TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

^Knotts isn't necessarily an epic fail, just a different targeted audience. It's an overall nice park, and the only rides we went on over and over again were Xcelerator and Montezooma's Revenge. The other coasters were alright, but Silver Bullet is an epic fail.

Anyways, I don't think Cedar Fair is going to give up on CGA; at least not yet. Once they get the whole noise issue resolved with that retarded company next door, I'm sure they will get their stuff together.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope CGA finally does get some sort of coaster in that spot. Maybe after Thrustair presumably losing out to noise, and then a wooden coaster, a quieter option* will arise. All the new additions to the park are very classy, and operations seem to be on a great track.

*Maverick type with scream tubes if there is any justice in this world! Probably 10 million over what CF will allocate though.

^Either retrack the whole thing, or GIANT BONFIRE!

Anyways, I can't wait to see what's in store for next year. However, I just think it will probably be a new show or something. I enjoyed the addition of the Summer ice show. Hopefully we can see some more entertainment.

I pray they ditch Vortex. I never see a line when I attend the park, the queue still stinks for some reason , and to be honest its not a great ride IMO.

It's too bad the woodie isn't coming next year, a major ride is just what the park needs to generate some more interest/attention. The add of the water park was cool, but our Raging Waters park has better rides and its in the area. Take out Vortex and give us something exciting!

If they were going to take it out, what kind of ride/coaster do you think would fit the area? and how the theme of its location in the park should play out in its premise/name.

If they ever do get the new woodie, that means the park will stay around longer. They could wait a year or two, then remove Grizzly and Vortex (both of which are terrible rides - Vortex hurts more than Grizzly), and build a small B&M hyper over that area of the park and run it down the center where Greased Lightnin used to be. Use the special noise resistant track like on Talon, and the problem of bitchy neighbors will be less of a hassle in getting it built.

Vortex is kind of fun IMO, just REALLY rough. Unless they can fix that, they should replace it. Given Vortex's very small footprint, I think a Eurofighter would be a perfect replacement. And as for Grizzly there's nothing else to say about how bad it is than what was already said.

I pray they ditch Vortex. I never see a line when I attend the park, the queue still stinks for some reason
Haven't been on it in like 3 years, but as I remember the exit's perpetual cotton candy and vomit stench was pretty awful. I wouldn't miss Vortex except for the awesome drop-turn to corkscrew insanity bit, which would be sad to lose.

I pray they ditch Vortex. I never see a line when I attend the park, the queue still stinks for some reason
Haven't been on it in like 3 years, but as I remember the exit's perpetual cotton candy and vomit stench was pretty awful. I wouldn't miss Vortex except for the awesome drop-turn to corkscrew insanity bit, which would be sad to lose.

you would miss anything? That ride is pure pain. Take em both out for sure (anything some cool new stuff is put in)

I'm hoping that means expanding the park into the main lot or at the very least a couple or 3 awesome new coasters. Whatever it is I am exited for my park's future and I am sure they will find a way to get more coasters in there... bitchy neighbors or not I would guess management is leaning that way and they know it's time for Grizzly to be replaced. They already refurbished one theater and are painting another one. Could this mean the Pictorium is next? I always enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking on the CGA website blog for an announcement today. None yet, but as i was looking at the rides list to see how old Vortex was looking, (i think they're going to take it out) I noticed "Drop Tower" has now been renamed "Drop Tower Scream Zone." Has it always been named this? Or is this just another creative move by CF?