TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Just seeing how it's running is getting me excited. Other than that, im ready for my opening day, got my season long fast lane. Can I reserve my spot on GS now?

I'd also like to add, is anyone going to be here for the opening day festivities?

The park just announced Patriot will open April 1st. I knew that something like this would happen. Seems typical for CGA to have delayed openings for their new rides. First Firefall, then Gold Striker and Mass Effect, and now this. I'm not complaining or anything (wasn't truly looking that forward to Patriot), but it seems like a pattern going on with this park.

I was only using GS as an example because it's the most notable delay. Yes, it may have been because of Prudential but it's still a delay none the less. Mass Effect had a delay only because this was tech that the park hasn't seen before and wanted to make sure that everything would work on day 1 when it opened.

Anyways, anybody going on opening day that would want to hangout?

I understood and even forgave the delays to Gold Striker since this was the first time they had built a coaster in years plus all the stuff they had to put up with the neighboring buildings (and I can also forgive ME's delay because of the new technology). And yes, a delay by only a week isn't that bad especially for something like Patriot, I'm just saying that I've been seeing a pattern with these delayed openings.

Anyways, anybody going on opening day that would want to hangout?

I was planning to go on opening day to meet up with some Facebook fans, however my family might have other plans and I have no means of transportation to get there at the moment. So it's unclear right now.

Honestly, this was a lot earlier than I was expecting.

Same exact thoughts. Has there ever been a ride that opened on the first day of the season? Going off memory, most new attractions open Spring Break- Memorial Day in California. Not sure exactly where the disappointment is coming from but since it's just a rebranding of a coaster I understand thinking they should have had it ready for opening day. It actually makes me more excited to go to the park before Summer as I haven't been able to ride Mass Effect yet due to it being closed during both Halloween & Christmas (my only 2 visits of 2016).

I'm loving that shirt I might have to get one myself despite it being technically correct

Honestly, this was a lot earlier than I was expecting.

Same exact thoughts. Has there ever been a ride that opened on the first day of the season? Going off memory, most new attractions open Spring Break- Memorial Day in California. Not sure exactly where the disappointment is coming from but since it's just a rebranding of a coaster I understand thinking they should have had it ready for opening day. It actually makes me more excited to go to the park before Summer as I haven't been able to ride Mass Effect yet due to it being closed during both Halloween & Christmas (my only 2 visits of 2016).

I'm loving that shirt I might have to get one myself despite it being technically correct

Florida rides seem like they open later than California rides.

For CA rides, Goliath (SFMM) opened in February 2000 (kind of odd unless they wanted to beat MF).

Including Patriot, it looks like 2017 will be a rare year in which three new major American coasters (Patriot, Invadr, Mystic Timbers) will be open before Easter (then again, Easter is late this year)