TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

I think what most people forget about the Grizzly isn't that it was JUST rough - it was it's lack of doing anything that contributed to it's suck factor. Remember, that it's a mirror image of Grizzly at Kings Dominion, and you can see the elements missing (Double Bunny Hill, Tunnel). Most of the ride was "smoothed out" from the KD design to be more gentle...but once the roughness came into play - all bets were off.

I think what most people forget about the Grizzly isn't that it was JUST rough - it was it's lack of doing anything that contributed to it's suck factor. Remember, that it's a mirror image of Grizzly at Kings Dominion, and you can see the elements missing (Double Bunny Hill, Tunnel). Most of the ride was "smoothed out" from the KD design to be more gentle...but once the roughness came into play - all bets were off.

Yes it's more like riding a super bumpy train ride than a roller coasters

what if instead of a windseeker they get something like skyhawk and a compact coaster. skyhawk isn't to intimidating if your scared of heights (like me). Well I'm scared of heights in the form of drop towers and windseekers.

Anyway.... what do you guys think a windseeker or a skyhawk type ride with a compact coaster

So here is my two cents about everyone saying CGA is going downhill and is going to end up like GL.

I don't think that is going to happen. If anything it's going to end up like astroworld, though thats not my point.

CGA has been having the noise complaints for years and has been battling the 49ners for ? years. Also look at SCBB thats been going for a century (as someone else has already stated) and from the SCBB forum thread they are taking down a building and rumored to be taking out hurricane. I think CGA is like SCBB its going to keep going.

CF wouldnt have given new flat rides, retracking grizzly, tried to get a new custom woodie in 2008, expanded haunt to close it down. Let's trust CF and CGA if anything I'd be more worried about what the city of santa clara would make CF do

another reason I don't think CGA is going the route of GL:

according to RCDB: http://www.rcdb.com/4541.htm that many coasters have been taken out

according to wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California%27s_Great_America#Past_rides

If people had the internet back in the earlier times, I bet that all the reactions to a ride being taken out would be the same. I don't remember who said it, but CF is a business. IMO i dont think they have left CGA out to die. oh and firefall was relocated from GL.

So here is my two cents about everyone saying CGA is going downhill and is going to end up like GL.

I don't think that is going to happen. If anything it's going to end up like astroworld, though thats not my point.

CGA has been having the noise complaints for years and has been battling the 49ners for ? years. Also look at SCBB thats been going for a century (as someone else has already stated) and from the SCBB forum thread they are taking down a building and rumored to be taking out hurricane. I think CGA is like SCBB its going to keep going.

CF wouldnt have given new flat rides, retracking grizzly, tried to get a new custom woodie in 2008, expanded haunt to close it down. Let's trust CF and CGA if anything I'd be more worried about what the city of santa clara would make CF do

Yeah I agree I don't think they are going to close it down they are just taking some time to figure out what they can do with the park. The couldn't build the GCI in the planned location and removing Grizzly or Demon would present the same problem, I guarantee if they were to tear either of those down it would be a huge battle to build anything new there. The only option for anything new would have been to clear up a spot away from those Nazi businesses along the side of the park

^Paramount installed Delirium.

True but CF didn't look around & say "ohh we can't have this ride in KI anymore when we have it at CP" it just doesn't work that way & if the ride is bringing in the crowds then that's what matters.

Remember this is the chain that intends to move invertigo to a park that already has an invert & an impulse so stranger things can & have happened.

Nooooo!

Actually, I'm kind of glad to see most of the ride's covered by trees...makes it a little less depressing.

I really hope Cedar Fair are playing their cards right and are making the right choice in regards to Cedar Fair...hoping their choice in frustrating many of their fans and the bay area as a whole comes with something worth doing so.

Haha! Got it to work, gotta love Firefox!