TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

I'm a little shocked this coaster isn't open yet, but that's good to hear it should be a matter of days now. I actually cannot remember the last time Cedar Fair opened a new roller coaster in June.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If people would say , “The capital originally intended for CGA was repurposed for KI instead”, that makes more sense. But saying a coaster went to park A instead of park B... there’s absolutely no way

Oh yeah, no complaints alright. I just hope all this virus crap doesn't affect our 2021.

Just found out not too long ago the parks in our area can reopen but Santa Clara county is forcing them to stay shut. In other news, scbb might be the first to open under newsoms new guidelines. 

Posted Images

I'm a little shocked this coaster isn't open yet, but that's good to hear it should be a matter of days now. I actually cannot remember the last time Cedar Fair opened a new roller coaster in June.
I'm just shocked they haven't announced the date yet considering they have riders on it, even if they are employees.
I'm just shocked they haven't announced the date yet considering they have riders on it, even if they are employees.

I agree, it's weird, leads me to speculate that there's something going on similar to what happened with gold striker - though the ride is ready to go, city and/or state may not yet have given it the go ahead to operate, so it just can't open to the public yet.

I was at the park today and here is a trip report. Whitewater Falls was closed throughout the time I was there (surprising considering how hot it was), while Patriot was down on two separate occasions before I saw it open early afternoon. Also did the go-karts, which I've rarely done. I was told H.M.B. Endeavor was torn down to make way for the water park expansion. There were people riding RailBlazer in the afternoon. It might have been a media event, as I saw what looked to be non-employees on the ride. I was surprised it wasn't more crowded considering the Red, White & Brews event was taking place.

It's definitely employee only status at the moment, but employees may have been able to bring a +1. Either way, with employees riding now, it will be open very very soon.

I got a free unlimited rides wristband voucher for SCBB tonight at the SF Giants game which is awesome, as I was planning to visit SCBB at the same time when I go down to CGA to ride Railblazer. That will save me $40!

It was strictly employees (we had to show our IDs to get in line, many of us were on our day off so we weren't in uniform (like myself). Scored 6 rides yesterday. It is insane.

Which park is better to visit on a Sunday in late July, in terms of crowds: SFDK or CGA? We're currently putting together a NorCal itinerary and we have a choice between doing one park on Sunday and the other on Monday. Is there much of a difference? We want to avoid Fast Lane/Flash Pass since neither of these parks are really big and it's not a "once in a lifetime opportunity", however it is our first time in NorCal. Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

Employees riding doesn't mean anything. Employees are exempt from the state law requiring approval from the state to ride. They could still be days or weeks away depending on a lot of factors.

Employees riding doesn't mean anything. Employees are exempt from the state law requiring approval from the state to ride. They could still be days or weeks away depending on a lot of factors.

The dipping dots guy (guy working the stand with Railblazer beer) said 2 weeks. Was one of the employees who rode. Sounded totally reliable /sarcasm.

The fences are back up around the entrance to RailBlazer and the end of the lift hill (the part that sticks out into the walkway). Cherry pickers? there behind the fence. So they have to add something to it so it won't drop anything on people? (Sorry, just my uneducated guess).

Here at the passholder preview for Railblazer, and I can confirm these RMC Raptors ride just as insane as they look. The airtime is ridiculously strong ejector, the dive loop whips you around in the best way possible, the whole ride is paced perfectly with it’s crazy speed (very happy it didn’t end up trimmed ) For sure a top 10 coaster, if you’re near NorCal or San Antonio and haven’t ridden a Raptor yet, get out there and ride!!!

09C07276-1350-4F29-B500-0FBF06CAD6EA.thumb.jpeg.f06985e6e28e6a9d6644c6af4c9386e8.jpeg

38A9497F-EDE0-4C75-B28B-BBFC33513736.thumb.jpeg.6a0acde2261578b8514c71a7f72d2f9d.jpeg

FC564AE3-9EE0-4C9D-9834-AEAA7C867B7A.thumb.jpeg.47fa8432cb0db0b61c8c442ac8bab648.jpeg

We've got an official opening date. Now I debate if I want to brave the opening day crowds, or wait (though, thanks to the Presidents' Day sale, I can arm myself with a FastLane).

351346313_ScreenShot2018-06-09at4_28_42PM.png.29befd20b7335478554b49bbe2704d26.png

6 rides today. Here’s my hot take: This thing has insane pacing and is likely my favorite coaster in California (I’ve been on them all) and is in my top tier of 11 RMCs. Will post more thoughts later

6 rides today. Here’s my hot take: This thing has insane pacing and is likely my favorite coaster in California (I’ve been on them all) and is in my top tier of 11 RMCs. Will post more thoughts later

Sounds exactly what I thought about Wonder Woman. The pacing on these Raptors is insane.

BEtter than X2 or Twisted Colossus?
How is the speed of load/unload/queue going so far? Will there be single riders? Be able to choose seats, or assigned?
I would assume it would be similar to SFFT and Wonder Women. Hopefully someone post.
How is the speed of load/unload/queue going so far? Will there be single riders? Be able to choose seats, or assigned?

They were pumping out trains quickly Saturday, the stand-by line never reached more than an hour from what I saw. Single rider was available, but I’m almost certain they are going to change the process as groups who went through the single rider line (Fastlane queue) were able to be seated immediately, sometimes even with priority seating. Using the single rider line was almost like having a free Fastlane. I didn’t see anyone who waited in the stand-by line not be able to get the row they wanted, either.

Also I can vouch for RB probably being the best coaster in the state. Other than Skyrush no other coaster has left me stunned questioning how the ride is even real. Seriously, it's very, very good.