TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

That's what I never got about Grizzly. Was it seriously modified at some point? Did someone think these long stretches (see below) of track would ever be a good idea? There are literally no real hills until the final run back to the station. It's honestly the most interesting (kind words) use of 3,200 feet of wood track in history.

Credit: CoasterBuzz

According to Screamscape, it is rumored that the Vortex conversion has been pushed back to 2017 or maybe wont happen at all. Either way, I feel like we wont get a new coaster anytime soon. Maybe in 10 years. Smh...

Screamscape has been a lot less reliable lately. I wouldn't put to much thought into it!

but what ? screamscape only reports and rumors often takes us.

then however they are always the idea that Cedar Fair does not want to invest seriously in this park.

Guys, I can guarantee you Vortex is going to be sold to another park. I highly doubt it's plausible to renovate a tiny worn down coaster, which Mantis was not. It would be cool to see a euro fighter or compact dive coaster go in its spot.

How is it any more plausible to relocate a "tiny worn down" coaster than to renovate it? It's not like it's going to be a "star" attraction at any other park, so you might as well keep it where it is and make it a decent ride.

Guys, I can guarantee you Vortex is going to be sold to another park. I highly doubt it's plausible to renovate a tiny worn down coaster, which Mantis was not. It would be cool to see a euro fighter or compact dive coaster go in its spot.

How is it any more plausible to relocate a "tiny worn down" coaster than to renovate it? It's not like it's going to be a "star" attraction at any other park, so you might as well keep it where it is and make it a decent ride.

It as a floorless would be okay at MIA, VF, WOF. Matt at CF has said a lot of times that he doesnt like ride relocations. So that is also doubtful. I think it as a floorless at CGA would be fine.

It as a floorless would be okay at MIA, VF, WOF.

VF already has a 1980 Arrow that out-performs it. I'm honestly not sure what that ride would add to the lineup of any of those parks.

Haha, no I would think that after the relocation and repackaging Vortex would look much like Iron Wolf's conversion into Apocalypse. That being said, Vortex being relocated by Cedar Fair is not what I see as improbable (they did it to three of park's original anchor steel coasters (the vekoma invertigo, the vekome flying dutchman, and schwarzkopfshuttle loop_.

The problem is pretty simple: I don't ever think park management in any analysis could imagine trimming down the steel line-up to Demon and Flight Deck and let Vortex join Invertigo, Stealth, and Tidal Wave/Lightnin in the CGA graveyard. If Vortex is salvageable, they will do it. They already removed the three most proximal anchor coasters (Invertigo, Stealth, and Tidal Wave/Lightnin').

It as a floorless would be okay at MIA, VF, WOF.

VF already has a 1980 Arrow that out-performs it. I'm honestly not sure what that ride would add to the lineup of any of those parks.

Haha, no I would think that after the relocation and repackaging Vortex would look much like Iron Wolf's conversion into Apocalypse. That being said, Vortex being relocated by Cedar Fair is not what I see as improbable (they did it to three of park's original anchor steel coasters (the vekoma invertigo, the vekome flying dutchman, and schwarzkopfshuttle loop_.

The problem is pretty simple: I don't ever think park management in any analysis could imagine trimming down the steel line-up to Demon and Flight Deck and let Vortex join Invertigo, Stealth, and Tidal Wave/Lightnin in the CGA graveyard. If Vortex is salvageable, they will do it. They already removed the three most proximal anchor coasters (Invertigo, Stealth, and Tidal Wave/Lightnin').

If they were to remove Vortex, the land locked park would have room for better improvements

If they were to remove Vortex, the land locked park would have room for better improvements

If CGA removes Vortex, then the already lackluster coaster lineup will be even worse. CGA is getting left behind by SFDK, especially with the RMC Joker debuting next year. Gold Striker is a great ride, but everything else at the park is just kinda meh. Vortex is by no means a great coaster but it's better than no coaster. Converting it to a floorless would definitely be an improvement, but it's not gonna bring people to the park.

If CGA removes Vortex, then the already lackluster coaster lineup will be even worse. CGA is getting left behind by SFDK, especially with the RMC Joker debuting next year. Gold Striker is a great ride, but everything else at the park is just kinda meh. Vortex is by no means a great coaster but it's better than no coaster. Converting it to a floorless would definitely be an improvement, but it's not gonna bring people to the park.

Your post just proves by its best to replace it with something better. You just proved my point for me