TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

An impulse coaster would be pretty tame if it the vertical towers only reached 100 feet. Unless it's slanted like V2, but why would they even bother adding something similar. I guess the impulse it out of the picture, thank God.

The RMC Raptor might be a good fit for the space considering it's compact and supposed to have less footers than a typical coaster. It could easily go over foot paths. But it looks low capacity.

I'm hoping for an Intamin launched mega-lite. :b

I love how nobody is even considering Vekoma. I'm sure one of their new models could be around 100 feet and it would be a renewed relationship.

Good point. If you're right then who gets it you think? It still begs the question what this new coaster type is. The Raptor/T-Rex is the only thing revealed in the part grew years that qualifies. I can't see them thinking a launched spinning shuttle coaster with a revolving loading platform as new and innovative.

I love how nobody is even considering Vekoma. I'm sure one of their new models could be around 100 feet and it would be a renewed relationship.

It's not really new, but the Vekoma Stingray is 103 feet tall.

https://rcdb.com/4124.htm

please no !!

I hope the park would shy away from putting in a low capacity ride in the place of a previous low capacity ride.

It's not really new, but the Vekoma Stingray is 103 feet tall.

https://rcdb.com/4124.htm

please no !!

I hope the park would shy away from putting in a low capacity ride in the place of a previous low capacity ride.

Are you talking about CGA or Knott's?

I was almost ready to bet it was going to be Knotts Boomerang until I saw the 100 height. Then I thought the S&S 4d's, but those are 120'.

Whatever it is, I'm looking forward.

Boomerang is 116.5 feet. What is the height limit for CGA?

The height limit was just increased to 250ft over the middle of the park while the sides are still fairly low. (Can't remember the height for that)

So it could be higher than 100.

Yes, in theory it could be 100' or taller

Well then maybe they are getting Boomerang? It's just a short truck ride upstate. Think of all the savings. Boom is already paid for. Transport costs are basically nil. They just have to reassemble it!

I jest of course. It's a joke. I'm trying to make a joke. Did I succeed?

So it could be higher than 100.

Yes, in theory it could be 100' or taller

Well then maybe they are getting Boomerang? It's just a short truck ride upstate. Think of all the savings. Boom is already paid for. Transport costs are basically nil. They just have to reassemble it!

I jest of course. It's a joke. I'm trying to make a joke. Did I succeed?

I would cry.... with laughter!

But really, I don't see where you guys are getting that it might be over 100'. This is the first I've heard anyone say that and I see no basis from the application permit.

But really, I don't see where you guys are getting that it might be over 100'. This is the first I've heard anyone say that and I see no basis from the application permit.

I don't know who said. I didn't see that in the permit either. I think it was assumed because height is the only thing they need permission for maybe?

Where are they building the ride?

It's not necessarily just in the Invertigarden area (or maybe not at all). When I was there for Red, White and Brews I talked to GM Raul Rehnborg a bit about it and he pointed out to me the spray paint marks all along the midway area between the side of the theater and White Water Falls. Basically from hometown square as far as the bridge/RC boats. It's a pretty big area that is more or less connected to the Invertigarden (through the RC boats), and especially big if the park were to remove Whitewater Falls.

I wrote about it a bit at the end of my R, W, & B write up (www.coaster101.com/2017/06/02/what-you-should-eat-drink-red-white-brews/), but I think it's enough area (if combined with the grass) for a Lightning Run size coaster or a Blitz.

Anyways, he said we'd see construction starting later this summer, so I'd guess we'll know where it will be in another month or two.

That would be especially cruel since they would have lost their better and more unique Invertigo for a cruddier, standard Boomerang. Plus Discovery Kingdom already has a boomerang and it's one of the better ones.

Agreed, I don't think it's Boomerang or an Intamin Impulse simply because SFDK already has those rides. It's clear from the CGA Master Plan that CF wants to really invest in this park and make it the premier park in NorCal. They've definitely got some work to do as SFDK has passed it up with all their new additions (Superman, Joker, Wonder Woman, etc). That's why I think this coaster is going to be something new (to the region at least) and unique that will make people want to visit CGA.

Edited by VegasBaby