TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

^^Exactly. The lease is set to expire in the 2030's I believe. And no way in hell would ANY upper management at ANY park release ANY information, let alone to a new employee. There is no credibility to that information provided, and I don't believe it for a second.

I kind of have a feeling 2011 will be the 'transitional' season we'll be experiencing, and 2012 will be a notable season with any new additions that we may see. I kind of have a feeling we'll see a new Haunt maze this season and probably some enhancements to the existing mazes or atmosphere. It would be kind of cool to see CGA and Knotts be 'rival parks' when it comes to Haunt season...but CGA needs to build up their collection of mazes first.

Someone mentioned that CGA won't be getting a coaster at all for 2012 and I know where I saw that very post. I was on Facebook the other day and noticed that Coasterforce actually tagged CGA in their post in regards to removing Invertigo...and they stated CGA will not be getting a new coaster in 2012, but I don't know where they got that info or if the game of Telephone is going on sprouting up from that LA Times article we all saw that noted that the GCI coaster is not part of the 2012 action. Again, where LA Times got that info I'm not sure...unless someone's leaking information somewhere.

ya your right sorry, but as I said it was just what he was telling me, he told me 90 years I took his word for it, and he never told me anything important he just told me that he wants great america to be better then knotts scary farm, thats their goal, and that just makes me think that they will be adding on to it this year, its my opinion just like u guys have and also rides that we should have got that we didnt, its not a huge deal and im not trying to make it one, im just writing here cuz this is where people actully care about the park

also re reading my post I put that he gave me alot of info and thats kinda true, he gave me lots of info about what we might have got, sorry about that, really it was just cool to hear about what were suppose to get kinda makes u wonder what might have been. Of course he didnt tell me anything huge about the future, just about the haunt and I just had it in my mind he was saying that it was gonna get bigger, he never said anything, kinda random but how would u guys feel about a dark ride, maybe like a shooter one, idk what their called but that might be cool in invertigo old spot, dont know if its big enough

I think a Dark Ride is the last thing that CGA needs right now. I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool but the park has more important things it could be adding. I think CGA realizes that if they add a Dark Ride in 2012, people will be furious. Also, I'd check your spelling before you post before one of the mods call you out on it. Just thought I'd let you know.

Agreed about the Dark Ride situation. Down the road, would be cool...use the Imax for that though. We get enough dark ride experiences with Haunt (though they're technically not rides). Maybe if they wanted a kid friendly dark ride, they can get rid of the river thing and put something there. Honestly, I've only seen/checked that river thing out once out of all the times I've been to CGA.

^sjsharkattack, spelling and grammar is driving me crazy.

I could see them either getting a Windseeker, but then again there's one down at Knott's. I could see them either getting a major flat ride or a medium-sized coaster.

Edited by Ccron10

Wouldn't something like Kanonen fit nicely in that spot. Im still not ruling out a Windseeker even though there will be one at Knott's and a similar ride at SFDK . . . I have a great example for you Delerium and Max Air . . . perhaps they will surprise us with a new coaster and a Windseeker replacing Skytower

^From a ride op's point of view, I'd rather they keep Sky Tower in the park. As it is, we already have enough parents complaining about high height requirements for the rides. Sky Tower is one of the family rides that doesn't have a height requirement, so it's one of the rides I can direct parents too. In that sense, Sky Tower should stay.

Also, Sky Tower is one of the few Marriott era rides left. It should stay for sentimental reasons as well.

I don't have any expectations at all. If you don't have your hopes up, you can't be disappointed.

I have a great example for you Delerium and Max Air . . .

Doesn't the park already have a Chance Revolution?

What is it, about seven hours between Knott's and CGA? That's plenty of distance to build a Windseeker at CGA and not be competing with KBF but with SFDK adding Skyscreamer, why should they? They need to add something that Six Flags doesn't have.

I think CF is aware that the park needs a new coaster and I'm sure it's in their long term plans if things work out for them regarding the stadium issue. I would like to see the park continue on.

Besides, who's idea was it allow office buildings to be built next to a theme park?

I have a great example for you Delerium and Max Air . . .

Doesn't the park already have a Chance Revolution?

What is it, about seven hours between Knott's and CGA? That's plenty of distance to build a Windseeker at CGA and not be competing with KBF but with SFDK adding Skyscreamer, why should they? They need to add something that Six Flags doesn't have.

I think CF is aware that the park needs a new coaster and I'm sure it's in their long term plans if things work out for them regarding the stadium issue. I would like to see the park continue on.

Besides, who's idea was it allow office buildings to be built next to a theme park?

I was referring to the Kings Island one and the fact that CP has the exact same ride

The amusing thing with NorCal and SoCal is that when I mentioned that there was another California Six Flags or another park owned by "the Knott's people" to those in SoCal, they thought I was a liar. When I mentioned SFMM and Knott's to friends in NorCal, most knew them both very well.

Something to consider in the "relative to what the other park is getting" argument.

That All Wheels Extreme was a pretty good show, I enjoyed it anyway. Too bad it's gone now. It was always cool to see the guys riding along in the midway doing tricks to entice people into actually checking out the show. Looks like we're still stuck with the karaoke show... nothing worse than hearing really bad singers while waiting in line on a nearby ride. On the other hand, it's too bad that all that's new for 2011 is a ride removal and a couple of show replacements. Hopefully Haunt will see something major (like a new maze, not a replacement of an existing maze). And hopefully 2012 will be the big year for us CGA fans.

Well, it would seem that people aren't posting excessively on this thread like before in response to the Invertigo incident...

Anyways, I don't think 2011 will be a "great" year for CGA, but I still look to getting a season pass for there and enjoying what the park still has. A new how replacing an old one isn't that appealing to anyone really. They could at least keep all of their shows and not just replace them with new ones, oh well. Anyone find it funny how the park kept some of it's worst coasters throughout time while at the same time removing all of the better coasters?

Well, it would seem that people aren't posting excessively on this thread like before in response to the Invertigo incident...

Anyways, I don't think 2011 will be a "great" year for CGA, but I still look to getting a season pass for there and enjoying what the park still has. A new how replacing an old one isn't that appealing to anyone really. They could at least keep all of their shows and not just replace them with new ones, oh well. Anyone find it funny how the park kept some of it's worst coasters throughout time while at the same time removing all of the better coasters?

What much else is there to talk about with Invertigo being gone? We've already beat the dead horse to death, lol.

I still plan on getting my pass as well. I will be looking forward to checking out the newly retracked Grizzly. They've been working on the first drop so it should be smoother than last season (which was much smoother than before).

Wait...Invertigo still appears to be standing, from what we can barely see. For all we know though, the cobra roll could be in the process of being dismantled. Plus, who knows when exactly the photos were taken.

Photos taken from CGA's Facebook