TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Likely will only go if my friend wants to see tailgating and then hang out at CGA durning a 49er's home game, something stupid like that.

Well, I guess you won't be attending the park.

Given that I already got 2016 passes to six flags, likely not. This new 4d ride does peak my interest though.

Likely will only go if my friend wants to see tailgating and then hang out at CGA durning a 49er's home game, something stupid like that.

Well, I guess you won't be attending the park.

Given that I already got 2016 passes to six flags, likely not. This new 4d ride does peak my interest though.

I was implying the fact that the park isn't open on 49er home games.

• 3 weeks later...
Given the concept art that was shown, it seems that the whole theater will be remodeled with a possible new system. Though if that is true, I'd like to know who CF is working with on it.

I'm going with a new system. The previous is seriously outdated.

Noticed in the recent Cedar Fair 3rd Quarter Conference Call that California's Great America will likely be adding a Christmas event in 2016.
And then your third question or your fourth question I guess it was, was about the fairly operating season and I guess because we are coming off a hugely successful Halloween season it makes us think more thoughtfully about what is available to us particular in markets where the climate is more favorable. So we will start with Great America this year, I am sorry, in 2016 this coming year and we have high hopes for that particular property and obviously if that proves successful you can expect to see it at multiple parks, maybe not at all parks but at multiple parks. And that would be the primary growth driver when we talk about expanding the season. I should point out again, since I am sitting here, we already have an extremely successful Merry Farm program here at Knott's Berry Farm and so we are going to take a lot of lessons, keep learning there, about what entertainment works, what food product works and how to market that product in order to leverage the attempt that we are making up at Great America.

Cedar Fair's (FUN) CEO Matt Ouimet on Q3 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript $FUN

http://www.seekingalpha.com/article/3655906

Awesome news! I would have stayed an extra day up north for the PAC-12 championship game if I knew CGA would be open the next day!

Interesting. I wonder if they will use something like Triotech's XD Theatre or something more like MediaMation's MX4d. Interesting to see how this will develop.

Considering their existing relationship with Triotech, I'm guessing it's the former.

Interesting. I wonder if they will use something like Triotech's XD Theatre or something more like MediaMation's MX4d. Interesting to see how this will develop.

Considering their existing relationship with Triotech, I'm guessing it's the former.

It would seem obvious to let Triotech do it. One thing I'm a tad concerned about if they do go with Triotech's ride system is the motion itself (if there will be motion in it). Compared to the original Iwerks system, the motion on Triotech's simulators seem a little stiff (at least given my experience from riding similar simulators from them). But then again, the PvZ ride at Carowinds is being developed by Alterface. So since CF has been recently partnering with more companies, and given what I've seen from MediaMation, the MX4D system would be an interesting fit to the attraction. But really, we have no idea who's actually behind the tech to this ride. Time will tell what company CF is working with for this. For now we can only speculate.

But the real question will be, since it is sponsored by and based of an EA game, will there be an upcharge for the full simulator, or does admission only get the video screen

Is that a DLC joke? If so, I approve. Maybe they'll also make us download an installer/launcher thing to ride, even though no other rides will require it...

But the real question will be, since it is sponsored by and based of an EA game, will there be an upcharge for the full simulator, or does admission only get the video screen

Is that a DLC joke? If so, I approve. Maybe they'll also make us download an installer/launcher thing to ride, even though no other rides will require it...

And they'll probably have to connect to the ride to the internet as well, so that means if the internet is down the ride is down too!

And they'll probably have to connect to the ride to the internet as well, so that means if the internet is down the ride is down too!

Based on my experience with EA, I'm going to guess that there will be issues with crashing...and then they'll release an untested update that will only make the problem worse!

This could turn out to be interesting...I mean, Cedar Fair has right of first refusal but what if the NFL/9ners drive the price up too high? They have their long term lease, but if someone buys the land from under them...

^My thoughts exactly. You seem like you would know these legal matters pretty well. What say do their cranky neighbors have? The aren't going to want anything in there that's too noisy.

Well, their lease is probably pretty ironclad, so the neighbors can't say much except for them to abide by the terms of the lease...but if someone else buys the land if Cedar Fair declines their first right of refusal, I think it would be safe to say that CGA will not last beyond the lease (which is reported as being 75 years, so plenty of time).