TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

I would hit six flags on the Friday as the wait for superman on the weekend can get lengthy. And when you go to cga the following day you can generally tell what kind of day it will be by how the parking lot looks if you would need fast lane. But also take a quick lap around the park to see what the lines are looking like.

CGA has only 1 single rider line (fused with Fast Lane) over at Delirium. Many rides though may ask for a party of 1 as you approach the station. (Can 1 person really be considered a party? Question to ponder...)

I wonder if Delirium's SR line is just a test and perhaps the park will roll out more SR lines.

Deliriums Sr line is indeed a test to see how it works out this season. Next season, we can expect to see more Sr lines around the park.

When I visited on Thursday, I was very happy when I saw the Single Rider line for Delirium. I was prepared to wait in the (lengthy) regular line and was greeted by the sign instructing single riders to use Fast Lane. Since I was by myself it was perfect, was able to get right on the next cycle. I really hope it gets implemented on other rides in the park (Especially Gold Striker!).

When I visited on Thursday, I was very happy when I saw the Single Rider line for Delirium. I was prepared to wait in the (lengthy) regular line and was greeted by the sign instructing single riders to use Fast Lane. Since I was by myself it was perfect, was able to get right on the next cycle. I really hope it gets implemented on other rides in the park (Especially Gold Striker!).

I frequently fly solo so if all rides were "single riders just use fast lane" boy would that just be a perfect world for me

Zombie High's structure is now up. It's a clone of Madame Marie's shed.

Extremely busy at the park today. At 10:30, Gold Striker's line was stretching into Star Tower's entrance, and didn't get much better throughout the day. Even Centrifuge's overflow was full!

Although, Boomerang Bay was dead from 11-1, which led to some mini-ERT on all the slides.

Zombie High's structure is now up. It's a clone of Madame Marie's shed.

Extremely busy at the park today. At 10:30, Gold Striker's line was stretching into Star Tower's entrance, and didn't get much better throughout the day. Even Centrifuge's overflow was full!

Although, Boomerang Bay was dead from 11-1, which led to some mini-ERT on all the slides.

Crazy that the crowds were like this on a Sunday, im guessing everyone is getting in one last visit before school starts.

Had another great day at the park, crowds were light. Only line that I really had to wait in was Gold Striker. Thought id announce that I have 198 rides as of today and I was on the last train of the night and had it all to myself.

Have you noticed a change in the way GS rides comparing your first few rides to your last few? 198 rides should be a good gauge to see if it has changed since it is broken in now.

Had another great day at the park, crowds were light. Only line that I really had to wait in was Gold Striker. Thought id announce that I have 198 rides as of today and I was on the last train of the night and had it all to myself.

Have you noticed a change in the way GS rides comparing your first few rides to your last few? 198 rides should be a good gauge to see if it has changed since it is broken in now.

I'd say that GS has changed A LOT, I can definitely tell that it's running a hell of a lot faster than it was during the promo shoot.

Out of the 115 rides (Still quite a bit of rides) it seems to be breaking in nicely, and the airtime feels like it's gotten more potent ever since the promo shoot back in late April. We can't forget the nice amount of positives and laterals this ride's been offering as well.

It's been quite a while since the promo shoot. Shouldn't there be a few more coming up?

I was at the park the other day and it was complete dead since school had started up. Gold Striker had a 10-15 minute wait and most of the other rides were just a walkon.

A couple new things I noticed on my visit:

image.thumb.jpg.d714357b388c2f191578fc9de274cd0c.jpg

Outside Gold Striker gifts there are these themed TNT planter boxes.

image.thumb.jpg.2a440b5853ad3197966d3584e7e82bd8.jpg

Close up of the barrel.

image.thumb.jpg.8eb1959561b0eddeb5c171c58229c0ac.jpg

The building for Zombie High is up, the maze should start going up in a couple weeks:

image.thumb.jpg.caeccc4832cd5f9f8201d87dca9f43f1.jpg

During Labor Day weekend the park is having a guest appreciation event, $15 for all you can eat meal!

^ Holy crap, that day was insanely PACKED. Most of my visits to the park aren't even close to as packed as that day. Only other day it was that packed (though still not to the extent of AAA day in 2012) was the first Wednesday of April where rolercstrluvr and I waited for 45 minutes just for lunch and most queues were over a half hour long.

^ Holy crap, that day was insanely PACKED. Most of my visits to the park aren't even close to as packed as that day. Only other day it was that packed (though still not to the extent of AAA day in 2012) was the first Wednesday of April where rolercstrluvr and I waited for 45 minutes just for lunch and most queues were over a half hour long.

That was actually probably the BUSIEST day I saw at the park excluding Haunt. When lines spill out onto the wooden walkway for Logger's...that says a lot!

Random photos from last year's AAA day...the day that you, Blue Fire Guy, joined the clan!

IMG_1123.jpg.1cdbb11e8e06dacd3e621f2ee26b9001.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg.8cdc1d8c887db30ee19f8a918c09619a.jpg

Rapids spilling out into midway

IMG_1184.jpg.fb93857a76fe6865d0dde1fe44c1d0e5.jpg

Full lot (Last year's configuration)

IMG_1181.jpg.b5ae1cfc0aa161a0d058928c38f9c811.jpg

Crazy line for Logger's

IMG_1173.jpg.15aa6a1856a63d149c33d16013d0ff89.jpg

And a #throwbackthursday photo, a nice getaway from the crowded paths :)