TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

^ Isn't WW is already complete though? We know WW is supposed to open in March but has CGA announced an opening month for RailBlazer yet? So right now I think WW will open first.

Much as I'd love to have it ready by opening day, my guess is that it'll most likely open sometime between April and May. Especially when you consider not just the theming, but also the fact that it's one of the first RMC Raptors being built which will probably take an extensive time for testing and make sure that it doesn't constantly break down or something.

Railblazer may very be the first Raptor to open. WW seems to be taking longer.

Serious question: why does anybody give a sh*t about which of these rides opens first?

Six Flags definitely seems to since they strayed from their usual announcement day. Marketing the world's first definitely has its advantages.

But for me personally, I just want to see either of these two open and hear how they ride.

Railblazer may very be the first Raptor to open. WW seems to be taking longer.

Serious question: why does anybody give a sh*t about which of these rides opens first?

Because the first one to open can legit claim the world's first operation Raptor. While that doesn't matter to me, to those still playing the whole Six Flags vs Cedar Fair game, apparently it matters.

I absolutely get that the parks/chains would care from a marketing standpoint, because of the whole worlds first thing. That's not what I mean. I just don't get why its such a concern for enthusiasts. It just plays into this whole "Six Flags against Cedar Fair" thing, which goes way beyond just this one instance, that I don't get and don't think I ever will.

Six Flags had better get theirs open first since they claimed it would be the worlds first. I think with all the rock work/tunnels etc that CGA has to do, SFFT will likely open first.

And for the record I don't want it to seem like I'm calling out WestCoasterKing, I just quoted him since it reminded me this is a thing that enthusiasts seem to care about as I've seen it here and elsewhere. It'll be cool to see how they ride once one/both of them open, and its been super cool to see them go up since they're super weird looking, but why is this a race to everyone? Maybe I'm just getting old.

Anyone else curious about how the lift hill is going to work this new prototype Raptor Track?

In the animation video, it shows there is a chain lift, but the Raptor track doesn't seem like it is thick enough to conceal the entire chain and troft like some of the newer B&M lift hills. Raptor track has a solid wide flat surface from end to end so, at what point does the chain disappear under the track once it makes contact with the gear wheel?

I'm having a hard time imagining a large square hole in the track at the top of the apex for a chain to drop into. Maybe the troft that carries the chain down to the base of the lift hill just isn't showing in the animation? uggh...don't know if I'm explaining it correctly.

I know the video is just that, an animation, but I would be curious to know how the lift hill works on these new prototypes?

Anyone else curious about how the lift hill is going to work this new prototype Raptor Track?

In the animation video, it shows there is a chain lift, but the Raptor track doesn't seem like it is thick enough to conceal the entire chain and troft like some of the newer B&M lift hills. Raptor track has a solid wide flat surface from end to end so, at what point does the chain disappear under the track once it makes contact with the gear wheel?

I'm having a hard time imagining a large square hole in the track at the top of the apex for a chain to drop into. Maybe the troft that carries the chain down to the base of the lift hill just isn't showing in the animation? uggh...don't know if I'm explaining it correctly.

I know the video is just that, an animation, but I would be curious to know how the lift hill works on these new prototypes?

Here ya go

5sxtztj1lz701.jpg