TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

I have a hard time believing the CF would leave such an obvious clue as SR1=Sky Rocket 1. They are usually way more cryptic and trolling than that.

I think SR1 is a red herring. For all we know it could mean Speed Racer, or maybe nothing at all.

I tend to agree

I heard that it could be a reference to how 4 or 5 CF parks have or have had a state route 1 nearby, and that the CF announcements will be connected somehow.

I have a hard time believing the CF would leave such an obvious clue as SR1=Sky Rocket 1. They are usually way more cryptic and trolling than that.

I think SR1 is a red herring. For all we know it could mean Speed Racer, or maybe nothing at all.

I tend to agree

I heard that it could be a reference to how 4 or 5 CF parks have or have had a state route 1 nearby, and that the CF announcements will be connected somehow.

After a quick look, SR1 is a traffic incident report file in California, which hints more at the out-of-control car theme.

Oooooo... WHAT IF... it's a single rail, with the single wide seating, but it's called "Whizzers Revenge"... as an inspiration to the former ride.. Mull that one over, kiddos. (of course the tire tracks can play part in that somehow)

I like that idea!

If only it was an Intamin Blitz themed after one of the bay area highways. Highway 17 is nice and curvy, same with highway 9, the autobahn designers also designed 280... I'll cross all 27 fingers and toes.

You know queef, I heard that 280 designer story once too so I took a look at the 280 wiki page again. There's a ton of 'SR 1' references:

"In the 1964 renumbering, the Route 280 designation was officially applied to the planned route. This replaced SR 1 in San Francisco; the new SR 1 alignment turned northeast where I-280 now runs, quickly ending at State Route 82 (San Jose Avenue/Alemany Boulevard). SR 1, however, continued to be signed along its former (and current) alignment, which had not been upgraded to freeway standards.

A realignment approved January 1968 took I-280 onto its current route. This ran along what had been SR 1, SR 82, State Route 87 and I-480 (downgraded to a State Route then), ending at Interstate 80 at the west end of the Bay Bridge.[1] This change was made on the state level in 1968, restoring SR 1 to its current alignment and truncating SR 82, SR 87 and SR 480.[2]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_280_(California)

According to Screamscape, Cedar Fair just filed a new trademark name, "RAILBLAZER". It sounds perfect for the RMC Raptor/T-Rex coaster. But it doesn't sound driving related, which is what CGA is teasing for their new coaster.

Edited by jarmart

According to Screamscape, Cedar Fair just filed a new trademark name, "RAILBLAZER". It sounds perfect for the RMC Raptor/T-Rex coaster. But it doesn't sound driving related, which is what CGA is teasing for their new coaster.

It's kind of a weak tie in, but they could be referencing the small aluminum rails that line the edges of the highways here. If you could imagine a car racing down the curvy highway at accelerated speeds, lighting the rails a' blaze...

I just posted this on the Cedar Fair Development thread. I think the Raptor is going to Knott's personally.

Edited by WestCoasterKing

If only it was an Intamin Blitz themed after one of the bay area highways. Highway 17 is nice and curvy, same with highway 9, the autobahn designers also designed 280... I'll cross all 27 fingers and toes.

You know queef, I heard that 280 designer story once too so I took a look at the 280 wiki page again. There's a ton of 'SR 1' references:

"In the 1964 renumbering, the Route 280 designation was officially applied to the planned route. This replaced SR 1 in San Francisco; the new SR 1 alignment turned northeast where I-280 now runs, quickly ending at State Route 82 (San Jose Avenue/Alemany Boulevard). SR 1, however, continued to be signed along its former (and current) alignment, which had not been upgraded to freeway standards.

A realignment approved January 1968 took I-280 onto its current route. This ran along what had been SR 1, SR 82, State Route 87 and I-480 (downgraded to a State Route then), ending at Interstate 80 at the west end of the Bay Bridge.[1] This change was made on the state level in 1968, restoring SR 1 to its current alignment and truncating SR 82, SR 87 and SR 480.[2]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_280_(California)

Nice find!

I just posted this on the Cedar Fair thread. I think the Raptor is going to Knott's personally.

If they really are getting a Raptor they better find a way to drastically increase the capacity.

I tend to agree

The announcements are not connected in any way. We need to stop bringing up BS conspiracy theories.

I find it interesting that people don't think Cedar Fairisn't just filing for trademarks for things later or just pulling a head fake to play with enthusiasts. All I can say is how is "Ziz"? You know the mythical creature representing air, that fits perfectly with Behemoth(land) and Leviathian(water).

I find it interesting that people don't think Cedar Fairisn't just filing for trademarks for things later or just pulling a head fake to play with enthusiasts. All I can say is how is "Ziz"? You know the mythical creature representing air, that fits perfectly with Behemoth(land) and Leviathian(water).

Filing Trademarks for later things, sure. Filing Trademarks to pull a head fake on enthusiasts? Not a chance... it's not a cheap process.

Filing Trademarks for later things, sure. Filing Trademarks to pull a head fake on enthusiasts? Not a chance... it's not a cheap process.

Actually filing a Federal Trademark is cheap! Look it up.

I tend to agree

The announcements are not connected in any way. We need to stop bringing up BS conspiracy theories.

It seems convincing to me

Cedar Fair could register a trademark with the money I gave them for my Platinum Pass alone.

Uh... they've done it before

I tend to agree

You are the only person doing this. Everyone else is stating there's as opinion while you are stating yours as fact.

I've actually filed before. $275-$375... totally cheap

Cheap for a multi billion dollar company

Cheap for a multi billion dollar company

This whole argument is moot considering there is no proof this is or isn't going to be used for a ride or not. Seriously.

I tend to agree

It seems convincing to me

So how in any way is a boardwalk and the Wild West related?

It makes zero sense.

Isn't hang time a roller coaster term? I always thought it meant the upside down stuff. I know one thing.....it's not a surfing term at all. Hanging ten is a surfing term. I personally would be extremely disappointed if any of the coasters was an impulse of any kind, including a surfrider. I haven't been to CGA since it was owned by Marriott, but I think most Knotts fans will agree that the last thing Knotts needs is another 30 second ride with slow moving lines.

My guess is we might be getting Boomerang from Knotts, Most Boomerangs are 110ft, it would also be the cheapest way to add a new ride. Would also fit the "Hangtime" name.

There would be a certain irony if it went into the Invertigarden.