TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

I guess that makes sense, the current staircase is worn, the wood has seen better days. Maybe they had to replace it because of safety concearns due to its condition. Eh, whatever.

Not the reason behind it, you'll have to wait until opening to find out (No idea if half of what I wrote has any typos, seems this ad placement covers half of my reply...

I guess that makes sense, the current staircase is worn, the wood has seen better days. Maybe they had to replace it because of safety concearns due to its condition. Eh, whatever.

Not the reason behind it, you'll have to wait until opening to find out (No idea if half of what I wrote has any typos, seems this ad placement covers half of my reply...

Oh, so new configuration then?

Weather-wise, it's not looking too good for this weekend...got rain beginning Thursday, spreading into the weekend and into next week...Come on Mother Nature, you had all winter to give us rain but no...you decide to give us rain when it's time for us to start planning outdoor activities.

Being opening day with light crowds and the amount of rain to come, I'm not sure how park operations are going to be (as in possibility of closing prematurely). I do know/am aware of going down to single train operation and the increased technical difficulties...and last I knew/experienced, CGA made their best efforts to keep rides running when it was raining and only had to stop (or did they) when it got too heavy. I just remember the unique experiences riding Drop Tower, Logger's Run, and Invertigo while it was pouring rain...and finally decided to take shelter on the carousel.

All I can do is hope that Sunday will be a 'pause' between storms or the 60% rain will slim down to even 10-20%.

My first thought about the new staircase is for Fast Lane. Kings Island's GM recently tweeted a picture of the footers for a Fast Lane staircase for their Vortex, so I could see other CF parks adding new staircases to accommodate the program.

I'm curious to see how the Fast Lane performs. I guess those spontaneous busy summer days would be a good reason...plus a single day non pass holder would be most likely to do this. The days I visit however only seem to have 30 minute waits.

And they took the rain out of Sunday!

I think its a great idea for the Fast Lane to be implemented into all of the Cedar Fair parks. Im not sure how busy the park can get during the summer because I tend to go on the off days. I think the system will be awesome during Haunt especially if they have Fright Lane, that would help a lot also.