TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

My guess is we might be getting Boomerang from Knotts, Most Boomerangs are 110ft, it would also be the cheapest way to add a new ride. Would also fit the "Hangtime" name.
That's doubtful, it's not a new type of coaster or a renewed relationship with a manufacturer, because I don't think Vekoma has anything to do with relocating rides. Plus, this is way to much teasing for just a relocated Boomerang.

My guess is we might be getting Boomerang from Knotts, Most Boomerangs are 110ft, it would also be the cheapest way to add a new ride. Would also fit the "Hangtime" name.
That's doubtful, it's not a new type of coaster or a renewed relationship with a manufacturer, because I don't think Vekoma has anything to do with relocating rides. Plus, this is way to much teasing for just a relocated Boomerang.

Yeah, I think there's zero chance the old boomerang is coming to CGA. It would go against everything we've heard/seen about CF's plans and efforts to invest in CGA, plus everything we've seen about what new coasters are opening this year.

More walls sprouted up overnight, near the Hometown Square games and First Aid/Smoking area. Looking like it will take a 3rd of the "Invertigarden" and all that unused area behind it leading up to the Hometown games near Maggie's.

Now that the construction walls are up and both Knott's & CGA is anyone good enough with google maps to do a topographic comparison to see which park is working with more real estate?

Yeah, I think there's zero chance the old boomerang is coming to CGA. It would go against everything we've heard/seen about CF's plans and efforts to invest in CGA, plus everything we've seen about what new coasters are opening this year.

Anyone living in that area should pray to god that that crap ride doesn't come anywhere near the park.

Anyone living in that area should pray to god that that crap ride doesn't come anywhere near the park.

Oh don't worry, I've been praying. I'm just waiting to see if and when I see some track on it's way to the park to find out what we may be getting.

Hello all,

I'm new around here and to the forums but we are going to CGA next week and are wondering if the dining plan for the day is worth it. We plan to get there early and stay pretty late. Do you guys have any thoughts on it?

Thanks!

So is SR1 a highway or something?

Maybe read some previous pages?

It's funny cause I used to live on "the 1" in San Luis Obispo - I just never heard it referred to as SR1.

It get's really winding and curvy in Big Sur though. Guess that could make an interesting roller coaster theme? Cool. Can we rule out an impulse now? Theming an impulse to a winding CA road seems off!

Side note - I'll cry out of happiness if CGA ended up with an Inta Blitz

This is the photo that was released with the announcement. I think we can confirm RMC Raptor. I mean, there's Rocky Mountains in the picture as well.

Always though SR(1) stood for single rail. Cant wait!

This is the photo that was released with the announcement. I think we can confirm RMC Raptor. I mean, there's Rocky Mountains in the picture as well.

We can definitely confirm Railblazer as a name, but I wouldn't be SO sure on RMC raptor yet.

These mountains are actually the Cascades and not the Rockies:

Ascending Rock Pass, Pacific Crest Trail, Pasayten Wilderness

Yes, I do fully believe it'll be called Railblazer. I was mainly speculating and sorry if it came off as full confirmation. I was only looking/noticing that the mountains were rocky and speculating in my mind that it would be an RMC. For all we know this could be a lot of teasing for the worlds tallest wacky worm.

Great teaser photo. Expedition Everest relocation: confirmed!

Also, if it is to be an RMC named "Railblazer," that teaser photo is pretty much a dead giveaway. So either they don't care that much if they give it away, or they're having a ball in throwing us off.