TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

The drop on Grizzly appears to have been retracked

I have a picture but am having issues uploading it

That's funny you mention that. I was at the park on Saturday, and my friend and I were in the very front and we were both bracing ourselves for a very bumpy ride. To our surprise, it was actually smooth. And it seemed like the train went through the 10 minute turnaround fairly quickly.

The drop on Grizzly appears to have been retracked

I have a picture but am having issues uploading it

That's funny you mention that. I was at the park on Saturday, and my friend and I were in the very front and we were both bracing ourselves for a very bumpy ride. To our surprise, it was actually smooth. And it seemed like the train went through the 10 minute turnaround fairly quickly.

So I'm not going crazy. When I went last week my dad and I sat in the very front and also experienced an abnormally smooth ride (except for the death turn, the one closest to the station that slams the rider on the right into the side). It was still slow and boring, but at least smoother.

Maybe it was because I went during the week & it was too early in the day for the fire on Survivor. Yep I sure heard in the Demon tunnel "Welcome to the Demon I hope you survive. Ha ha ha." Do you think CF would give us another coaster in 2010? Hopefully they see the long coaster drought CGA went through. But it seems doughtful since they're making a huge GCI woodie. But then again since were getting a flat this year.....it could be possible??? Here is the coaster timeline:

-The Whizzer 1976

-The Tidal Wave(Greased Lightnin) 1977

-The Demon 1980

-The Grizzly 1986

-Blue Streak (Green Slime Mime Car, Runaway Reptar) 1987

-Vortex 1991

-Top Gun 1993

-Invertigo 1998

-Taxi Jam 1999

-Stealth 2000

-Survivor? 2006

-New GCI Woodie 2009

-2010??? Hmmm

It would be cool if Demon's tunnel lit up once again. I believe all of those light sockets are still there. Why did they take out that effect anyway?

guests use to throw things at the lights and break them so the park had to remove them with the led lights we have now the effect may return.

Wow, so I wan't the only one that noticed Grizzly's smooth ride. On the first drop, I was expecting to get my ass kicked, and it didn't! And while at Invertigo, I saw Grizzly going around the long turnaround, and it seemed a couple of seconds quicker. Perhaps Cedar Fair did something...

Maybe it was because I went during the week & it was too early in the day for the fire on Survivor. Yep I sure heard in the Demon tunnel "Welcome to the Demon I hope you survive. Ha ha ha." Do you think CF would give us another coaster in 2010? Hopefully they see the long coaster drought CGA went through. But it seems doughtful since they're making a huge GCI woodie. But then again since were getting a flat this year.....it could be possible??? Here is the coaster timeline:

-The Whizzer 1976

-The Demon 1980

-The Grizzly 1986

-Vortex 1991

-Top Gun 1993

-Invertigo 1998

-Taxi Jam 1999

-Stealth 2000

-Survivor? 2006

-New GCI Woodie 2009

-2010??? Hmmm

Ok. Three things. You forgot about Psycho Mouse which was in 2001. And I know you put a ? next to Survivor, but...SURVIVOR IS NOT A COASTER!! It does not run on gravity. And I highly doubt 2010 will bring a new coaster; it's possible but not probable.

Unless it happens in the 2009 season, I think 2010 will be a season of repaiting coasters and other fading rides. Vortex and Flight Deck are in need of some desperate paint. Followed by Demon, Psycho Mouse and Taxi Jam. Invertigo does not need paint at this moment, and Reptar just got repainted this season. I also think Centrifuge cars and platform, and Orbit's cabins and arms need some paint.

Unless it happens in the 2009 season, I think 2010 will be a season of repaiting coasters and other fading rides. Vortex and Flight Deck are in need of some desperate paint. Followed by Demon, Psycho Mouse and Taxi Jam. Invertigo does not need paint at this moment, and Reptar just got repainted this season. I also think Centrifuge cars and platform, and Orbit's cabins and arms need some paint.

The bottom of Demon's first drop is horrible. It's white, not red and black. Wasn't Invertigo painted a couple years ago? I also really like the Endeavor's paint job put on last year or the year before. But the coasters really need some new shine.

You Know... I'm really having a hard time of grabbing this "Smooth" Grizzly Concept. The Grizzly, for the last 20 years, has been the most horrific experience in Theme Park history and I never thought that the miracle of "Smooth Ride" would ever materialize!!! So many bad memories of harnessing the Gri... ouch, my back... my neck and my back! The Grizzly is smooth------------ expect to see Jesus soon.

Doug

www.seasonpasspodcast.com

doug@seasonpasspodcast.com

-The Whizzer 1976

-The Demon 1980

-The Grizzly 1986

-Vortex 1991

-Top Gun 1993

-Invertigo 1998

-Taxi Jam 1999

-Stealth 2000

-Survivor? 2006

-New GCI Woodie 2009

-2010??? Hmmm

Ok. Three things. You forgot about Psycho Mouse which was in 2001. And I know you put a ? next to Survivor, but...SURVIVOR IS NOT A COASTER!! It does not run on gravity. And I highly doubt 2010 will bring a new coaster; it's possible but not probable.

I dont really see a "new" coaster for 2010, but maybe a relocated one from another park? It could happen

I work a company in San Francisco California called "Sheedy Crane" today at work we got a couple truck loads in covered in blue tarps. I was told not to look under the tarp but once i had a chance I looked and saw white coaster track.

I kept looking and saw a tag on a small box that said "S&S Power; Part # 344563 "Air Launch valves"

there were what looked like two pieces of track from the bunny hill.

I took a couple pictures with my camera phone, im trying to upload them onto photobucket but it's being a pain in the butt.

they aren't the best because I was trying to avoid being caught and fired.

Why do you think the track sections are out here? Could CGA bet getting

Hypersonic? Is it possible? or could it be headed somewhere else? All I have to say about it is tho... APRIL FOOLS!

ha lame attempt i know

-The Whizzer 1976

-The Demon 1980

-The Grizzly 1986

-Vortex 1991

-Top Gun 1993

-Invertigo 1998

-Taxi Jam 1999

-Stealth 2000

-Survivor? 2006

-New GCI Woodie 2009

-2010??? Hmmm

Also forgot about Turn Of The Century

Is anyone from the board planning a visit today? I will be sporting my TPR hoodie

Ahh! I didn't see you today. I was working at Berserker nearly the whole day. Maybe some other time. You'll have to come again for when Firefall opens!

Is anyone from the board planning a visit today? I will be sporting my TPR hoodie

Ahh! I didn't see you today. I was working at Berserker nearly the whole day. Maybe some other time. You'll have to come again for when Firefall opens!

We you standing in the entry way for Berserker?

^Maybe that was someone else. Was it broken down? Even if it was, the operator is supposed to be in the control booth during downtime.

Then it must have been down. I always pass that ride up, especially if like the other day - Invertigo was a walk on. Front row is the best IMO, going backwards through the loop is super intense!