TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Is everyone else as convinced as I am that this WILL be the first ever RMC raptor?

I think that's the general consensus at this point. It seems like most people believe that CGA is getting the RMC Raptor and Knott's is getting a Gerstlauer Infinity coaster or some kind on compact Intamin (a blitz like Maverick or a vertical lift like Fahrenheit). All I know is that August 16 can't get here quick enough!

Is everyone else as convinced as I am that this WILL be the first ever RMC raptor?

I think that's the general consensus at this point. It seems like most people believe that CGA is getting the RMC Raptor and Knott's is getting a Gerstlauer Infinity coaster or some kind on compact Intamin (a blitz like Maverick or a vertical lift like Fahrenheit). All I know is that August 16 can't get here quick enough!

I'm kinda hoping it'll be the other way around. Raptor/TRex at KBF and 110' Intamin (Blitz/Mega Lite) at CGA. But that's just my wishful thinking for sure!

I'll be ecstatic either way, especially if either park get an Intamin or RMC!

^ Knott's might be too busy a park for another low capacity ride like the Raptor. Though personally either way works for me because I take turns visiting both parks every couple years. Though if it does turn out to be a Fahrenheit type of Intamin I hope it's a giga. That would awesome.

^ Knott's might be too busy a park for another low capacity ride like the Raptor. Though personally either way works for me because I take turns visiting both parks every couple years. Though if it does turn out to be a Fahrenheit type of Intamin I hope it's a giga. That would awesome.

Could you show me where RMC has ever said what the capacity would be on these coasters? I've seen this argument posted over and over again, but do we actually know the numbers here? I doubt it's that hard to break Xcelerator's numbers

The Raptor has in-line seating. The tester had four cars with one seat per car. The renderings show four cars with two seats per car. That's a low capacity ride.

So speculation without knowing anything about how a Raptor/TRex might possibly be operated (ie dual loading platform, many block brakes, etc.)? The capacity excuse is pretty flawed without any real information. It's hilarious that people are worried about Raptor/Trex capacity when the "more possible" rumor is a Euro-Fighter.

^ Knott's might be too busy a park for another low capacity ride like the Raptor.

Knott's has...

- a Wild Mouse with 4 passenger cars

- a shuttle loop

- a Zamperla motorbike coaster with small 16 passenger trains

- a spinning coaster with small 16 passenger trains

- an Intamin accelerator coaster with 20 passenger trains that (up until recently) pretty much only ever ran 1 train

- up until recently, a Vekoma Boomerang

I see no indication that this park is in any way hesitant to buy low capacity coasters.

The Raptor has in-line seating. The tester had four cars with one seat per car. The renderings show four cars with two seats per car. That's a low capacity ride.

So speculation without knowing anything about how a Raptor/TRex might possibly be operated (ie dual loading platform, many block brakes, etc.)? The capacity excuse is pretty flawed without any real information. It's hilarious that people are worried about Raptor/Trex capacity when the "more possible" rumor is a Euro-Fighter.

Firstly, the renderings don't show any block brakes. Secondly, the rumor is an Infinity not Euro-fighter. The Infinity seats 16-24.

^ Knott's might be too busy a park for another low capacity ride like the Raptor.

Knott's has...

- a Wild Mouse with 4 passenger cars

- a shuttle loop

- a Zamperla motorbike coaster with small 16 passenger trains

- a spinning coaster with small 16 passenger trains

- an Intamin accelerator coaster with 20 passenger trains that (up until recently) pretty much only ever ran 1 train

- up until recently, a Vekoma Boomerang

I see no indication that this park is in any way hesitant to buy low capacity coasters.

You can't count any rides installed prior to 1998, so Monty and Boom are out. Also, a sixteen seat train is not low capacity coaster. The ability to only run one train makes it a low capacity ride. Pony, Coast and Sidewinder were installed to cater to the growing family crowd. That's all. Whatever replaces Boom is clearly not going to be a family ride.

On another note, this marker was found in the rocks inside the WhiteWater Falls slpashdown boat ride. Could we be seeing this ride removed??

I'd say so. Anyone seen the guys from RMC yet?

On another note, this marker was found in the rocks inside the WhiteWater Falls slpashdown boat ride. Could we be seeing this ride removed??

Mwsn4Bw.jpg

When I was at Patriots media day, the ride was shut down and a survey crew was inspecting the ride... who knows?!

I'm thinking this is going to be bigger than we think. At first, I was on the RMC raptor train, but I'm thinking this MIGHT be a coaster similar to Maverick with a mountain theme.

We will see. But I predict that Railblazer, wherever it goes, will be an RMC Raptor/T-Rex. And all the clues point to a trail themed ride at CGA ie trailblazer ie Railblazer.

Stumbled across a couple aerial photos posted on Reddit, figured everyone here would love to see them! I did not take these. For the full album of other aerials not associated with CGA, CLICK HERE. Hes added a new one every few days, so he may add more. One thing to note, these were taken from a mounted camera under a airplane within FAA guidelines at around 1,400ft, not a drone.

Credit: Michael E. aka "lensupthere"

Twitter: https://twitter.com/lensupthere

IG: https://www.instagram.com/lensupthere/

HIGH RESOLUTION LINKS

Gold Striker, CGA - 3.3MB 5000 × 3333

Patriot, CGA - 3.5MB 5000 × 3333

Demon, CGA Aerial - 3.9MB 2450 x 5286

Enjoy!

Gold.JPG.83a454b7952c9c3d8c89bc2d943d5929.JPG

Gold Striker

demon.thumb.JPG.3cfa398207beeda26fff56ae6de61205.JPG

Demon

patriot.JPG.9e30c0d0ab006e8baac786ad3b73fae3.JPG

Patriot

I'll have to get the picture, but they've updated the wall again. Whizzer is now up there on the wall.

It's weird to think that not only was there a whizzer in CGA, but they removed it without having ACE members trying to find their home address to stab them in their sleep