TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

2015 hours look great! Love how there open till 10pm all summer. But if u notice it says on the top they will be closed on 49er games. Soo I guess once it's mid augest they will be closed selected Sunday's again.
Sucks for those wanting to visit the park those days, but that is now a set income that really will help benefit the park, if I'm not mistaken.

2015 hours look great! Love how there open till 10pm all summer. But if u notice it says on the top they will be closed on 49er games. Soo I guess once it's mid augest they will be closed selected Sunday's again.
Sucks for those wanting to visit the park those days, but that is now a set income that really will help benefit the park, if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah for last year the 49ers paid Cedar Fair I think it was 12.5 million dollars to close every home day game. The 49ers' opponents have been announced now but not the schedule, so once it's posted those Sundays will be removed from the schedule.

Since CGA is open the day of Wrestlemania (which will be more packed than a sold out niners game) I'd have to conclude that the whole closing on game days thing is a 49ers idea and not a Cedar Fair idea. That said though I could see one year in the future we might end up with the park being open during game days. Perhaps if/when that whole red zone thing goes the way of the dodo.

yup yup, that is absolutely correct. In fact, it's already done, they were breaking down the scaffolding today.

rolercstrluvr, what department do you work? I've been there 3 weeks as seasonal ride electrician, which hopefully will become full time this summer. My name is Josh, 445 on the radio

yup yup, that is absolutely correct. In fact, it's already done, they were breaking down the scaffolding today.

rolercstrluvr, what department do you work? I've been there 3 weeks as seasonal ride electrician, which hopefully will become full time this summer. My name is Josh, 445 on the radio

I actually don't work at the park, just attend the park a lot during the year. (ex- 95 times in 2013)

Great America was open when the stadium had it's first event and it caused a big traffic nightmare.

I can only imagine it will be 100x worse for Wrestlemania.

Overwhelmed by Sharks fans at Levi's Stadium, VTA vows upgrades for Super Bowl, WrestleMania

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers-stadium/ci_27585095/overwhelmed-by-sharks-fans-at-levis-stadium-vta

- Hopefully they take attendance seriously and run enough trains... but then again, its VTA we are talking about

I'm not going to take my luck with VTA that day.

I'm going to either take Uber or Lyft that day. If anyone wants my promo code for either service to earn a free $25-30 credit, you could get a free ride to the event. PM me for it.

I bet a ton of those people are just going to end up driving, if there is a next time. VTA will add some trains, and there will be no demand, but there will be a ton of vehicle traffic. All the drivers will see the empty trains, then use them next time. However, VTA, will say that the extra trains weren't needed and then the cycle will just repeat. I'll just remember to never go when there is an event going on.

This gets brought up a lot but Grizzly isn't in the "needs to be torn down" category. It's not a BAD ride, it's just not thrilling. The only annoying thing about it is how insanely long it takes to dispatch the trains.

I actually saw a rumor that something is happening to Demon. The teaser said "March 1st, exorcise your Demon" with a photo of a demon train on course... I hope that's not a hint that Demon is being removed. I love that coaster like a family member, I'll chain myself to it.

ACE is doing a backstage tour on Feb 28, maybe we'll find out then what plans are in store. Sad to be missing that since Brian and Ann from IOE will be there. Would love to have been able to meet them. (The controls for Gold Striker were IOE's first project)

I haven't ridden Grizzly, but considering that most people think it's rough and/or boring, it would make sense for it to be the coaster to go if they need the room for a new one. I'm not so sure that it should be RMC'd because I don't think there's very much they could do with the layout it has. Then again, that's what I said about Colossus, and they proved me wrong.

I dont think anyone is accusing it of being rough. It's just not very thrilling, which is actually good for younger riders. The only universal criticism is the painfully long time it takes to dispatch the trains. I think if anything has to be removed it should probably be Vortex. Everyone pretty much agrees it's uncomfortable if not outright rough, its nothing special but also not a good beginner coaster either. Who knows maybe theyll do a Rougarou on it.

Speaking of woodies at CGA, guess who has two thumbs and got to ride the first two people occupied trains on gold stricker in 2015? THIS GUY!

We're running it for a private event tonight, along with flight deck, vortex, and rue le dodge.

Oh yeah, It's nice and smooth and fast to start out the season guys!

Speaking of woodies at CGA, guess who has two thumbs and got to ride the first two people occupied trains on gold stricker in 2015? THIS GUY!

We're running it for a private event tonight, along with flight deck, vortex, and rue le dodge.

Oh yeah, It's nice and smooth and fast to start out the season guys!

I know the feeling! I was the 5th public rider ever loaded, on the first public train on 4/30/13.

By the way, when has Gold Striker not been fast and smooth?

I dont think anyone is accusing it of being rough. It's just not very thrilling, which is actually good for younger riders. The only universal criticism is the painfully long time it takes to dispatch the trains. I think if anything has to be removed it should probably be Vortex. Everyone pretty much agrees it's uncomfortable if not outright rough, its nothing special but also not a good beginner coaster either. Who knows maybe theyll do a Rougarou on it.

Rougarou-ing Vortex wouldn't make any sense because of Medusa in Discovery Kingdom. I would rather have them tear Grizzly down and put in a new RMC Hybrid, a Eurofighter, or a B&M Floorless.

Also, does anyone know the height limit in that part of the park

• 2 weeks later...