TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

as for Vortex - Im still holding out hope that the conversion includes adding more track - Lift moved to straight out of the station and 130 feet tall, with a inverted turn dive drop, into a loop- a zero G roll - A high banked turn into the existing loop and remainder of the existing ride... Yes I'm dreaming...

as for Vortex - Im still holding out hope that the conversion includes adding more track - Lift moved to straight out of the station and 130 feet tall, with a inverted turn dive drop, into a loop- a zero G roll - A high banked turn into the existing loop and remainder of the existing ride... Yes I'm dreaming...

Sorry, but never going to happen. The engineering of the layout that remained unchanged would be all off because the speed and forces would be impacted. It would cost so much more than it's worth in the end and might be impossible.

The Joker has raged his doom on California's Great America!

"WWWHY SSSO SSSERIOUSSSS CCCEDAR FFFAIR??!!"

It's going to be great to see what comes to both parks in the next 5 years. With Gold Striker and now The Joker, we are seeing some world class coasters coming to Northern CA!

^ For real though! Come on CF! Get with the program already! RMC. Its a good thing. (In my best Martha Stewart voice.)

Six Flags had a stranglehold on RMC for the past few years. Cedar Fair was probably just late to the game and RMC is all booked up.

^ How exactly does it make "zero" sense? Its a mediocre ride that is not very popular and is rough. RMC makes every bit of sense. Turn a bum ride into a star attraction.

So, you want to turn a family coaster that was not designed to be an extreme thrill ride and turn it into an extreme thrill ride... Right. Have you ridden it lately? The retracking they've done have vastly improved it. A lot of the problem areas that were rough have been smoothed out. I have yet to hear any viable reason to RMC a ride like Grizzly beyond the typical selfish want of more coasters. Trust me, I know those feels.

^ How exactly does it make "zero" sense? Its a mediocre ride that is not very popular and is rough. RMC makes every bit of sense. Turn a bum ride into a star attraction.

So, you want to turn a family coaster that was not designed to be an extreme thrill ride and turn it into an extreme thrill ride... Right. Have you ridden it lately? The retracking they've done have vastly improved it. A lot of the problem areas that were rough have been smoothed out. I have yet to hear any viable reason to RMC a ride like Grizzly beyond the typical selfish want of more coasters. Trust me, I know those feels.

I don't remember Grizzly ever being rough. It's just not exciting, but that's ok. The only real problem it has is the insane amount of time it takes to dispatch a train due to all the crazy redundant and restrictive restraints.

Grizzly is just boring. Honestly, Pyscho Mouse is more thrilling. What is the height restriction on GoldStriker, is it more than Grizzly? If they are, or could somehow be the same, there's no need for Grizzly as is. An RMC conversion would make perfect sense to me if that were the case

As awesome as an RMC conversion would be on this ride why bother, it would be like trying to polish a turd.

If they do anything to Grizzly it should be burn it to the ground and start over with a ride that is actually good.

Yeah flame me if you want I don't care.

Maybe it would help if the dispatch times weren't so incredibly long... maybe not.

I used to run panel on Grizzly and used to enjoy it back in the day so yes, I do have fond memories of it but let's be real..... it just sucks. Right now, to me, it's just a space filler.

As awesome as an RMC conversion would be on this ride why bother, it would be like trying to polish a turd.

Exactly. The layout as it stands would need to be seriously altered by RMC to make it thrilling. It did gain some rough spots over the years, mostly at the bases of its drops, which have been re-tracked and smoothed out. If they're going to put in a new coaster, they could really use the land Grizzly sits on but I dont see that happening at all.

Exactly. The layout as it stands would need to be seriously altered by RMC to make it thrilling. It did gain some rough spots over the years, mostly at the bases of its drops, which have been re-tracked and smoothed out. If they're going to put in a new coaster, they could really use the land Grizzly sits on but I dont see that happening at all.

I think that's really what kills it. It's just a ho hum layout. Some drops, some turns, some boring long runs..... yawn.

I think that's really what kills it. It's just a ho hum layout. Some drops, some turns, some boring long runs..... yawn.

Which is exactly why it's a hit with families with littles. Sure, it has the same height requirement as Gold Striker, but mom's and dad's can take their timid kids on Grizzly and work them up to something like GS. They are at two opposite ends of the spectrum, and Grizzly isn't going anywhere.

Which is exactly why it's a hit with families with littles. Sure, it has the same height requirement as Gold Striker, but mom's and dad's can take their timid kids on Grizzly and work them up to something like GS. They are at two opposite ends of the spectrum, and Grizzly isn't going anywhere.

According to Screamscape, it is rumored that the Vortex conversion has been pushed back to 2017 or maybe wont happen at all. Either way, I feel like we wont get a new coaster anytime soon. Maybe in 10 years. Smh...

Wait until people are lining up in droves to ride Joker over at SFDK...

According to Screamscape, it is rumored that the Vortex conversion has been pushed back to 2017 or maybe wont happen at all. Either way, I feel like we wont get a new coaster anytime soon. Maybe in 10 years. Smh...

Screamscape has been a lot less reliable lately. I wouldn't put to much thought into it!