TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

I was just at work yesterday and one of the contractors fir winterfest came in. I asked if he could say anything, but alas he only said whatever is on the site or that you can see is all I can tell you. Other than that, it'll be awesome.

^^And yes, I'm probably gonna buy two of them. One for me and the other for my gf, we need travel cups badly.

15129429_10154258903718155_6333198433928700373_o.jpg

Gold Striker is decorated for Christmas. This is looking great!

Also, we have a map...

ga_winterfest_map.jpg

It seems that Candycane Lane will be through the backstage areas and will create a convenient loop.

wow I LOVE the idea of decorating the top of the tunnel like that, very creative! Can't wait for Kings Island's winterfest to open next year!

A few things I take away from this...

1) Why wouldn't you run the 3D Theater? It's an indoor attraction with heat. That's pretty puzzling. I'm also surprised that FireFall and Orbit are closed.

2) Patriot seems like it will be added next year for sure given the location.

3) Delta Flyer/Eagle's Flight should be open as a round trip journey. Great Adventure hit a home run with this this year and most of it's path would be over decorated areas. Hopefully next year they realize this if it proves to be a success at Great Adventure.

4) I'm intrigued by the Holly Jolly Trolley. It seems like a really cute idea.

5) Not all of Planet Snoopy is open, it seems like they're being really conservative with this event. Still, I think it'll be a hit and hopefully they'll continue to expand it.

So jealous that the park is open since my home Park is CP... Looks great though! I'm curious about how smooth Gold Striker and Flight Deck are running since it's later in the season than usual and those trains will have more laps on them than usual.

Well I'm in line for Gold Striker right now, its on one train op but it totally makes sense. Not sure about Flight Deck, but I'll for sure post another update once I'm home.

First time ever in the Bay Area, and first time ever at CGA. Just happened to go during opening night of Winterfest. Absolutely loved it! It was done really well. Gold Striker was amazing, smooth, forceful, and so far the best GCI coaster I've been on. Flight Deck was very fun at night.

CGA was millions better than the other park in the Bay Area ... and even though Joker was really fun, it's probably ranked as my least Favorite RMC to date.

For those who have been to both, how does CGA event compare with SF HITP?

I haven't don't HITP in awhile but I do remember it. But I may be biased on this opinion, as CGA is my home park. But from everything that saw last night and what I did, I'd say it was better on a lot of aspects and details. I'll probably have a better answer next week when I see more shows and taste the seasonal foods.

IMG_1214.thumb.JPG.de07b7cb4b4c0540ea4a9204d90bd2d2.JPG

Meanwhile, I'll leave you guys with this "Elfie" as Jack Frost said as he was walking by.

For those who have been to both, how does CGA event compare with SF HITP?

I haven't don't HITP in awhile but I do remember it. But I may be biased on this opinion, as CGA is my home park. But from everything that saw last night and what I did, I'd say it was better on a lot of aspects and details. I'll probably have a better answer next week when I see more shows and taste the seasonal foods.

Thanks! Any other opinions from other folks?

So jealous that the park is open since my home Park is CP... Looks great though! I'm curious about how smooth Gold Striker and Flight Deck are running since it's later in the season than usual and those trains will have more laps on them than usual.

Just assume every B&M invert is running flawlessly 100% of the time. I've never had a rough ride on one of those things, they constantly deliver.