TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Spoiler alert: RMC does clones now.

But it looks so much better than Wonder Woman with the colors, theming, and placement.

They did say when T-Rex and Raptor track rides were first announced that Raptor track was going to be a "Cookie Cutter" layout, so this is an off the shelf layout so will likely be more built with the same layout at other parks.

Wow. Cedar Fair outclassed Six Flags even at a clone.

Wish it wasn't a Raptor but this does look like a good ride with decent theming.

I was thinking the same thing. SF says "Here's a ride." CF says "I'll see your ride and raise you placement and theming." SF says "What are placement and theming?"

This looks great though I'm afraid capacity would be a nightmare. Also the lift hill has no catwalks, which I find unusual. One thing usual about the lift is that it faces north, like most roller coasters (and all the big ones) in CA Great America do

Edited by leqant

Spoiler alert: RMC does clones now.

The very first comment after the announcement. THE VERY FIRST!!! And it's someone complaining and bitching.

This is why I CANNOT STAND ROLLER COASTER ENTHUSIASTS!!!!!

After the 2017 year we just had where very little was built, very little was innovative, absolutely NOBODY should be complaining about new and unique rides being announced. NOBODY!!!

Seriously go find another hobby "RollerManic" because no one wants that type of crap attitude around here.

Edited by robbalvey

I honestly don't give a care that it's a clone. Not only does this look beautifully awesome, but this will probably be the very first RMC I will ever ride! I believe this is a great start to the park's Masterplan expansion! Oh what a year 2018 will be!

We'll have three RMCs in the state of California by the time this opens, and who knows what Knott's is going to announce yet.

EDIT: Also, of note that SFDK was the first to add the first Sky Rocket II, which has now been cloned several more times, but S:UF still remains as popular as ever.

Edited by RAWKIN_coaster38

It's really exciting to see Vekoma and RMC entering the large steel sit down looping coaster market. Previously B&M pretty much had a stranglehold on it, increased competition can only be a good thing for us.

Edited by coasterbill

Has anyone else noticed that both Railblazer and Wonder Woman have different color schemes than the test track at RMC? I wonder if we will be seeing a 3rd Raptor this year.

Maybe because the test track was just that, test track.

It's really exciting to see Vekoma and RMC entering the steel sit down looping coaster market. Previously B&M pretty much had a stranglehold on it, increased competition can only be a good thing for us.

Generally the steel sit down market getting a renaissance is exciting in general. I feel recently a lot of coasters have been based less on gimmicks and more and more just regular sit down coasters have been opening.

It's really exciting to see Vekoma and RMC entering the steel sit down looping coaster market. Previously B&M pretty much had a stranglehold on it, increased competition can only be a good thing for us.

Definitely true. I feel like some enthusiasts start cheerleading certain companies (DAE RMC?!) and hating on others (Boring & Mild). I'm certainly guilty of this with my fanboyism of Intamin. But recently I feel like everyone is significantly improving their designs and that makes me super excited for the next decade. I think it's safe to say we're living in a coaster renaissance!

Edited by chickenbowl

Maybe because the test track was just that, test track.

That is very true, but at the same time, if it's just test track, why bother going through the process of painting the track a separate color from the supports? Why not just slap a coat of a single color for environmental protection and call it good?

I'm interested about a technical feature. With Six Flags announcing theirs as a first and this one being from the same company, could Six Flags have made a deal which allows RMC to not give away any other Raptor before theirs. I wonder if a deal like that could be made, I always wondered this but it was never “a problem” as far as I knew like this.

This looks awesome! A RMC Raptor single-rail coaster in CA only three hours away from me! This is just what CGA needed and it will look great with the rock theming. I take it that this is going in the old Invertigo spot? Now all that needs to be done is tearing out Grizzly for another kick ass ride and the transformation of CGA is mostly complete.

Looks like I will most likely be switching out my Six Flags season pass for a Cedar Fair Platinum one in 2018 unless the Six Flags announcements blow me away. I can't wait for the Knott's announcement tonight.