TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

I hope we don't get a Splash Battle either. PLEASE NO!!! There are enough water rides plus Boomerang Bay. A Boomerang Bay expansion in the future would be so much better. Boomerang Bay really needs expansion. How soon will they make the announcement letting us know what it is? I want to find out now!!! I have an idea if it's a windseeker or splash battle we can all go down to the park to riot!!!

On a different note, CGA has finally posted off-season pics on their Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=262738&id=28442453154#!/album.php?aid=262738&id=28442453154

The retracking of Grizzly's first drop is looking good. Looks like CGA is serious about attempting to smooth the ride out.

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm most looking forward to riding the Grizzly this season...Can it be 2012 yet?

As of lately, I've actually been enjoying my rides on Grizzly. It has gotten much more enjoyable over the past 4 seasons I've been going. I used to dread that first drop because it would jackhammer and jolt you to death at the bottom. Imagine some nice floater air on the back seat followed by a nasty jolt. Ouch! Glad to see Grizzly getting some TLC. Now, let's see Vortex get some treatment! That one's gotten more rough over the past several seasons. I used to do several rides in a day and have dropped it down to 1 ride a day, sometimes skipping it depending on my mood.

^Grizzly was pretty good when I rode it in the morning during Bay Area Bash last year. It was a lot better then I remembered it being. I still prefer Roar over Grizzly, but that's not much of a comparison since they are fairly different.

Voodoo also doesn't have the themeing that Fire Fall has. And Voodoo is a minor attraction at SFDK while Fire Fall is a major attraction at CGA. Plus the differences in programming help to make the two rides stand apart from each other.

Im sure most of you already know that Invertigo is not going to ValleyFair here is just another quote that confirms it is not going there.

"CGA had to get rid of an old ride to make room for their upcoming ride. For Valleyfair to get a new ride, it's very possible we'd have to remove an old ride as well. We're just happy this year that we can add Planet Snoopy without losing any of the favorites elsewhere in the park." Quote from ValleyFair Facebook

Make room for an upcoming ride at CGA? Is ValleyFair confirming that it WILL be a ride by saying this and how would they know? Why would they spill the beans if CGA hasn't announced anything yet?

Hmm...seems a bit odd.

Im sure most of you already know that Invertigo is not going to ValleyFair here is just another quote that confirms it is not going there.

"CGA had to get rid of an old ride to make room for their upcoming ride. For Valleyfair to get a new ride, it's very possible we'd have to remove an old ride as well. We're just happy this year that we can add Planet Snoopy without losing any of the favorites elsewhere in the park." Quote from ValleyFair Facebook

Make room for an upcoming ride at CGA? Is ValleyFair confirming that it WILL be a ride by saying this and how would they know? Why would they spill the beans if CGA hasn't announced anything yet?

Hmm...seems a bit odd.

If that was an accidental leak of info, it was a pretty big oops.

I hope something impressive replaces Invertigo but, Im not getting my hopes up. At all. Actually I'm lowering them. Lower. And lower. And then raising them back to where they were before.

At least I'm pretty sure it won't be a twenty million dollar Maverick clone

"Windbreaker, the only farting, spinning, swing ride in the country. As every person has different flatulence, every ride will be different and unique. Diapers not required but suggested on this ride. CGA is not responsible for any loose articles lost on this ride or any rider leaking that may occur due to violent flatulence."

I know, it was terrible, but sooner or later somebody had to say it!

One more...

"Get your stench on! New for 2012, Windbreaker!"

"New for 2012, CGA introduces Windbreaker, an exciting high flying, stinky experience! Built on the former Invertigo spot, riders will climb up the 150' tower and soar in the clounds in free swinging open air seats while experiencing all the different possible smells that can emanate from the human body. (Note, this ride is best experienced on very hot, dry days when there is no breeze to get the full effect). Want to know what your friends had for lunch at the food court? No problem! Just strap yourself in and take a spin, you'll instantly discover whether they had the expensive corndogs, sushi, or pizza! And if going around in circles high above the ground doesn't make you puke, somebody's flatulence surely will! Windbreaker for 2012, the smelliest thing to ever come to the Silicon Valley!"

Yes even better indoors! Built in a building that is kept hot and humid, with a dirty stinky swamp surrounding it with water supplied by the park's sewage system! And as a special feature, lactose intolerant guests are given rancid, crunchy milk and old cheese 15-20 minutes before they are allowed to ride.

lol, no i get that... i was just trying to feel out how serious everyone was about the possibility that would really happen, as it seems pretty unlikely to me. I have no idea what to speculate would go there, but I for one hope it is a descent thrill ride, even if it's not a coaster... maybe a dark ride, simulator.... oooor, maybe a launched compact coaster? we will see....