TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

[attachment=0]PicsArt_02-08-08.28.03.jpg[/attachment]

While it is by no means super accurate, I combined the blurry image from the slideshow and the crisp picture outlining the marketplace and highlighted some key elements to make it easier to see. I took particular care on the the skyride as well as the possible hyper coaster and as you can see they are separated by a passable amount. Another thing I did happen to notice though was that in the top-right corner, Woodstock Express is overlayed on top of what appears to be a slide tower. I'm wondering if we could see its removal as part of the expansion

One of the presentations (the one I wrote about here, same as the fuzzy photo presentation) did mention two potential family coasters, the suspended flying one and a mini wooden coaster. If they actually added both those I could see Woodstock being removed.

Or the Go Karts being removed

Or (BIG DREAM WISH) Adding a Parking Garage in the employee lot

Did anyone see on their face book that they're already putting the trains on the track for Patriot? They look phenomenal.

I saw their video on Instagram. It looks fantastic! There's no doubt in my mind this ride will open on March 25th, and I'm hoping to get out there for opening day! Super excited.

Quick question: for haunt, what is there to do between 5:30 when the park 'closes' and 7:00 when the park opens for haunt? (based on the website hours there is that weird interim) -- is there any rides or areas open during this time? Anywhere to eat? Etc.

I know some parks do a buffet meal during transition, does CGA do anything like that? Also it appears it's not a seperate ticket event and I can attend with my platinum pass. Just wanted to confirm.

Trying to plan a big west coast trip

Thanks!

Quick question: for haunt, what is there to do between 5:30 when the park 'closes' and 7:00 when the park opens for haunt? (based on the website hours there is that weird interim) -- is there any rides or areas open during this time? Anywhere to eat? Etc.

I know some parks do a buffet meal during transition, does CGA do anything like that? Also it appears it's not a seperate ticket event and I can attend with my platinum pass. Just wanted to confirm.

Thanks!

They do a buffet in between some days towards the end of October. Nothing in the park will be open, you'll be cleared out just like it's regular park close. There is a restaurant in Levi's that is open during this time, or stuff just a 15-20 minute walk away. You can attend with a platinum pass

Thanks!

They do a buffet in between some days towards the end of October. Nothing in the park will be open, you'll be cleared out just like it's regular park close. There is a restaurant in Levi's that is open during this time, or stuff just a 15-20 minute walk away. You can attend with a platinum pass

They offer the boo-fet during Haunt, just not towards the end of October. While Haunt is a separate ticketed event, it is included with your Platinum pass.

Apparently a test or pull-through of the front cars was done a few days ago from the posts on the park's social media... The trains are looking absolutely fantastic. I did notice something interesting looking at all of the posts about Patriot in that they never have showed the station in posts since its demolition, maybe I'm insane but is it possible that they could surprise us with a station roof? I know the odds are probably against it but a man can dream

Apparently a test or pull-through of the front cars was done a few days ago from the posts on the park's social media... The trains are looking absolutely fantastic. I did notice something interesting looking at all of the posts about Patriot in that they never have showed the station in posts since its demolition, maybe I'm insane but is it possible that they could surprise us with a station roof? I know the odds are probably against it but a man can dream

I sure hope so. Considering a lot of the station has to be gutted to make way for the floor mechanism, it only makes sense they would kill two birds with one stone and add a roof. Heck, even something cheap like Full Throttle's is better than nothing. Either way, I'm super excited to visit CGA this season. Been dying to get out there and try Flight Deck and Gold Striker.

So it says on the website that the park is closed during 49ers home games, does this apply at night during HAUNT times as well? I'd imagine a 1:00 Sunday game is done by 7:00, but do they still close all night?

Sunday games are over by the time Haunt starts. Sunday nights are a great night for short lines.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish they would have worked red somewhere into the color scheme, but, for the most part, I like the colors.

I am eager to hear how this ride is received. If it goes well, I hope Cedar Fair will convert the remaining stand-ups and not delay.

Looking great! And to add to the hype, it was asked during the ACE tour if the ride will get a station roof/cover, and the park confirmed it (unfortunately I don't remember who it was by or where is was posted, so I can't give credit). It's nice to see the park doing this, the Vortex station in particular was unbearable on hot days. Hopefully we will see more investments like this with the expansion

Just seeing how it's running is getting me excited. Other than that, im ready for my opening day, got my season long fast lane. Can I reserve my spot on GS now?

I'd also like to add, is anyone going to be here for the opening day festivities?

The park just announced Patriot will open April 1st. I knew that something like this would happen. Seems typical for CGA to have delayed openings for their new rides. First Firefall, then Gold Striker and Mass Effect, and now this. I'm not complaining or anything (wasn't truly looking that forward to Patriot), but it seems like a pattern going on with this park.