, the park isnt going anywhere, it has a lease for that land to be use for amusement purposes for the next 90 years. I got a job there this year and have talked to the head of rides and he gave me alot of info on whats coming and should have come to GA over the years, im looking forward to working with him more and more and learning as much as I can

the park isnt gonna get a coaster but we r getting something this year, however it might just be making the haunt bigger, CGA believes that it can be better then Knotts Scary Farm and it seems like in the next few years they are gonna make it bigger and bigger, the park isnt going anywhere, it has a lease for that land to be use for amusement purposes for the next 90 years. I got a job there this year and have talked to the head of rides and he gave me alot of info on whats coming and should have come to GA over the years, im looking forward to working with him more and more and learning as much as I can

Eventhough there has not been an announcement you suddenly know what the park is getting? Why would they spill the beans to a new hire, that doesn't make any sense. Btw, the lease was for 50 not 90 years. That error alone makes me not believe what you are saying.