TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Park's 35th...I wonder if anything will be coming in as it's a semi milestone anniversary. If they were to get a coaster or even a flat ride, wouldn't we have heard about it by now?

The park proposed for a new wooden coaster(possibly a GCI) but the neighbors conplaned and the coaster did not pass through. But hopefully CGA will get somthing new for the 2011/2012 sesion!

Deck Tower! That's it, perfect name! Just please don't name it tidal wave or something related, wouldn't be a nice reference to past rides...

Actually if they wanted to keep the masks and whatnot some name along the lines of voodoo or possessed would work. And the signage is already made if they renamed it as Possessed. No having to have someone generate new graphics to the ride signage, maybe some tweaks. .

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw this on KTVU news. Gavin Newsom, the San Francisco Mayor was being interviewed, and one of the things he said was that they are trying to come up with a new lease that would keep the 49ers in Candlestick park for at least 5 more years, which would be 2015/2016. I wonder, if passed, what that would mean for the park.

^CGA can't take much longer of this "Wait and See" mode. We NEED new things. Our attendance has dropped like crazy over the last four years or so. The park needs to do something to stay afloat.

I couldn't agree more.

CGA is the red headed stepchild of these former Paramount/Cedar Fair park. The park could take out Grizzly, they know very well that it's the worst wooden coaster in the world and yet, they couldn't seem to care less. Could someone explain why Cedar Fair hasn't invested in Great America compared to other former Paramount parks. I'd rather someone explain here than go through every page in this thread.

CGA is the red headed stepchild of these former Paramount/Cedar Fair park.

Not true. Even a ginger gets fed every now and then. CGA has been pretty much ignored for years.

Could someone explain why Cedar Fair hasn't invested in Great America compared to other former Paramount parks.

We will find aliens on other worlds before we that happens.

I really wish they would do something. It does have potential is they only invested some money into it. As for the stadium, I think it's a cop out to say that it will ruin the park. Sure the days there are events will cause problems, however, the events will bring in a ton of potential guests, and create advertising reaching tens of thousands of people. I would totally love to hang out in the park during the day and beat the traffic, and then go to an event. Also, I they just added an awesome ride, the increase in guests could more than make up for the few days they close due to an event. It's really sad though, I grew up with CGA and loved it. Now I rarely go.

We have good news for Haunt fans! We are releasing four orgional Haunt tracks to our devoted fans. Tracks include, Toy Factory, CarnEvil, Cornstalkers and Black Widows Cavern. All songs are 100% orgional and unique to Haunt at California's Great America.

Grab you copy today!

http://www.cagreatamerica.com/special/haunt/haunt_music.cfm

thanks!

Ironically, the worse the 49ers do, the better the chances for the park. No one wants to build a nice stadium for a team that perennially sucks.

Consider the immense amount of money these lawsuits and legal briefs are costing Cedar Fair. THAT'S a fairly good bet where your capital expenditures are going for CGA right now. Plus, why invest in a park that may not be there in 5 years AND is looking to be sold by Cedar Fair as soon as possible?