TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

^^ wasn't there something going on by the front entrance and the picnic pavilions? I dunno I thought I heard about that and there was talk of a large flat ride going in that area. it was something like that.

I thought that had to do with haunt.

^^ wasn't there something going on by the front entrance and the picnic pavilions? I dunno I thought I heard about that and there was talk of a large flat ride going in that area. it was something like that.

They are doing renovations to CGA's Pavilion and adding a seperate entrance for it.

Other than that, there is absolutely no rumors about next year's addition other than people blantantly making stuff up. I wouldn't expect much anyways.

They are doing renovations to CGA's Pavilion and adding a seperate entrance for it.

Other than that, there is absolutely no rumors about next year's addition other than people blantantly making stuff up. I wouldn't expect much anyways.

That's right, now I remember.

I think we can all agree that there waiting on an order to ship for Gold Striker because there are no mechanics,employes or anyone even at the ride. If there was a problem with the chain or something there would of been people fixing it already instead of them waiting without fixing anything.

Hey guys, CGA rides employee here. First off, I don't wan't to get in trouble, so I don't want to get too specific on anything I've heard about what's wrong with Gold Striker. Besides, I don't work at Gold Striker, so all I know are rumors from Gold Striker operators that may or may not know what they're talking about.

From my experience at other rides, I would guess it's very possible that the frequent downtimes prior to this could be completely unrelated and could continue after the ride is re-opened. I know that at Eagle's Flight/Delta Flyer, the ride has fairly frequent down times for an issue that is easily-fixed, but results from a situation that pops up ALL. THE. TIME.

I also noticed all the employes who operate gold striker still report to the ride even though it's closed.

Yeah, they all still show up for their scheduled shifts. A couple people stick around to operate Star Tower and some (if not all) of the rest are sent to other rides to help out.

Hey guys, CGA rides employee here. First off, I don't wan't to get in trouble, so I don't want to get too specific on anything I've heard about what's wrong with Gold Striker. Besides, I don't work at Gold Striker, so all I know are rumors from Gold Striker operators that may or may not know what they're talking about.

From my experience at other rides, I would guess it's very possible that the frequent downtimes prior to this could be completely unrelated and could continue after the ride is re-opened. I know that at Eagle's Flight/Delta Flyer, the ride has fairly frequent down times for an issue that is easily-fixed, but results from a situation that pops up ALL. THE. TIME.

I also noticed all the employes who operate gold striker still report to the ride even though it's closed.

Yeah, they all still show up for their scheduled shifts. A couple people stick around to operate Star Tower and some (if not all) of the rest are sent to other rides to help out.

Why does the skyride at CGA have 2 names, anyways?

Also, did you know that Grizzly is listed as a family ride on CGA's website? I really don't get why Cedar Fair insists on making 48" height restrictions on family rides... has Grizzly always been that way or is it a Cedar Fair thing?

^ I have no idea why they have two different names for the skyride. It's always seemed unnecessary to me.

As for the Grizzly, I'm fairly sure that the height restrictions are set by the ride manufacturer and not the parks. So I would assume that the Grizzly has been 48" since it opened. The classification as a "Family Ride" is most likely a Cedar Fair thing.

Pretty simple:

Delta Flyer is in the Orleans Place area.

Eagle's Flight is (formerly) in the County Fair area.

Obviously, Delta Flyer wouldn't make sense in a County Fair-themed area and Eagle's Flight, you know, wouldn't make sense in a New Orleans-themed area.

Pretty simple:

Delta Flyer is in the Orleans Place area.

Eagle's Flight is (formerly) in the County Fair area.

Obviously, Delta Flyer wouldn't make sense in a County Fair-themed area and Eagle's Flight, you know, wouldn't make sense in a New Orleans-themed area.

If this was Six Flags, I think Delta Flyer would get plastered with Delta Airlines ads... with the airport nearby, why not?

^ Has anyone ever actually bought Takis? The only time I've ever heard of them is at Six Flags, and the only time I've ever tried them were when they were handing out free sample bags at SFOG. I wasn't impressed enough to ever want to buy them.

I had never even heard of them until I went on Medusa at Discovery Kingdom. I'm glad Great America doesn't feel like a giant advertisement.

I don't mind the advertisements in the park or even in the station, but when they start wrapping the vehicles with advertisements like on Viper that really bothers me.

You saying that you don't like the El Toro clown car?

Are you talking about the Soul Train?

On another note, I was planning on going to CGA tomorrow since I have to be in the Bay Area tomorrow night anyways. But it looks like Gold Striker will be down, so I'm not so sure now. Gold Striker was my main reason for going to CGA as I haven't been on it yet. I have a MCR ticket for CGA I have to use by Labor Day, so if I don't go tomorrow it will be by the end of the month.

Are you talking about the Soul Train?

On another note, I was planning on going to CGA tomorrow since I have to be in the Bay Area tomorrow night anyways. But it looks like Gold Striker will be down, so I'm not so sure now. Gold Striker was my main reason for going to CGA as I haven't been on it yet. I have a MCR ticket for CGA I have to use by Labor Day, so if I don't go tomorrow it will be by the end of the month.

I was at Great America yesterday and I wanted to go on Gold Striker, but the ride was closed

DSCF5240.thumb.JPG.c81c8ccaffc77f70304db29553fa9f5c.JPG

I'm going to the park for the first time this Friday. I hear Gold Striker is down which is a bummer. Do you think getting a Fast Lane pass would be worth it for the other rides? This will probably be my only visit to this park so I want to get my fill. I'm guessing with school starting soon crowds will be pretty crazy on Friday. Also, I'll be there by myself, do they have single rider lines?

Thanks

I'm going to the park for the first time this Friday. I hear Gold Striker is down which is a bummer. Do you think getting a Fast Lane pass would be worth it for the other rides? This will probably be my only visit to this park so I want to get my fill. I'm guessing with school starting soon crowds will be pretty crazy on Friday. Also, I'll be there by myself, do they have single rider lines?

Thanks

Seriously doubt you will need a fast lane pass unless there is a special event. Gold Striker is usually the only line that gets long, that activity will probably migrate to Flight Deck but it should still be manageable. Don't by a FL ahead of time, save the cash and then just buy one at the park if you find it busier than expected. Sorry to hear Gold Striker is likely to be down on your only visit to the park, it really is a gem.

Thanks

On Saturdays, other than Gold Striker, Tiki Twirl, and Grizzly, all of the rides were half hour waits or less. The other three were 45-60 minutes in length, but on a weekday, that should be much less.