TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

The point is I really don't want to see a spinning coaster which is something I can't go on. Including a Windseeker. Plus Survivor er Tiki Twril was 2006. Firewall is a ride that flips which was 2008. So I highly dought it will be a Zac Spin or any type of spinny ride. I am really,really,really hoping not. I like the Eurofighter idea though. What about a Flight Of Fear in the old Pictorium?

What is your deal?! You always post the most random and pointless posts here. You keep throwing out the same ideas all the time and we understand what you want and what you don't want. Oh, and it's called FireFall, not FireWall.

^That's just what I was thinking. Post your opinion once and leave it at that.

That said, a Zacspin seems to make sense in this space. I know the space backwards and forwards after working at Invertigo for 3 years. So if they decide to put a coaster there, a Zacspin would fit perfectly. Of course, what do I know? For all I know, the park may close next season, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

The point is I really don't want to see a spinning coaster which is something I can't go on. Including a Windseeker. Plus Survivor er Tiki Twril was 2006. Firewall is a ride that flips which was 2008. So I highly dought it will be a Zac Spin or any type of spinny ride. I am really,really,really hoping not. I like the Eurofighter idea though. What about a Flight Of Fear in the old Pictorium?

What is your deal?! You always post the most random and pointless posts here. You keep throwing out the same ideas all the time and we understand what you want and what you don't want. Oh, and it's called FireFall, not FireWall.

It really didn't bother me, and I totally agree that they need a coaster, not another flat spinning ride.

FireWall: The Ride - Stamp out viruses, spyware, and other intrusion attacks while you twist and spin at a height of 60 feet!

To be honest, I seriously wish greatamerica1990sfan was running the park. Her ideas are amazing!

I recorded this on my iphone and put it on youtube so sorry for the quality but does anybody notice something odd about this commercial? ( I do know what it is wrong with it just so everyone knows)

The only things different is that Vortex is no longer green, Woodstock Express (Runaway Reptar) is no longer orange, and the Top Spin belongs to Kings Dominion. Otherwise, the video is accurate in showcasing the parks rides.

Could be the former green Vortex. The top spin also looked different to me as well. And at the end of the commercial: Invertigo silhouette! I actually saw this commercial yesterday at work on my lunch break and the first 'wrong thing' I noticed was the coaster at the end.

Thank god, that is the only thing I noticed in that commercial is that they used invertigo at the end. I actually paused it to see and was like OMG NO WAY.

Ok, this is too funny. Somebosy just asked "is invertigo going to be open this weekend?" on CGA's Facebook page. I guess they're a little behind.

It may be funny to people off this site buy like most parks the main draws are from general public who don't follow along in theme park news. I'd feel bad for anyone going down there expecting it to still be up.

^, ^^ Before I joined TPR, I had just moved to the bay area in August of 2005 and drove around Great America for 45 minutes trying to catch a peek at Stealth. Actually, I thinks thats how i found TPR originally!

I do miss Green Vortex as well, looked way better than it does now.

Well CGA's Facebook is covered with posts like "bring Invertigo back" and stuff similar to that. In my opinion you'd think they would look at surrounding posts just to see what's going on... Well, I would anyway.

About the Green vortex, this was probably the best image that could be found in its green state. This was posted a while back on CGA's Facebook.

566854528_greenvortex.jpg.2c9c0b03d6b40ff4bb928c5da3a2addc.jpg

On CGA's Wikipedia page, someone added "Halloween Haunt Expansion" on the timeline for this year.

But then again, it IS Wikipedia. I've seen things like "A canopy has been added over Vortex's station for the 2010 season" and "Survivor has been renamed The Crypt," so take this with a grain of salt.

Regarding Vortex, the white and pink color scheme...er "yellow and purple," is in a dire need of a repaint. I never saw the green in person, but it looks great in the pictures, would like to see a comeback.

Look like the restraints were quite different. Would anyone happen to know the exact year when Vortex got repainted aside from knonwing it was "late ninties"?

I want to say it was around 1998. Tidal Wave got renamed Greased Lightning that season as well and got new paint. The green did look awesome back then, looked much more intimidating. Now it's got more of a less intimidating color.

Look like the restraints were quite different. Would anyone happen to know the exact year when Vortex got repainted aside from knonwing it was "late ninties"?

I want to say it was around 1998. Tidal Wave got renamed Greased Lightning that season as well and got new paint. The green did look awesome back then, looked much more intimidating. Now it's got more of a less intimidating color.

Maybe that was the point in repainting it????